Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 10:41   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I am looking for a scooter for our family, and one of the criteria is height and weight. It should be comfortable for a short person of around 5'2". Other than TVS Scooty pep+, what other options can be considered?
For short riders, you can also consider a Yamaha Ray, I am planning to pick up one for my wife while I ride a Jupiter and a Kinetic Honda !
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 10:47   #3587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a scooter for our family, and one of the criteria is height and weight. It should be comfortable for a short person of around 5'2". Other than TVS Scooty pep+, what other options can be considered?
Yamaha Ray is the best scooter available that is comfortable for short people.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 12:51   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Friends,
As the thought of ugrading my 10" tyres of Vijai Super to 12" came in, I made a quick comparison of the overall height and circumference of the 90/90-12 and 3.50-10 tyres.
The metric equivalent to 3.50 - 10 is 89/100-10. What I quickly realized is that the circumference of the 90/90-12" tyre is 110mm more than the 3.5-10 tyre, which corresponds to 17.5 mm increase in height.
17.5 mm is little less than 3/4 inch. So, does it really matter much in terms of increasing ground clearance and handling?
Increase of 17.5 mm in the ground clearance is not small; it is considerable. So, if GC is the primary reason for tyre upgrade, 12" tyres are not a problem.

For handling, this size change shall not cause any problem. You will be able to take small potholes little better.

Quote:
Please consider Hero Pleasure.
We have purchased one 2 years back for the same reason. This scooter suits persons having 5'2" height. It is also very easy to handle. We have had good ownership experience. The build quality is good.

IMO, too small or tiny scooters won't look good on us, when we take them out. Hero Pleasure is not too small or tiny. And it is not too big.

Also, Hero Pleasure has a very good population on the roads. It would be very easy to get spares and service for this scooters for years to come.
Rahul Bhalgat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 12:54   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than TVS Scooty pep+, what other options can be considered?
TVS Zest is also a good scooter, one size smaller than the Wego, but with the same engine.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 18:54   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post

Also, Hero Pleasure has a very good population on the roads. It would be very easy to get spares and service for this scooters for years to come.

Thanks. Does Hero Pleasure have the original Honda engine even now or is it now replaced by "Hero"'s own engine?

Previously, long time back, I had a very bad experience with Hero Puch when they replaced the engines with their own ones. Just wondering if Hero still uses Honda engines even after they split up with Honda
Old 11th January 2016, 11:41   #3591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can also consider the Suzuki Lets, it is also a small scooter !
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:43   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Wifey wants a scooter, but one which doesnt look like everything else on the road, to the untrained eye. Which is pretty much everything. I dont really want to think about it much and want to head straight to the Honda showroom to buy an Activa , but are there any such scooters which look sleek yet are very practical (can take full size helmet) and reliable.
Scooters already ruled out :
- Honda Dio
- All Vespas.

How good is the Yamaha Fascino ? Can it hold a full sized helmet ?

PS : I am still inclined towards the Activa.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:34   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Did you try the TVS stable? Jupiter seems competent. Can store a full size helmet easily.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 13:26   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Fascino has got 21 litre capacity whereas Jupiter has only 17 Litres (as per Website information). So Fascino seems better option for you.!!
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 14:37   #3595
BANNED

Quote:
Wifey wants a scooter, but one which doesnt look like everything else on the road, to the untrained eye. Which is pretty much everything. I dont really want to think about it much and want to head straight to the Honda showroom to buy an Activa , but are there any such scooters which look sleek yet are very practical (can take full size helmet) and reliable.
- Honda Dio
- All Vespas.

Activa is nice, but really speaking there are much better options available for your money that are equally reliable atleast from the Japanese manufacturers. My all time favorite and recommendation to everyone is the Yamaha Ray Nothing special in terms of features, but ride it properly once, and you will see that it is the most dynamically gifted and easy to ride of the lot. Light weight, comfortable yet narrow, agile and perfect balance means you can confidently tip this thing into corners making it the only scooter to plant a smile on my face. I frankly could not believe that a CVT driven 100cc scooter on tiny little wheels was giving me so much fun. It is the most ergonomically sound and dynamically accomplished package out there. Comfy, smooth and cheap as well which makes it a no-brainer IMO for anyone who has actually bothered testing all these things out

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th January 2016 at 14:39.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 14:44   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

depending on how far the nearest service center is, give the Suzuki stable a visit. they have some nice & competent scooters. I have a Access and apart from the difficulty in servicing it, have had a very hassle free experience.
Old 20th January 2016, 14:45   #3597
Senior - BHPian

If you don't buy the Activa, be prepared for one question that everybody is going to ask you - 'Why did you not buy the Activa?'

That's how it is at the moment

Its very difficult picking a scooter for the fairer sex, the Vespa would be the best one, but that is already ruled out. The TVS Scooty 110 is also very accomplished. The Fascino is a beauty, problem is if she buys it in a girly shade then you would have 'problems' riding it on your own

Also, if you are not in too much of a hurry, wait till the Auto-Expo. There might be some nice Scooters launched at the Expo
Old 20th January 2016, 15:50   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Did you try the TVS stable? Jupiter seems competent. Can store a full size helmet easily.
Not tried the Jupiter (yet). Missus thinks its kinda boring. But a test ride shouldnt do much harm anyway, so will check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Fascino has got 21 litre capacity whereas Jupiter has only 17 Litres (as per Website information). So Fascino seems better option for you.!!
Oh Cool, thanks! There is a new Yamaha showroom a stones throw from where I live, might give this a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
My all time favorite and recommendation to everyone is the Yamaha Ray Nothing special in terms of features, but ride it properly once, and you will see that it is the most dynamically gifted and easy to ride of the lot.
Cool, hows the ride comfort of the Ray on medium bad roads ? Is it comfortable being ridden two up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
depending on how far the nearest service center is, give the Suzuki stable a visit. they have some nice & competent scooters. I have a Access and apart from the difficulty in servicing it, have had a very hassle free experience.
There was a Suzuki showroom in the vicinity of where I live, but it seems to have shut shop. Not very confidence inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If you don't buy the Activa, be prepared for one question that everybody is going to ask you - 'Why did you not buy the Activa?'
I know! Everybody and their aunts use only the Activa, and hence me not being very inclined to experiment, thought of this too! .

Quote:
Its very difficult picking a scooter for the fairer sex, the Vespa would be the best one, but that is already ruled out.
Tell me about it! When she said she wanted something which "doesnt look like a scooter" , I offered to buy TVS XL Super. Had to do with office canteen food that day.

Quote:
The Fascino is a beauty, problem is if she buys it in a girly shade then you would have 'problems' riding it on your own
To be honest, I have no problems riding something which is perceived as bright and girly. But that's just me. Doesn't really matter to me as long as its reliable, low maintenance, fill-it shut-it forget-it kinds.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 16:05   #3599
BANNED

Quote:
Cool, hows the ride comfort of the Ray on medium bad roads ? Is it comfortable being ridden two up ?
Telescopic suspension means that ride quality is well sorted If your wife is looking at something fancy then obviously Fascino or Vespa may be the way to go but if you are looking at the perfect no-nonsense scooter, the Ray steals the crown for not only being cheap, easy to use and comfy but also having that added advantage of brilliant handling

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th January 2016 at 16:06.
Old 25th January 2016, 15:35   #3600
BHPian

Quote:
- Honda Dio
- All Vespas.

Why not look at the Hero Duet?
kumarshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks