Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 10:30   #3001
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Hi Friends,

I have a TVS Wego which we purchased in July this year.
Have a Query regarding the Economy Light. When I switch ON the ignition the digital meter and all the lights glow and then go Off.

Only, the Economy light Stays ON without Starting Engine & even after Engine is started.
Is that Normal or do I need to get it checked ?
Old 8th October 2014, 10:52   #3002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Friends,

I have a TVS Wego which we purchased in July this year.
Have a Query regarding the Economy Light. When I switch ON the ignition the digital meter and all the lights glow and then go Off.

Only, the Economy light Stays ON without Starting Engine & even after Engine is started.
Is that Normal or do I need to get it checked ?
In our scooty pep+ atleast, that is how it is. I don't think Wego would be any different with respect to that. That light is purely linked to the throttle position.
Without switching on the engine, Turn the accelerator to its highest position and the 'economy' green light will go off and the 'power' amber light will come on. When you turn back to the lowest position, the opposite will happen.
The actual change happens when the throttle is turned half-way through. In fact, at a particular position, both the lights will be off
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 11:12   #3003
BHPian

Thanks Hemanth.
The same happens in Wego as well when we stretch the throttle instantly it goes in Power Mode and comes back to Economy once it senses the mode which it is driven in.

But, my Question is whether the Economy Light ON without starting the Engine is Normal or Not ?

All other indication lights go off after a second. But, this economy light stays ON without starting & when the engine is started as well.
Is that Normal is what the Question is.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 8th October 2014 at 11:16.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:44   #3004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
But, my Question is whether the Economy Light ON without starting the Engine is Normal or Not ?

All other indication lights go off after a second. But, this economy light stays ON without starting & when the engine is started as well.
Is that Normal is what the Question is.
Ok, let me be specific. YES, it is normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Without switching on the engine,...
and that is what I meant by the above sentence quoted from my previous post. Irrespective of whether the engine is on or off, the economy light will glow
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:56   #3005
BHPian

Thanks Hemanth.
Earlier, I was under the impression that there is some issue with the Light.
Since, my Honda Brio's ECO Indicator only Glows when the ECU establishes that the Gear, Speed and Accelerator position are ideal for ECO Mode.

I applied the same logic in case of Wego as well
Old 8th October 2014, 19:18   #3006
BHPian

After immense thought and driving all gearless scooters finally bought Vespa Vx lime shade for my Father. Needless to say after driving Activa for almost 10 years feel a drastic change while driving vespa. But money involved always force me to feel premium the moment I sat on driving seat :-).
Old 12th October 2014, 08:17   #3007
BHPian

Its been 15 Days since we got our Wego and it has clocked around 250 Kms.
Love riding it. Though it is primarily used by Wifey for Office commute, i try to find reasons to take it out. It has got a nice linear acceleration when ridden solo and loves to be revved. It gets a bit uncomfortable with 3 people [Me, my Wife and my kiddo] but that's expected. I have somehow controlled my desire to take it past 50 kmph. Waiting for 1000 Kms to get over soon.

One thing i did not like is that since the Blue Backlight stays ON always, there is no indication on the Speedometer Console that the Headlight is ON if it is in the Low Beam Position. For High Beam there is an Indicator. This is in cases where the Headlight is say kept ON by mistake during Daytime, then one would never know.

Did not get a chance to measure the Fuel Consumption accurately through the Full Tank Method. However, i think it is hovering around the 40 kmpl mark. Hope it increases after 1st Service once the Parts gel together.
Will post an Update after 1st Service is completed.

Enjoy some Pics for now...Cheers...
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_155226.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_155238.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_155611.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_160752.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_161041.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141004_161134.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 10:48   #3008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Love riding it. Though it is primarily used by Wifey for Office commute, i try to find reasons to take it out. It has got a nice linear acceleration when ridden solo and loves to be revved. It gets a bit uncomfortable with 3 people [Me, my Wife and my kiddo] but that's expected. I have somehow controlled my desire to take it past 50 kmph. Waiting for 1000 Kms to get over soon.

One thing i did not like is that since the Blue Backlight stays ON always, there is no indication on the Speedometer Console that the Headlight is ON if it is in the Low Beam Position. For High Beam there is an Indicator. This is in cases where the Headlight is say kept ON by mistake during Daytime, then one would never know.

Did not get a chance to measure the Fuel Consumption accurately through the Full Tank Method. However, i think it is hovering around the 40 kmpl mark. Hope it increases after 1st Service once the Parts gel together.
Will post an Update after 1st Service is completed.

Enjoy some Pics for now...Cheers...
The points mentioned by you on the digital speedo are very valid. Don't know why TVS did not think about such basic things during design.

Even I am finding reasons to ride the scooter. It has done 350 kms until now and I have hit speeds of 70 and above. Even after this the engine gave a healthy 39 kmpl. I am Wondering how much it would give with a light wrist
Old 12th October 2014, 13:25   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The points mentioned by you on the digital speedo are very valid. Don't know why TVS did not think about such basic things during design.

Even I am finding reasons to ride the scooter. It has done 350 kms until now and I have hit speeds of 70 and above. Even after this the engine gave a healthy 39 kmpl. I am Wondering how much it would give with a light wrist
You don't have to wonder anymore. With a light twist, depending on the roads, you can get upwards of 45kmpl. I have even got upwards of 50kmpl, but that's not too often. But upwards of 45kmpl is regular.

The Wego engine is quite frugal by nature, but its easy revving engine can also be fun to ride around too. My Wego is close to 20000 kms and almost all of it ridden by wife to and fro work.

P
Old 12th October 2014, 14:13   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
You don't have to wonder anymore. With a light twist, depending on the roads, you can get upwards of 45kmpl. I have even got upwards of 50kmpl, but that's not too often. But upwards of 45kmpl is regular.

The Wego engine is quite frugal by nature, but its easy revving engine can also be fun to ride around too. My Wego is close to 20000 kms and almost all of it ridden by wife to and fro work.

P
That's nice to hear.

Of the 350 kms completed till now, 200 is on NICE road with speeds constantly above 60. I have not followed the running in instructions of limiting to 50 kph. It is too less on Nice road. Will get the engine oil and transmission oil changed at first service
Old 13th October 2014, 09:01   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Love riding it. Though it is primarily used by Wifey for Office commute, i try to find reasons to take it out.
Congrats on the new buy.
looks like TVS had communized the silencer with Jupiter in the Wego 110 model.
Old 13th October 2014, 15:14   #3012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
...road with speeds constantly above 60. I have not followed the running in instructions of limiting to 50 kph...
A good running-in method is to vary the speed with occasional high RPM bursts and then release throttle completely. Even 50-kph, constant run, w/o varying the speed of engine is not good.

Here is my factory fresh, less than a month old Jupiter

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20141013_082105.jpg

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20141013_081926resz.jpg
Old 14th October 2014, 05:52   #3013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
A good running-in method is to vary the speed with occasional high RPM bursts and then release throttle completely. Even 50-kph, constant run, w/o varying the speed of engine is not good.
Yes I do that few times every time I ride it. Take the speed to 60 plus, leave the accelerator and come down to 15 kmph.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:07   #3014
BHPian

Need your help friends.

I am posting this on behalf of my uncle. He is in the market, on the lookout for a gear less scooter. Currently he rides a Hero Honda Splendor+ which is 10 years old. There is nothing wrong with the bike. As his age is progressing he finds it stressing out to ride in traffic.
He is about 65 years old, 5 ft 8 inches tall. Average build. He rides about 35~40 KM a day.

He is looking for a scooter that is:
 Well balanced
 Has good to decent fuel efficiency
 Reliable, and longer term maintenance should be hassle free
 Easy to maintain
 Easy to maneuver in traffic and place on and off the stand.
 Ride and comfort is top priority.

He’s not to inclined towards the Honda’s as he finds them heavy and says they don’t handle/ride well. He was mentioning about the TVS wego, Juipter & a couple from the Yamaha range.
He nor me have much insights towards the gearless scooters available in the market today.

Budget is not a concern here for the right bike. Also he is not looking for anything fancy like the Vespa collection, unless it meets all the above criteria.
Location Bangalore.

Kindly help us decide and narrow down on the right scooter.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:20   #3015
BHPian

Since he is a bike rider currently, wego will be the best for him.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks