Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 09:06   #2926
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Now how many kms has it run in 3 years? For sure TVS service is better than Honda, I think anybody and everybody is better than Honda, a friend bought the Scooty only for this reason. BTW what fuel mileage do you get, and how is the pickup.
In three years the Wego has completed running 28,470 kms. The mileage that my wife gets is around 45-48 kmpl and when I ride it gives a wee bit more. But that is the figure. We had an Activa prior to this and the mileage was very similar.
Old 28th August 2014, 09:49   #2927
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki have launced a 'New' Access 125. A screenshot of the brouchure showing the new features is ahown below. More of a cosmetic additions to woo customers ahead of the festive season

The Gearless Scooter Thread-tbhp.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 12:27   #2928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Suzuki have launced a 'New' Access 125. A screenshot of the brouchure showing the new features is ahown below. More of a cosmetic additions to woo customers ahead of the festive season

Attachment 1279495
This is good news for existing customers like me.
I can see that they have claimed that the reflector is new. The older Access had really poor lighting. I am contemplating retrofitting the new one in my Access now.
Also, tubeless tyres are a nice addition. Perhaps I should change to tubeless in a few months now. The silver grab handle is good to know. Can I replace the old one with this?

Edit: What is the recommended grade and quantity of the gear oil? The manual does not mention anything.
Old 28th August 2014, 14:05   #2929
BHPian

Friends need suggestion, planning to buy gear less scooter, primarily for Wife. Requirements are -

1. Easy handling, light weight (mean easy on parking)
2. Good suspensions, considering Bangalore roads.
3. Decent to good storage space
4. Decent mileage
5. Of course trouble free maintenance.

Scooters I'm not considering is - Yamaha, Deo, Activa (long waiting period), Hero,

Recently Mahindra launched Rodeo UZO 125 carrying sporty look with decent specification, any opinion on Mahindra Scooters ?

Cheers !!!
Old 28th August 2014, 14:48   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Recently Mahindra launched Rodeo UZO 125 carrying sporty look with decent specification, any opinion on Mahindra Scooters ?

Cheers !!!
WEGO and Jupiter have widespread acceptance on the forum. You should also look at Let's from Suzuki, as I found it to be good. Access if you want a more powerful scooter, I own one. And if you are OK with the budget, Vespa seems to be the most sort after.

Mahindra - J have seen VERY few on the road and unless you have a service center close by, I would give it a miss.
Old 30th August 2014, 16:00   #2931
Senior - BHPian

About gear oil, for Access, I have read here that it is SAE 90 oil. However, my neighborhood mechanic says that he simply uses 100 ml of engine oil (10W30 or 40 - what ever I would give him). This is just as @dass has written here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3452064
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:18   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Had an 'express' service this morning at my FNG mechanic. I prefer him since he does the oil change in front of me.
The old Shell AX7 which has a claimed life of 4000 KM really did not last even half of that. It was quite watery.

About the oil change with filter, 1000 ml was put in and it seems that this is too much.
When I put the dipstick even after running the engine for a few minutes and then waiting for some time, I can see that the level crosses beyond the max point on the dipstick.
So, probably 900 ml is enough (that is also what the FNG has been stating so far).

Gear oil was also checked and found to be OK. So, it has not been changed.
But I am still looking for information on which gear oil has to be used for Access.

So, only engine oil and oil filter changed this time (had bought these in advance a couple of months ago).

No other things changed. Service cost: Rs. 60.

The 'klich' sound that comes when accelerating after crossing a speed breaker is there and it seems the belt inside needs to be replaced. However, this requires opening up everything and this has been planned for the weekend.

I am interested in improving the visibility at night. If the new Access has better reflector design, perhaps I should try to put that in.
Please recommend a bulb that I should be using. My current bulb is 3.5 years old and I want to change it.

Last edited by S_U_N : 2nd September 2014 at 13:20.
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:37   #2933
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to buy TVS Wego disk brake version. Does anyone have a disk brake version here? Please provide feedback in the improvement in braking over normal drum brakes.Is it really worth it?Would be helpful in making a decision.

Apparently, disk brake version is available only in Red and White. Dunno what is the logic behind this illogical decision to restrict color in disk brake version. :(
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 20:11   #2934
BHPian

Planning to purchase a vespa S and install HID's.

Any insights regarding the costs involved in doing this? Will the warranty get void?
Old 6th September 2014, 21:36   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post

Any insights regarding the costs involved in doing this? Will the warranty get void?
Why do you want an HID on the Vespa? The stock bulbs / lighting is awesome at night!
Old 6th September 2014, 21:42   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Planning to buy TVS Wego disk brake version. Does anyone have a disk brake version here? Please provide feedback in the improvement in braking over normal drum brakes.Is it really worth it?Would be helpful in making a decision.

Apparently, disk brake version is available only in Red and White. Dunno what is the logic behind this illogical decision to restrict color in disk brake version. :(
A Relative of mine own a disc brake Avaitor and yes, the brakes make a lot of difference, its like having 'power' brakes if you are used to normal scooter brakes. Especially in an emergency

The reason why TVS has disc brakes only on the red bike is because all the sporty inclined as in those who love to race prefer red vehicles!
Old 7th September 2014, 03:25   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Why do you want an HID on the Vespa? The stock bulbs / lighting is awesome at night!
They're brighter than the stock ones. I wanted white/ blue (tinge) lights on my scooter which will also look better.
Old 7th September 2014, 09:12   #2938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure but if the Vespa has AC lighting, ie powered by alternator and not the battery, it will be a tedious task to add HIDs. Most of the accessory shops do jugad when installing HID unlike in a car which is pretty straight forward. Hence this will void warranty. Another aspect to be considered is the space behind the reflector. The HID bulbs will occupy more space compared to Halogens since they have a solenoid to move the bulb to switch beams. Both these aspects have kept me from installing HIDs on my Dio. If you directly install HIDs, they will flicker during Idle, and discharge the battery on continuous use.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 09:20   #2939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

HID will be overkill on the small reflector of Vespa. They draw a lot of power and the battery won't be able to keep up with the output draw. Not to mention the other practical problems fellow members have mentioned.

If you want bluish tinge then there are bulbs which are available in Stock size and wattage. But your visibility at night will go for a toss especially on wet roads
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 00:58   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure but if the Vespa has AC lighting, ie powered by alternator and not the battery, it will be a tedious task to add HIDs. Most of the accessory shops do jugad when installing HID unlike in a car which is pretty straight forward. Hence this will void warranty. Another aspect to be considered is the space behind the reflector. The HID bulbs will occupy more space compared to Halogens since they have a solenoid to move the bulb to switch beams. Both these aspects have kept me from installing HIDs on my Dio. If you directly install HIDs, they will flicker during Idle, and discharge the battery on continuous use.
You're right. Everywhere I checked online stated that there wont be enough space for the HIDs :( Spoke to the Vespa showroom, they dont install aftermarket lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
HID will be overkill on the small reflector of Vespa. They draw a lot of power and the battery won't be able to keep up with the output draw. Not to mention the other practical problems fellow members have mentioned.

If you want bluish tinge then there are bulbs which are available in Stock size and wattage. But your visibility at night will go for a toss especially on wet roads
Hadn't considered the power the HIDs would consume. Don't think it will be practical to install after the insights I've gained here Will look into LEDs now
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks