Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2024, 17:54   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Axor (Vega) website item, damaged in shipping, customer care sketchy

Hey everyone,

I have an Axor Apex helmet. This is actually my second Axor Apex helmet (I had another for 4 years). This one is only about 5 months old and has already gotten marks for some reason. I tried to claim warranty, but it was of no use, so I decided to purchase a replacement which cost around Rs 750.

This is my first time buying a replacement pinlock insert separately (I had previously ordered the whole visor with the insert for my previous helmet), so I didn’t know what to expect with the packaging.

The package arrived in an envelope (similar to what you get papers in) and was a bit bent. I didn’t think much of it and opened it to find that the item’s packaging was also paper with no structural support—no bubble wrap, no hard boxes, nothing. Just paper and plastic packaging.

When I opened it, the pinlock insert was also bent, with the crease clearly visible. I could probably install it, but it would still have that mark, which is unacceptable considering I paid for something new.

Axor (Vega) website item, damaged in shipping, customer care sketchy-img_20240903_163248.jpg
Axor (Vega) website item, damaged in shipping, customer care sketchy-img_20240903_163244.jpg
Axor (Vega) website item, damaged in shipping, customer care sketchy-img_20240903_162947.jpg

First of all, it’s frustrating to see a brand send a fragile item without any support while packaging. I can't even fault the courier company here.

Secondly, and even more frustrating, customer support has been of no help so far. They kept insisting on a "valid" unboxing video after I sent them a video explaining everything along with photos.

After some back and forth, I pointed out that their return/cancellation policy does not mention that an unboxing video is required. After this, they escalated the issue to another team but I am unsure what to expect.

I make 50 eCom orders every month, so I think it’s fair that I didn’t make a video of a Rs 750 product, especially when purchasing from a proper company and not a small shop that also ships online.

With this brand being this cheap with a Rs 750 product, I don’t even know what to say. Can I do anything else if they refuse to refund or replace?

Last edited by nr07 : 3rd September 2024 at 17:55.
nr07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 19:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Axor (Vega) website item, damaged in shipping, customer care sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr07 View Post
When I opened it, the pinlock insert was also bent, with the crease clearly visible. I could probably install it, but it would still have that mark, which is unacceptable considering I paid for something new.
Even if you manage to straighten that out, it is never going to achieve a perfect seal against the visor and that defeats the purpose of a pin-lock. They should replace the item.
b16h22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 19:55   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr07 View Post
They kept insisting on a "valid" unboxing video after I sent them a video explaining everything along with photos.

After some back and forth, I pointed out that their return/cancellation policy does not mention that an unboxing video is required.
Its ridiculous that they treated you as a scammer by demanding an unboxing video (as if it's the duty of every ecomm consumer to record every unboxing), when clearly the problem here was improper packaging. Turn the tables and ask them for a boxing video where the video clearly shows a new, undamaged, unblemished item being packed; as well as a video of their courier delivering an undamaged/unfolded envelope to you.
bravo6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 10:06   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Even if you manage to straighten that out, it is never going to achieve a perfect seal against the visor and that defeats the purpose of a pin-lock. They should replace the item.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post
Its ridiculous that they treated you as a scammer by demanding an unboxing video (as if it's the duty of every ecomm consumer to record every unboxing), when clearly the problem here was improper packaging. Turn the tables and ask them for a boxing video where the video clearly shows a new, undamaged, unblemished item being packed; as well as a video of their courier delivering an undamaged/unfolded envelope to you.

Hilarious to see that they are this petty over a 750rs product. I would understand if it was a small brick and mortar store but big brands shouldn't be doing this. Shameful honestly. Even if they send a replacement, I am sure the packaging will be the same and any small bend would damage the item again.
nr07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks