Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 23:10   #2776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hi Prajwal,
Its four months since the scoot went for a service and the idling was set by me itself before that time. Though I rode a lot the last two weeks, this happened only twice and the idling is high enough to sustain the engine running without stalling. I think this issue is to do with either the ignition timing or spark plug.

Guess I will replace the spark plug and air filter for now and get a service.
Any suggestion for the spark plug?
Go for the twin spark iredium plug if it is available in your specs, it will work wonders on starting, mileage, pickup.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 19:22   #2777
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
Thank all for comments and suggestions.
I checked with Honda S.S. They dont keep tyres or tubes. They told me to check for MRF tyre and MRF tube which is the only one with Tuff-up.

I may go for CEAT with tube only.
Yesterday replaced both the tyres with CEAT Secura NEO with tube - cost 1300/- per tyre.
Now Enjoying my Activa ride on thane highways with new tyres !

Cheers!
sameervg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 09:56   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
Yesterday replaced both the tyres with CEAT Secura NEO with tube - cost 1300/- per tyre.
Now Enjoying my Activa ride on thane highways with new tyres !

Cheers!
Did you not check on tube less tyres, what is the price for those. I have always been a fan of ceat for my KH, repeatedly changed same pattern of ceat all this time since 2000. But now want to look at tubeless options in ceat.
Old 29th January 2014, 11:23   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Did you not check on tube less tyres, what is the price for those. I have always been a fan of ceat for my KH, repeatedly changed same pattern of ceat all this time since 2000. But now want to look at tubeless options in ceat.
10 inch MRF tubeless tyres cost 1400/- each.
Old 29th January 2014, 11:44   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
10 inch MRF tubeless tyres cost 1400/- each.
Difference was not much, any specific reason why you did not try tubless for your activa. BTW Ceat has tubless in 10inch?
Old 29th January 2014, 12:33   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Difference was not much, any specific reason why you did not try tubless for your activa. BTW Ceat has tubless in 10inch?
Sorry, it was not me who replaced the tyre. And I am not sure about the Ceat tubeless tyre as well. I enquired about it for replacing it on the new Ray which I am getting for my wife. Will be going for the MRF Tubeless right out of the showroom for the Ray.
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:11   #2782
BHPian

Found out. Ceat tubeless is 1250, Dunlop is 1350, MRF is 1450. I suggest try Ceat. I have had very good experience with even their basic tubetype since 2000.
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:37   #2783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Found out. Ceat tubeless is 1250, Dunlop is 1350, MRF is 1450. I suggest try Ceat. I have had very good experience with even their basic tubetype since 2000.
Yes , ceat tyres for scooters are very good grip wise compared to MRF.

But there is this horrible tyre called metro continental which is utterly bad. No grip at all on any surface and deadly on wet and gravel. Beware of these tyres
Old 10th February 2014, 20:14   #2784
BHPian

Ok, First things first! I enquired about OTR price of TVS Wego and Jupiter at Trivandrum. I was told that it is Rs60,243 and 60,190 respectively. I was having some vague impression that I can buy these around 50,000 Rs OTR. I must have been living under the rocks! Now to the main question. I am 5' 11'' and my wife is 5' tall. Is it possible to find a compromise scoot which both of us can use? Daily ride within 10km and occassionally 17 km when I take it to Office. One more thing. My wife has to learn driving on this though she can ride cycle and has excellent cycle balance. Please indicate a good choice(s).
Old 11th February 2014, 10:12   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
------ Is it possible to find a compromise scoot which both of us can use? Daily ride within 10km and occassionally 17 km when I take it to Office. One more thing. My wife has to learn driving on this though she can ride cycle and has excellent cycle balance. Please indicate a good choice(s).
I think the Jupiter is a very mature scooter and should suit both of u well. If ur wife can ride a bicycle, then graduating to a scooter should be a very short learning curve.

Take a test ride of each of them and decide. You shouldn't go wrong much with either of these.

Prajwal
Old 15th February 2014, 12:22   #2786
BHPian

I had purchased TVS Wego in Aug'13 from TVS Matrix in Mira Road. After a long delay, I received the RTO Reg Card (smart card), delivered at my home. While rest of the details are ok in card, what is concerning me is mention of "BSII" for my ride! But I assume most of today's vehicle should atleast be "BSIII".
Can somebody please guide me on this.
Old 15th February 2014, 12:45   #2787
Senior - BHPian

My wifey, met with an accident this Monday on her Dio. The front right section of the Dio was smashed, handle bent by an oncoming bike rider, who chose to run away instead of helping her.

I have been quoted INR 8,000, by the Honda A** to have this fixed. I would be claiming insurance for this and will keep you all posted on how it turns out.
Old 15th February 2014, 14:00   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
My wifey, met with an accident this Monday on her Dio. The front right section of the Dio was smashed, handle bent by an oncoming bike rider, who chose to run away instead of helping her.

I have been quoted INR 8,000, by the Honda A** to have this fixed. I would be claiming insurance for this and will keep you all posted on how it turns out.
Dear Amtak,

Ive recently got a Honda Dio. Please update on the cost and the parts replaced. I stay in South Mumbai and get it serviced at FNG close to Grant Road, Apsara Theatre area. Its sort of a hub for two wheeler parts and repairs. The plastic body makes me reconsider my decision for the Dio. My mechanic was quoting that the entire body costs around INR 12,000. If its true than Honda needs to work on this to keep the brand alive.

Regards,
Kavesh
Old 15th February 2014, 18:44   #2789
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Wego with disc brakes not available? Dealers are not even willing to take orders for disc brake version.
Old 17th February 2014, 18:18   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is the Wego with disc brakes not available? Dealers are not even willing to take orders for disc brake version.
It is available but not all dealers stock it or place an order for it since the asking might be very less. TVS has not even gone ahead with advertising this added safety of the Wego which makes the buyer all the more unaware. Trijal TVS in Whitefield said it is available but no one asks for it. The latest demand is for Jupiter so all the attention is there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed