Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 21:40   #2881
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Wego Refresh (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
This is going to be a short review of TVS Wego Refresh 2014.
Congrats on your choice. Glad to know that you chose the Wego. Its a very good vehicle for both the male and female members of the family to use. Hope your wife also had a ride before your decision was made. Asking this because my wife is 5'0 and found the Wego a tad tall and heavy to handle. She is very comfortable with the Ray though and finds it easy to handle.

Good to know the Wego refresh has digital console. Does it also come with disc brakes (optional at least).
Old 13th July 2014, 22:06   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Guys

Does someone know the OTR price of a new Actvia or Access in Hyderabad? A pal of mine was inquiring. He also wanted to know if any loans are available, and if so, what is their rate of interest? And the tenure?

The Suzuki dealer near my apartment has shifted, hence my question.
Old 13th July 2014, 22:13   #2883
BHPian

Re: TVS Wego Refresh (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your choice. Glad to know that you chose the Wego. Its a very good vehicle for both the male and female members of the family to use. Hope your wife also had a ride before your decision was made. Asking this because my wife is 5'0 and found the Wego a tad tall and heavy to handle. She is very comfortable with the Ray though and finds it easy to handle.

Good to know the Wego refresh has digital console. Does it also come with disc brakes (optional at least).
Yes, even my wife is 5'0 and she found it ok. I guess the saddle height is little less compared to that activa though the weight is comparable to activa. Moreover it is perception that matters, if you see the weight it is comparable, but the activa's body design gives you a perception that it is bulky and thereby it gets you to feel more heavy.

Yes, it has optional disc brakes. Even I believe the digital console is optional. You can opt for one which will costs 2K less.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 13:44   #2884
Senior - BHPian

I just recently saw an ad from LML of a geraless 150cc scooter with the traditional scooter design. Could not find any mention on this thread.
Here's the link
http://www.lmlglobal.in/StarEuro150%20Gearless%20Colors

Anybody tried this yet? I quite like the retro scooter styling of this, but not sure of how it actually is in performance and reliability.

EDIT: Apparently, their scooters are very well received in Europe (on searching the web) especially the 200cc 11.5 bhp scooter (with gear)

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 14th July 2014 at 13:50.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:26   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Does someone know the OTR price of a new Actvia or Access in Hyderabad? A pal of mine was inquiring. He also wanted to know if any loans are available, and if so, what is their rate of interest? And the tenure?

The Suzuki dealer near my apartment has shifted, hence my question.
Activa 110 or the 125cc ?
110 is available in 10 days and 125cc in 3 months. I don't recollect the exact price but, 110cc is some where around 55k and 125cc around 60k
ROI with IndusInd Bank is 13%. Catch is, the accessories are not covered in this EMI.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 16:41   #2886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Activa 110 or the 125cc ?
110 is available in 10 days and 125cc in 3 months. I don't recollect the exact price but, 110cc is some where around 55k and 125cc around 60k
ROI with IndusInd Bank is 13%. Catch is, the accessories are not covered in this EMI.
Thanks, but it is more than that. The Activa i is around 60 K on road, while the 125 cc is around 67 K. The Access 125 is 59.8 K while the Swish is 60.8 K on road. Both models of Suzuki and the Honda Activa i are available either immediately or within 3 to 4 days. The Activa 125 cc has a waiting period of 3 months.

I believe the buyer is thinking of using his credit card and splitting the repayment into 10 installments. I believe he needs to pay around 54 K for a credit card payment of 50 K. If that is correct, I think it is far better than going for a vehicle loan.
Old 19th July 2014, 19:44   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Activa Owners,

Two issues cropped up in the recently serviced Activa

1) Lot of juddering when the speeds are below 20 kmph.
2) Squeaky brakes, make huge noise when applied.

The scooter has been recently serviced, should I go back to the workshop.

One more issue troubling me - Why isnt there any breather provided in the under seat storage space. I could see moisture inside the storage space, no way fresh air is circulated inside.
Old 19th July 2014, 20:31   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

If you have an Activa 125, the juddering is because of the CVT. The CVT was originally designed around the 110 Activa and how much ever you service it, there will always be a slight judder till 15kmph. If it is the 110, I have no clue.

About the squeaky brakes, I am guessing you have the 110 with the drum brakes. In that case, check if the shoes have not loosened or if the brakes are too tight. In fact try to find out if the noise if from the drums or the lever on the hub.
dhaval-mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 12:36   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Activa Owners,

Two issues cropped up in the recently serviced Activa

The scooter has been recently serviced, should I go back to the workshop.

One more issue troubling me - Why isnt there any breather provided in the under seat storage space. I could see moisture inside the storage space, no way fresh air is circulated inside.
One reason for the brake squeak is when the drum wall becomes too smooth. This needs to be rubbed with sand paper so that there is more friction between the brake shoes and the drum walls. That should eliminate the squeak.
prajwalkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 13:31   #2890
Senior - BHPian

Did my first long ride on Vespa. Awesome stability at high speeds and ride quality.
Was a 120 kms ride ( up and down) accompanied by a Iron 883 and Classic 500!.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 14:25   #2891
BHPian

TVS Wego owners, I have a query. I came to know that 2014 refresh model has a digital cluster which is optional I believe. Is it possible to get this part retrofitted in existing wego models ? My mom has the 2012 Wego. I'd be really interested here, hence asking.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:55   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
spot on deepak. wifey test rode Activa and wasn't very comfortable on it due to it's height. I know it's an excellent product, but it's seat was a bit too high for her.

btw, do you guys think lowering the seat height will be a good idea?

we will be going for test-rides of Nova and Wave this week-end. Any experiences with these two?

\N

Activa is a brilliant brilliant two wheeler and very unisex looks and performance wise. However, its slightly taller and heavier bike and not suitable if your better half is slightly shorter. Having said that, my sister is 5'3" and she has been driving Activa since 2006. And it is still very much there. Robust and comfort packet.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 21st July 2014, 06:47   #2893
BHPian

Did a full tank with Shell Supreme petrol in my TVS Jupiter. Was surprised to note an amazing fuel economy of 57.3 kmpl, which also included about 30 kms in power mode. Mostly I keep around 50 kmph, & switch off engine at signals. Just to ensure oil circulation either when warm or cold, I let the engine idle for a few seconds before driving. On the whole, I am happy with its performance. The downside is the audible tappet noise from the vents near engine head & reflected from the legshield. TVS could do something about this.
Old 21st July 2014, 08:02   #2894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should silica gel be the ideal antidote for the moisture issue? Any other alternatives?
Old 21st July 2014, 09:46   #2895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did my first long ride on Vespa. Awesome stability at high speeds and ride quality.
Was a 120 kms ride ( up and down) accompanied by a Iron 883 and Classic 500!.
Did you take any breaks or was it a 60Km non-stop drive (one side)?

I'm asking this because I plan to do a 150-200Km one way drive sometime soon

I have done 30Kms non-stop drive a few times now and was wondering if the seating position would induce any back pain during longer drives.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks