Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 18:52   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Do any adventure bikes allow the handlebar to be lowered or moved away from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
If you move the handlebar away from the rider, that is, in the opposite direction to what I have done in the post above, this should make you lean forward and take the pressure away from your tailbone.

Technically, higher and away should be fine when I picture the scenario but we won’t know for sure till you try it.

In case you do try it please pen down your experience here.

Cheers
Welp, sure but I am hoping the bike works for me without needing to go through this. Fingers crossed. Thing is also expensive.
Old 20th July 2024, 19:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do any adventure bikes allow the handlebar to be lowered or moved away from you?

The Himalayan allows for the handlebar to me moved away from you by reversing the clamp. Right now I have done a small move/shift forward, but next time I shall reverse it and install. Himalayan ride quality is plush due to the SHOWA suspension, plus you get to upgrade to a comfortable seat paying Rs 10,000.

Last edited by Sebring : 20th July 2024 at 19:30.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 19:47   #18
BHPian

I've only used an OEM riser that simply extends the handlebar mounting points. So I don't know about the magnitude of effect of weight difference on the front forks and tyre by changing the angle. This is why, in my first post, I included rotating the handlebar back towards the rider and downwards, to stay in line with the stock setup.

Question to Cyborg & Sebring:
Did you feel any difference in the suspension, steering response, etc. after changing the angle, how you've each pictured/described it?

I understand that rake angle is not changed; just curious about the effect of weight. Kindly let me know. Thanks!
BullettuPaandi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 20:28   #19
BHPian

You can get a custom triple clamp made. Custom triple clamp are very common in dirt bikes abroad. Here JC moto(no affiliation) makes one for xpulse, you might be able to get one custom made for you. This option is gonna be costly but negligible if it allows you to continue to ride. https://www.jcmoto.in/product-page/h...-clamp-t-plate
ambarkhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:57   #20

I love the new Guerrilla 450, it feels and looks a bit more sophisticated than Triumph. Kind of Iron 883 vibes. If I was in the market i would not have ruled it out. Those electric blue alloys are pure beauty.

Most Viewed