Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2024, 19:26   #16

re: Scooter recommendation for a guy transitioning from a motorcycle

I understand from your requirement, you are looking at ICE Scooter.

I have experience with Jupiter 110, Jupiter 125, Activa, and my relative has Suzuki Access.

If sportiness is what you look at, go with NTorq Race XP, for below reasons :-
- 12 inch tyres, wide and soft compound ones.
- Good 125CC Engine, 3V.
- That Exhaust is quite sporty, and good to hear.
- reliable, the + in TVS Scooters is that they don't dance during pick-up like Hondas (The dryness of clutch - I had this issue also in PCX-125)

Suzuki engines are also good, smooth and powerful, but the soul is in NTorq.

Journey from a Bike (Yamaha FZS) to scooter, NTorq only would be able to do justice.

Not commenting on Yamaha Aerox, as that is more of a bike (Utilitywise). If the Utility of scooter (Luggage carrying) is not required, then Yamaha Aerox is the one to go for.

I had selected Jupiter 125 for my wifey, as a natural upgrade from Jupiter 110, the Large Footboard / the Petrol Tank at front and Petrol Tank in Footboard / the large 12 inch wheels on both ends / Large boot / TVS reliability)

Last edited by Uncia6276 : 6th August 2024 at 19:34.
Uncia6276 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 14:01   #17
BHPian

Re: Scooter recommendation for a guy transitioning from a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
Hi All,
I am in the market for scooter, I have ridden almost only bikes in the past 20 years. My cumulative ride on scooter will not be more than some 20km, Since we got a 4 wheeler for office and other family rides, the 2 wheeler usage came down to nearly 4-5 kms per day, Mainly for running shopping and other local errands.
My current bike is yamaha FZ-S, which started giving lot of problems, So decided to shift to a Scooter.
Jupyter due to ride position. But after seeing a couple of comparison videos where they claim Jupiter is long and broad seat which will suit for tall people got confused.

Contemplating Aprilia also for ABS, but with my low usage not sure should I spend that much money.
Hi Sram,

With the choices you have enlisted Access would have been my top choice but for all the quality issues that are now present. I've personally owned and maintained 3 generations of the access (2007, 2016 and 2023) and very confidently i can say that the 2023 model is the worse quality ever, the ride is smooth but the quality is downright bad(applies to the Burgman as welll)
Have you considered the Honda Activa or Dio ?
Since your running is low would an EV(okinawa/icube/similar ones) not suit you ?
Or even a second hand scooter from Beepkart/any other online Market place ... would save you some money too...Good Luck !!
tc89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 15:29   #18
BHPian

Re: Scooter recommendation for a guy transitioning from a motorcycle

Ntorq is the most powerful and surefooted. Burgman is the most spacious. Ride these two back to back and see what suits you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks