Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 23:45   #2821
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
What would be a reliable way of purchasing a pre-owned vespa and how is their resale value?

Test drove the Vespa S, but the price is pretty steep!
Boss, the Vespa is worth the money, if you think about its heritage both globally and in India, its distinction of styling. If you can i'd urge you to stretch and buy a new one. The matt black Vespa S with red front shocker may well be the coolest thing on the road!

Remember most people keep Vespas for very long, often 'for ever' (as it were'). I certainly will mine.

I've had mine (VX, yellow) for about 8 months: no issues at all, the dealer's good, the service here at least is good. It's well made, and should be reliable and last the distance. And it does have the GO to almost match the SHOW.

Are they still offering the 'first nine services free' scheme?

cheers man
Old 17th June 2014, 10:38   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a TVS Jupiter and am quite satisfied so far. Did a test ride of the Yamaha alpha and this Jupiter back to back and the sheer difference in pick up and ride quality made me go for the latter. Then found out a few other good features. Like pass switch, tubeless tyres, two luggage hooks, very easy to use center stand, 12" wheels, parking brake, inbuilt indicator buzzer and facility for mobile charger.
Paid booking amount of 5K on 5/6 and got delivery on 9/6 after paying balance of 44K OTR.

Done about 100 kms till date and quite happy.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 11:03   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Finally got a TVS Jupiter and am quite satisfied so far. Did a test ride of the Yamaha alpha and this Jupiter back to back and the sheer difference in pick up and ride quality made me go for the latter. Then found out a few other good features. Like pass switch, tubeless tyres, two luggage hooks, very easy to use center stand, 12" wheels, parking brake, inbuilt indicator buzzer and facility for mobile charger.
Paid booking amount of 5K on 5/6 and got delivery on 9/6 after paying balance of 44K OTR.

Congratulations on getting your TVS Jupiter, which colour is it? Have they positioned the Jupiter below the Wego? Because 2 years back when my Dad purchased the Wego it costed INR 56K here in Pune or is it because the Jupiter is locally manufactured (Bangalore) the ex-showroom itself is comparatively low?
Old 17th June 2014, 12:05   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a TVS Jupiter and am quite satisfied so far.
Congrats for your new Jupiter. Any reason you didn't consider the new face-lifted Wego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Have they positioned the Jupiter below the Wego?
Jupiter is cheaper than Wego because of the all metal frame of Wego compared to some fiber parts in Jupiter.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:35   #2825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on getting your TVS Jupiter, which colour is it? Have they positioned the Jupiter below the Wego? Because 2 years back when my Dad purchased the Wego it costed INR 56K here in Pune or is it because the Jupiter is locally manufactured (Bangalore) the ex-showroom itself is comparatively low?
It is manufactured in Hosur so I presume transportation costs are lower. And yes it is cheaper than the Wego. It's red The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_20140617_123000.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Congrats for your new Jupiter. Any reason you didn't consider the new face-lifted Wego?
Jupiter is cheaper than Wego because of the all metal frame of Wego compared to some fiber parts in Jupiter.
The jupiter was a fresher scooter on the wego chassis and thus had better features or so I thought.

Last edited by goandude : 17th June 2014 at 12:36.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 19:02   #2826
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats !!!

Wise Decision.. But, Are you sure it's only 49K OTR in Bangalore. ?

If So, It's Value for Money. Activa is around 65K, and that too with less features, and also you've bear with worst Before & After Sales Service.

Has any one tried contacting Honda Customer Care No. 1800-113434 or 0124-2291000 ? They've displayed these No.s but nobody picks up. Try sending Contact Us Form on the Website - Unsuccessful. I don't know how Honda is surviving with such an attitude. It reminds exactly the same way about 2-3 decades back by Bajaj. But times have changed. No doubt Honda products are reliable but they're expensive and you've to bear with poor service.

I hope Honda realizes, sooner.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:47   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Are you sure it's only 49K OTR in Bangalore. ?
When I inquired a week back, Jupiter's OTR price was around 57K. With standard accessories it was quoted as 60K. However Wego prices were 1K higher than that of Jupiter's owning to metal body.
Old 18th June 2014, 15:27   #2828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats !!!

Wise Decision.. But, Are you sure it's only 49K OTR in Bangalore. ?
By Bad. that should read as 59K on road with minimal accessories and extended warranty. The extended warranty was a mistake so 650/- down the drain.
Old 18th June 2014, 16:54   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
By Bad. that should read as 59K on road with minimal accessories and extended warranty. The extended warranty was a mistake so 650/- down the drain.
Why do you think the Extended Warranty was a Mistake ? Or is it not adequate ?
Old 18th June 2014, 19:10   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Got my Access serviced last week through my neighborhood mechanic.
I had asked him to get the airfilter (Rs.120) and the oil filter (Rs.55). I also got the spark plug changed (just as preventive maintenance)
The airfilter was replaced along with normal servicing. This has helped get rid of the strained sound coming from the engine.
Also picked up a can of Shell AX7 again (the rates have gone up for the new stock).
The oil in the engine seems pretty good after around 2000 KM (3 months).

Now, it is time to change the battery after 3 years and 3 months. Please suggest something which will last another three years.

Last edited by S_U_N : 18th June 2014 at 19:12.
Old 19th June 2014, 08:50   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Now, it is time to change the battery after 3 years and 3 months. Please suggest something which will last another three years.
Amaron is the best choice. Comes with 3 yrs warranty and 2 yr pro warranty. Just check whether the size fits prefectly in the battery slot.
Old 19th June 2014, 10:42   #2832
BHPian

Hi guys Kind of need your help.

I want to buy a gearless scooter. The family wants to explore used Nano offers. They feel its safer than a scooter.

Budget : Available
Primary use : Mainly office commute. Often return at late night (10p.m. ish).

Has anyone had this confusion? What were the parameters considered ? Or chosen just based on whatever felt ok.
Old 19th June 2014, 14:14   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do you think the Extended Warranty was a Mistake ? Or is it not adequate ?
The extended warranty is applicable after the normal warranty expires i.e. 2 years. By that time any manufacturing defect would have emerged. So the company would try to pass off any defect as due to wear and tear and not compensate.
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:46   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Hi guys Kind of need your help.

I want to buy a gearless scooter. The family wants to explore used Nano offers. They feel its safer than a scooter.

Budget : Available
Primary use : Mainly office commute. Often return at late night (10p.m. ish).

Has anyone had this confusion? What were the parameters considered ? Or chosen just based on whatever felt ok.
I feel they are right, especially since you return late, or unless you are a biker at heart, a used Duke 200 would be perfect. Otherwise on a late rainy night, scooter is a no.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:21   #2835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
You can go for the Amaron Pro bike rider 5Ah - should fit in the slot comfortably.

When you open the battery compartment cover please use the star type screwdriver (an odd tool) and ensure that you fix the circulation air intake hose after replacing the battery.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks