Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2024, 14:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Review | The almighty conundrum, solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_rider View Post
Congratulations on your new bike, mate. Happy and safe revving. I owned R15 V3 a year ago, it was a real machine and enjoyed a lot. I had to sell it due to personal reasons. Now, I’m just reading bike reviews and daydreaming. I’m mostly on the same mindset as yours when it comes to the section of the bike. I will soon create an opportunity to own R3. Thanks for the detailed post.

Cheers!
Thanks for your wishes bruv. The R15 V3 has the best front end design in my opinion. Also its quite a beast! Look forward to see another R3 owner here soon. Best of luck
Old 4th September 2024, 18:42   #17

Good choice mate
Once you go Blue you will realize what refinement means.

Even with a bike hardly updated in 9 years, it still is class leading.

Make the most of your bike and put some miles on it - all your troubles will be forgotten.

The bike is happiest on the racetrack and twisties - go off to Dhimbam ghats or Ooty once, come off to MMRT once and do a trackday at my favorite track school (Indimotard) when you can
rep_movsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 21:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Max View Post
Hey man, thank you for your wishes. Remember to just say your prayers and hang in there. All your difficult times shall vanish! The RS457 is a real beast and by the time you buy, you will have more user data to consider if its just good or simply awesome!
Kindly suggest good riding gears, helmet and gloves (all put together 10-15k) if you can. Would like to invest in them seriously.
Honestly I am really new to this and I would suggest you to refer the Riding gear and Helmets thread separately. I can give you a suggestion of increasing the budget and not compromising on the safety though. A good helmet would cost you upwards of 7-8k, gloves around 3-4k. Get a riding jacket along with. Pants and shoes you'll have to get separately as it wouldn't be a good decision to accommodate them in this budget.
chiefpk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 00:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep_movsd View Post

Make the most of your bike and put some miles on it - all your troubles will be forgotten.

The bike is happiest on the racetrack and twisties - go off to Dhimbam ghats or Ooty once, come off to MMRT once and do a trackday at my favorite track school (Indimotard) when you can
Got the bike to forget everything toxic in my life man. I'm so eager to try the route you suggested and the track day activity. Thanks a ton. Pls suggest more routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Honestly I am really new to this and I would suggest you to refer the Riding gear and Helmets thread separately. I can give you a suggestion of increasing the budget and not compromising on the safety though. A good helmet would cost you upwards of 7-8k, gloves around 3-4k. Get a riding jacket along with. Pants and shoes you'll have to get separately as it wouldn't be a good decision to accommodate them in this budget.
Thank you chief. Will look into that section of tbhp. Planning to check out Rynox and Yamaha apparel. Lets see. All I know is I'm miles off the basic knowledge required to know what's good in safety gear...like the fabric quality, the certification grades etc...
Old 6th September 2024, 10:06   #20

Quote:
Got the bike to forget everything toxic in my life man. I'm so eager to try the route you suggested and the track day activity. Thanks a ton. Pls suggest more routes
I'm from Bangalore - Since I got R3 I have done the following rides/events ( some are high budget, but worth it)

1) California Superbike School at MMRT (this will probably happen in February 2025)
2) 3 track days at MMRT with TWO riding school (always rode bike to and fro from Chennai)
3) BR hills
4) Yerkaud
5) Mangalore, Gokarna
6) Puducherry
7) Bandipur, Ooty, Conoor, Satyamangalam
8) Kolli hills

Has always been a fantastic steed! Joy to ride always
rep_movsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 22:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:

1) California Superbike School at MMRT (this will probably happen in February 2025)
2) 3 track days at MMRT with TWO riding school (always rode bike to and fro from Chennai)
3) BR hills
4) Yerkaud
5) Mangalore, Gokarna
6) Puducherry
7) Bandipur, Ooty, Conoor, Satyamangalam
8) Kolli hills

Has always been a fantastic steed! Joy to ride always
Oooh nice! I'm absolutely ticking all these boxes . Cant wait. Thanks for suggesting locations. If there is any specific route to take up to these locations, kindly suggest that as well whenever you find time. Once again, thanks a lot.
Old 10th September 2024, 13:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Continuing from where I left:
Excellent write-up. I can see why this was heart over head purchase. Yamaha has neglected R3 in recent years with such step motherly treatment. R3 is in need of a generational update with beefy USD, better and wider tyres, engine upgrade with more oomph, TFT panel, delta box frame with aluminium Swing arm and completely new look. Having said that, there's nothing to complaint about the current bike as well, it's just that there's nothing to excite as such. Maybe that's it's USP. Subtle, Jack of all trade, Master of none. Some riders dig that. I have had pleasure of riding it multiple times courstey of Pune riders group.

Few things I would recommend though are getting a Screen guard for LCD display ASAP as service centres are notorious for scratching them. Display has plastic cover hence even though it won't break but it gets scratchy very easily and replacement won't be cheap. Also get the Tank pad set right away with thigh grips. It comes as a set. It protects the tank from scratches and provides a grip so that you can hold onto the tank while doing high speed sprints.

Whenever you are changing chain sprocket set, get the Rolon Brass kit which shall reduce chain noise to great extent and looks great too. Brakepad also consider aftermarket. Ceramics are great. Even brembo ones are not that costly. R3 is aftermarket paradise ,you just have to import most of the cool stuff from South East Asian countries.

Last edited by Flyingdutchman : 10th September 2024 at 13:33.
Flyingdutchman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 18:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdutchman View Post

Few things I would recommend though are getting a Screen guard for LCD display ASAP as service centres are notorious for scratching them. Display has plastic cover hence even though it won't break but it gets scratchy very easily and replacement won't be cheap. Also get the Tank pad set right away with thigh grips. It comes as a set. It protects the tank from scratches and provides a grip so that you can hold onto the tank while doing high speed sprints.

Whenever you are changing chain sprocket set, get the Rolon Brass kit which shall reduce chain noise to great extent and looks great too. Brakepad also consider aftermarket. Ceramics are great. Even brembo ones are not that costly. R3 is aftermarket paradise ,you just have to import most of the cool stuff from South East Asian countries.
First of all, thanks a ton for your kind words. Damn right you are about the jack of all trades bit. Thats why I also mentioned that it finishes 2nd in everything you throw at it.

Regarding LCD screen protector, yes I have planned that and need to get it soon from UKalong with radiator guard and downpipe guard. Dont know of any credible cost effective India vendors who can get it. If you know any, pls suggest.

The stock sprockets and front brakes cost 6000 & 3000 respectively. Chain noise is indeed a feature. Have crossed 650 and it IS noisy. Not annoyingly though. Once again you're right about SE asia being an R3 heaven. Already found an Indonesian co. and a Thailand co. that offer crazy mods, kits and accessories for the R3.
Old 22nd September 2024, 10:45   #24

Quote:
8) Kolli hills
I own a 2016 R3, please do let me know the travel plan for Kolli hills, if you don't have a problem, I would be interested to tag along.

I am from Chennai and my native is Salem, I can join with you from Salem.
Old 23rd September 2024, 14:39   #25

Quote:
Oooh nice! I'm absolutely ticking all these boxes . Cant wait. Thanks for suggesting locations. If there is any specific route to take up to these locations, kindly suggest that as well whenever you find time. Once again, thanks a lot.
No need to stress too much about routes

For west coast go either from Sakleshpur or from Agumbe route. For Anywhere towards Hosur from Bangalore, try the Berigai road, lovely curved village road

Also the Chandapura to Harohalli road via Jigani is very nice

Find a good set of guys to ride with

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd September 2024 at 14:52.
rep_movsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2024, 11:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
No need to stress too much about routes

For west coast go either from Sakleshpur or from Agumbe route. For Anywhere towards Hosur from Bangalore, try the Berigai road, lovely curved village road

Also the Chandapura to Harohalli road via Jigani is very nice

Find a good set of guys to ride with
Roger! Have actually planned a Theni-Munnar trip next month. Eager to try the west coast routes. I fact I wanna do a Madras-Mangalore sprint, just to chase the sun - Sunrise to Sunset! Hectic and fun I bet!

Btw, I guess you referring to Sakleshpura of KA. In TN, there is a location by the name Sakleshpur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks