Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:04   #1981
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Exide Bikerz costed me some 1000 bucks, while Amaron was available for 1150 and Acdelco for 950.
How long did the stock battery last? And what were the symptoms of battery trouble?
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:18   #1982
Senior - BHPian

The Stock Exide lasted me almost 18 months, Common symptoms were Engine dying out in Idle, non working Electric start. Battery could have lasted a bit longer, if Suzu A.S.S guys had honestly checked the battery ( it went dry and died). Its always better to get the battery checked bimonthly ( as suggested by Exide guys).
Old 26th April 2012, 17:16   #1983
BHPian

Vespa has released its new scooter. I called the showroom - only three of them in Bangalore - Hosur road, Banashankari and Rajajnagar.

Here are the details:
- On road price around 75000.
- 5000 to be paid as booking amount and waiting period of 2-3 months
- Only 5 vehicles in showroom (Rajajinagar) and hasve to wait for 3-4 days for test ride.
- Full metal body.

Still have to go and see what makes it so pricey.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:10   #1984
Senior - BHPian

I feel Vespa has got too ambitious and priced it higher than the competition. Agreed that the scooter has the classic looks but for the money concious Indian market Value of Money is what matters. Its a wait n watch for the scooter performance.
Old 27th April 2012, 12:52   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
On road price around 75000.
This scooter costing 75k on road better be more than the 125cc mill scooters that are around in the market. And like ghodlur said, we have to see what makes it so pricey. Vespa better plan properly for their re-entry and not fizz out like how they did earlier.
Old 27th April 2012, 13:21   #1986
Senior - BHPian

They claim it to be for the premium segment and not for the masses. I don't think that is a great idea with scooters. If you want to survive in the Indian 2 wheeler market, there has to be a couple of usual offerings as well.
Old 27th April 2012, 13:53   #1987
Senior - BHPian

And also "Kitna Deti Hai" question will matter a lot and decide the survival of the brand.

Looking at the pricing, is Vespa Planning to target only the urban customers and that too in the Metros? I feel such high prices product will be outrightly rejected by Tier II & III cities, leave apart the rural segment.
Old 27th April 2012, 14:33   #1988
Senior - BHPian

I am also surprised to see price tag,
clearly, its not for masses but classes.
Tomorrow, the vespa plant will be inaugurated here in 12mati, just 3 km away from my factory.
Initial plant capacity is 150k, i think another model will come soon, very soon.
I remember that 3 years back, there was one motorcycle running here in midc area for testing purpose.
Old 27th April 2012, 14:44   #1989
Senior - BHPian

I read the specs of the Vespa at their site, and I was impressed. It looks like it is the most powerful 125cc scoot around, with 10bhp and 10nm. Should be well built and a good handler. Big brakes too. 8L fuel tank is also one of if not the biggest capacity in the segment. But I just don't like the looks. Prefer the Wego looks :P

Maybe just on specs alone it is worth it, but not sure if it is as a package. My 2c
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 14:53   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM
I read the specs of the Vespa at their site, and I was impressed. It looks like it is the most powerful 125cc scoot around, with 10bhp and 10nm. Should be well built and a good handler. Big brakes too. 8L fuel tank is also one of if not the biggest capacity in the segment. But I just don't like the looks. Prefer the Wego looks :P

Maybe just on specs alone it is worth it, but not sure if it is as a package. My 2c
125 cc for 75 k ? No disc brake at the front and no telescopic front suspension.
Adding loads of chrome doesn't make this under specced scooter a premium one.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:01   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Vespa has released its new scooter. I called the showroom - only three of them in Bangalore - Hosur road, Banashankari and Rajajnagar.

Here are the details:
- On road price around 75000.
- 5000 to be paid as booking amount and waiting period of 2-3 months
- Only 5 vehicles in showroom (Rajajinagar) and hasve to wait for 3-4 days for test ride.
- Full metal body.

Still have to go and see what makes it so pricey.
The initial impressions itself are not positive, for a scooter which is supposed on sell as a premium product, the experience seems to be worse than that of Honda dealers. Waiting period ?!?! What a joke, how can it be so before product launch ?

It is also not offering any advantages compared to the other scooters in the market. The Aviator is better equipped and cheaper as well.

I guess the only USP of this product is the retro styling !
Old 1st May 2012, 08:23   #1992
BHPian

Anyone here who has purchased the Suzuki Swish? Any first-hand experience?
Old 1st May 2012, 10:58   #1993
BHPian

Well there is another good looking entrant. Hero maestro. Saw it yesterday, any updates on this new one. Mumbai market is the worst when it comes to two wheelers, penetration takes time. What about the other markets.
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:29   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Anyone here who has purchased the Suzuki Swish? Any first-hand experience?
Swish is nothing but re badged Access, there is nothing different from Access as far as technical specs are concerned. I guess only the body graphics are new.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:22   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Swish is nothing but re badged Access, there is nothing different from Access as far as technical specs are concerned. I guess only the body graphics are new.
Saw a Red Swish on road. It looks much better than Access at least on the looks front though the tech specs are the same. It is not as rotund as the Access and looks better from up front.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks