Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 07:36   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mechanic for Activa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could any of you advise us on a decent mechanic for activa, in and around south bangalore(prefer JP Nagar). The bike has NOT been serviced for quite sometime and my sister is NOT keen to take it to the honda service center.
Try Bosch Express service in Banashankari if you can. They are run by ex Honda mechs and they know In and Out of the activa, dio etc and do a detailed job on the vehicle but for the same cost as that of the ASC. Hence it may not be cheap, but definitely a good alternative to the ASC. They are located near Monotype.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 10:25   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The benefits the maestro offers is noticeable with a little sharper styling and personally I like the front of the maestro better.

I believe they share the same engine and transmission too, since Hero used Honda tech before and at least in their current models. Since I havent got a chance to ride a Maestro, I cant say how the engine and performance fares in comparison to the Activa. If hero has made the engine and components as good as Honda, meaning same quality and vendors etc then the Maestro will be a good choice. Especially the finer the engine, better is its life, efficiency etc in the longrun.

If hero offers same refinement, smoothness and performance then I think the Maestro will be a good option instead of the plain looking Activa.
You echo my thoughts, dear Ser.

My only concern is whether the HET Activa is really that much more efficient when compared to the Maestro?
Old 5th July 2014, 11:43   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody put twin tone horns on a scooter? The OE one on the Jupiter is screechy and I have heard many motorcycles with twin horns. Thus the question.
Old 5th July 2014, 12:53   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Has anybody put twin tone horns on a scooter? The OE one on the Jupiter is screechy and I have heard many motorcycles with twin horns. Thus the question.
Am looking for the same for our Swish. Any pointers on the same would be appreciated. I tried replacing the stock one with a single piece from the Hella pair i bought for my pulsar but it went kaput after a week so had to return back to the stock.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 5th July 2014 at 13:02.
Old 6th July 2014, 00:45   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Booked the Maestro today. Red colour.

Apparently Ex-Showroom prices will increase by 4% from Monday. So got the invoice done today to ensure we get the lower price.
Old 6th July 2014, 12:19   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Anybody using Suzuki Lets ? Review please.

My friend is interested in buying this. He took a TD and liked it.

Rohan
Old 7th July 2014, 08:53   #2872
Senior - BHPian

Got my Activa serviced last weekend. The scooter has 9.6K on the odo. The usual were done like engine oil change etc. Costed me 275 bucks. A couple of issues pointed out were 1) engine stalling at low rpms, 2) squeaky brakes 3) Anti rust under body coating touch up etc. All were resolved. I was offered an AMC for 999 which usually costs Rs 1210/- otherwise. Politely denied and assured them to think about the same during the next service.

Got the Activa serviced at Vihaan Honda's new workshop at Owale on Ghodbunder Road, Thane. The workshop is very small and accomodate at the max 7-8 two wheelers. Even the wash area was a squeezed one. The crowd was thin even on a Saturday ( as compared to their Manpada workshop which is choc a bloc with service requests), hence service is faster.
Old 8th July 2014, 15:25   #2873
BHPian

Booked a Black Matt Vespa VX Exclusivo edition today.

An LML Vespa had been my first ride in 1989 in my first job and it served me very well for 14 years.

I didnt have a 2-wheeler since then & was nostalgic about getting a Vespa again. I took a test drive a few months back but didnt book it then as the Vespa S was going to come out.

I loved the looks of Vespa S but it doesnt have a front boot which is quite useful especially in rains, but I didnt mind the retro looks of Vespa VX either.

I was going to book the Yellow color, but then just this week Vespa came out with a limited edition Exclusivo model with Matt Black in Vespa VX with some additional stuff like sporty decals, black alloy wheels etc. This costs 4-5K over the normal edition, so I booked it.

I will start a separate ownership thread.. but now I can say.. YES I DO VESPA
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 15:57   #2874
BHPian

Our Suzuki Access 125 seems to have a rather jumpy ride quality. As much as I appreciate the soft suspension on the scooter at the rear, I'm rather annoyed by how the front almost throws me off balance in potholes and speedbreakers.

I'm not sure why telescopic forks would be so hard and jumpy. Anyone else share this experience?

EDIT: Suggested tire pressure is 18PSI at the front, however, I'm maintaining 25PSI. Could that be the sole reason for the discomfort?

EDIT2: The scooter also suddenly shuts down in traffic randomly. Push start it, and the engine will come to life immediately. Idle engine speed seems OK. What could be going wrong? No performance issues otherwise.

Last edited by hellmet : 8th July 2014 at 16:19.
Old 8th July 2014, 16:04   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Can any one suggest a decent service center around Marathalli for the Access? Last month I had given the scooter to the suzuki service center, except for the cleaning I am not satisfied with the overall condition of the vehicle. It came back a lot more crude than what it went in with, and add to it a bill of almost 1.2k.

Don't want to give there again, but want some other trusted source. There is a Ex-Castrol bike zone near MORE, but that guy is not competent for scooters for sure.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:07   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Our Suzuki Access 125 seems to have a rather jumpy ride quality. As much as I appreciate the soft suspension on the scooter at the rear, I'm rather annoyed by how the front almost throws me off balance in potholes and speedbreakers.

I'm not sure why telescopic forks would be so hard and jumpy. Anyone else share this experience?

EDIT: Suggested tire pressure is 18PSI at the front, however, I'm maintaining 25PSI. Could that be the sole reason for the discomfort?
What is the reason for maintaining such high tyre pressures?

The tyres also aid towards suspension and having correct tyre pressure maximizes optimum ride handling. Having very high pressure will prevent the tyre from absorbing the shocks from the road and will transfer everything to the shock absorbers to do the heavy work. This is not desirable. To have a comfortable ride, the shock absorbers work in tandem with the tyres in absorbing the shocks from the road. I would suggest reducing the pressure and check the ride comfort.

Cheers!

Prajwal
Old 9th July 2014, 14:59   #2877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Booked a Black Matt Vespa VX Exclusivo edition today.
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Did you get to choose the unique number of the vehicle (atleast from the stock with the dealer)?
Old 9th July 2014, 15:00   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Did you get to choose the unique number of the vehicle (atleast from the stock with the dealer)?
I did think of asking the dealer if I can choose a unique number.. I have not asked the dealer yet, will do so.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:47   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I did think of asking the dealer if I can choose a unique number.. I have not asked the dealer yet, will do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Thanks for the tip, I did ask the dealer and managed to get a unique number of my wife's birthdate for the special edition, I am planning this purchase as a surprise for her coming birthday!
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 19:52   #2880
BHPian

TVS Wego Refresh (2014)

This is going to be a short review of TVS Wego Refresh 2014.

I had a splendor bike and wanted to change it to scooter so that both me and wife can use it for running short errands. After deliberations, came up with the requirements

1. Slim profile so it is easy to ride/park in city
2. Easy on maintenance
3. Good riding behaviors
4. Looking for a long haul ownership

In the extended family, we already owned/had old gen activa, new activa, iactiva, ray and access. Thus we had good knowledge on these scooters. Considering these we shortlisted the following two

1. iactiva
2. TVS Wego

And TVS launched the 2014 refresh bang on time, when we hit the road for test rides. Neo motors had only old 2013 TVS Wego for test ride and comparing 2013 and 2014 model, showed us that TVS has updated quiet few features in 2014 wego. In comparison to old model, it had tubeless tyres (tvs make), parking brake, new engine, econometer, digital speedometer, etc. in addition Wego already had telescopic front suspension, Ezee center stand, all metal body and CVT.

We were readily offered test ride. The test ride was OK, the acceleration was good and scooter was able to hold well in the pothole ridden roads.

We already had driven iactiva, and their showroom experience is all known. Considering the hassles one has to face during the ownership and service, we decided to pick TVS Wego.

Booking done and opted for dual tone red-black color, which was not in stock. Neo motors allowed me to perform PDI and choose the vehicle from their stockyard before performing the registration. All formalities were completed on time and vehicle delivered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks