Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:19   #1
BHPian

Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months

I am seeking advice and assistance regarding a recent fine of 7000Rs that was posted on my two-wheeler, the fine was issued on 27th June 2024 at 6:58 PM.

The offences claimed in the fine contains triple riding, disobeyance of officer, pillion without helmet, using phone while driving to name a few.

Here are the details of the situation:
  • My vehicle has not been used for the past few weeks (almost 1-1.5 months now) and has been parked at my residence during this period.
  • I have raised a grievance on both the Vahan site and the Tamil Nadu Police website and am currently awaiting a response.
  • I also raised this issue with the SIPCOT LTS police station, which issued the fine. Unfortunately, the officers there refused to accept my complaint or provide any resolution.
  • My bike is driven only by me, I do not share the keys with anyone, and I am sure that I have not committed any of the offences that was raised.
  • No one is taking ownership of this and trying to help.
  • I am not able to use my scooter because, any police officer can stop me and detain me/my vehicle for offences that I have not committed.

I had been in my native for the last few weeks and haven't been able to personally visit police station after my initial visit. I have sent an email to Hosur SP, Krishnagiri SP and made numerous follow ups - but in vain.

Given the circumstances, I am looking for guidance on the next steps I should take.
Has anyone faced a similar situation? Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by psmenon : 22nd July 2024 at 20:35. Reason: Added more points.
psmenon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:49   #2
BHPian

re: Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months

Reach out to the Bengaluru Traffic Police on their facebook page (messenger). Mention the issue. I have had similar situation where a different vehicle's violation was tagged to my car. The last digits on the car were same as mine but it was a different alphabet, It was a data entry error. Typically the violation notice comes with a picture of the violation as well.

They are very friendly and quick to respond. They verified the vehicle make model of my number plate and the vehicle in the picture and reversed by fine.

Last edited by HillMan : 22nd July 2024 at 20:51.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:53   #3
BHPian

re: Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months

Strange. Could it be a case of someone else faking the Same Registration Numbers on a their/stolen vehicle?

Were the challans issued within one particular locality? Contact one of the nearest traffic police station to bring your case to their notice, if the challans recorded fall within different Traffic PS.

Hyderabad Traffic police shares an image of the vehicle online when they issue a challan and even send a copy home, if i remember correctly. Makes it easy for the individual or Government in a situation like this to argue their case, as it records the time, date and location.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 00:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Reach out to the Bengaluru Traffic Police on their facebook page (messenger)
The OP mentions that the fines have been issued by TN police in Sipcot Traffic Police Jurisdiction in Hosur not Bangalore Traffic Police.
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 07:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
The OP mentions that the fines have been issued by TN police in Sipcot Traffic Police Jurisdiction in Hosur not Bangalore Traffic Police.
Yeah, i wrote too soon. Just looked at OP's location and fine. But, if you are in Bengaluru, facebook is the best approach. Only messenger is enabled on their page and they reply to the messages individually..
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 07:59   #6
BHPian

Re: Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months

In Tamilnadu, you need to make repeated visits to get things done. The person who we should approach to appeal a fine won't be available all the time. They'll try to avoid you at all costs. But since the fine is high, you should make the effort and get it rectified.

Which vehicle is shown in the challan? The photo could help prove your case.
Old 23rd July 2024, 13:27   #7
BHPian

Re: Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Strange. Could it be a case of someone else faking the Same Registration Numbers on a their/stolen vehicle?

Were the challans issued within one particular locality? Contact one of the nearest traffic police station to bring your case to their notice, if the challans recorded fall within different Traffic PS.

Hyderabad Traffic police shares an image of the vehicle online when they issue a challan and even send a copy home, if i remember correctly. Makes it easy for the individual or Government in a situation like this to argue their case, as it records the time, date and location.
I did inform the officers on the same, but they weren't really bothered about it and was taking things very lightly. I am back in town and planning to visit SP office and submit a complaint.
Old 23rd July 2024, 13:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePull View Post
In Tamilnadu, you need to make repeated visits to get things done. The person who we should approach to appeal a fine won't be available all the time. They'll try to avoid you at all costs. But since the fine is high, you should make the effort and get it rectified.

Which vehicle is shown in the challan? The photo could help prove your case.
No photo, I assume that this was a case of police going with some random numbers and issuing challans to meet their targets (a police officer was mentioning this very jovially).
Attached Thumbnails
Fine issued against my Aerox even though the scooter hasn't been used for months-screenshot-20240723-132853.png  

Old 23rd July 2024, 13:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
No photo, I assume that this was a case of police going with some random numbers and issuing challans to meet their targets (a police officer was mentioning this very jovially).
This is bad, probably they did this to meet targets. There was an incident earlier, where a Indica was challaned for not wearing helmet and it grabbed media attention. There was a Facebook page by Chennai police or TN police, I don't recall correctly as I'm not on it anymore. Try contacting them, you might know who to approach as escalation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks