Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2004, 20:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,

just read yesterday that yamaha motors will stop manufacturing the rajdoot motorcyles from financial year 2005. the reasons are that due to stricter emission norms the rajdoot would not be able to comply .

also it said that it was a big hit in the north part of india , pecially in states of up, bihar,jhakhand. and they were managing to sell decent numbers.

if this happens the one feature that i will miss the most , is the exhaust note . it was an original at that time going " phat phat phat" . i really used to freak out on that sound.

definitely its like saying goodbye to the maruti 800 of the motorcycles.

i'll surely miss you rajdoot.

cheers
Old 1st April 2005, 02:51   #2
BHPian

sure the rajdoot was a sexy bike...it was really rugged.........
Old 4th December 2009, 13:09   #3
BHPian

Sorry for revoking an old thread. Posting picture of my dad's Rajdoot, could find only one photo. It is an 1983 June model, still in excellent condition. He has modified its chassis to have the telescopic shocks. Still in running condition, except for the battery, he is using once in a month or so. 26 years the bike lived with us and stood beside with us through all good and bad. It had an original Cherry red color, came with beautiful tank cover, two side boxes, very good electricals. None failed till date, except for the bulbs. Will post some more old and new photos during the next visit to India. Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
End of an Era ?-dsc08509.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 14:06   #4
BHPian

What a beauty!!! Glomus,your dad seems to be a bike lover,hence the condition. I have always wanted to ride this bike,but till date havent got the opportunity to do so.Maybe some day...
Old 4th December 2009, 14:24   #5
BANNED

My grandfather has one its 1968 or 69 model, looks typical BMW due to its handle bar and headlamp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks