Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 14:35   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post

Hope you find a great bike and wish you happy and safe riding!
I agree with you on learning to ride better, especially in India where most of our traffic is pretty chaotic. Thanks for the suggestions I will read those books and practice maneuvers in safe condition as well. And I have booked my first bike, many people might not think it's a great decision but I have booked a Triumph Trident 660 (yes it wasn't in my original list) I went to the dealership heard it and know how it feels now, it was an instant yes from my end. No matter how many videos I watch, getting a test ride and choosing is better. So I chose the Trident. I have already purchased all the safety gear like shoes, riding jacket, gloves and a nice helmet. Appreciate all the feedback and I am now quite happy with my choice and bike delivery is within 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R15M_Rider View Post
Hi,

Having gone through your post, I think it is best if you would take out two things out of the equation - the amount of cc and the amount of power a bike has. !
Thanks for your reply, I also like the R15 it's a well-engineered machine. Onto the decision I have booked the Triumph Trident 660, I went to the dealership and checked out the bike myself and only then made the decision to buy it. It's delivering in 2 days and I will keep all the safety instructions in check. I will be moving cities so I might take the track classes in BIC as well. I am grateful I got to choose this as my first bike. The power delivery and brakes and riding posture etc everything is in check and I hope it will be a great riding journey moving forward. Thanks again for your advice.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th July 2024 at 15:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged, tried quoted posts. Grammar.
AkhilAftab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 04:07   #32

Re: From the Ducati Monster to ZX4RR, why choosing my first motorcycle has been a difficult affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
This whole bike buying advice thing gets you everything from a kite to a spaceship kind of recommendations depending on the age group and riding years under the butt of the person sharing his view right? . Can be a bit overwhelming and confusing am sure.

Plus it does get a bit too philosophical when it comes from those who have lived enough years and probably crashed a few times to live and share their feedback. Am going to add one more to that along with what Neil and Bulletpandi have shared.
Absolutely appreciate your reply, I am happy to say that I have booked Triumph Trident 660 it will be delivering in a day or two now. I went to showroom and checked the bike myself. I also bought proper riding boots, pants as well so now I have full gear. I am type of person who doesn't even speeds much, I know many on the thread know that I am 21 and are advising according as ofcourse at this age it's easy to let go and give into speed and rush. I believe in returning home in one piece mentality and most definitely not eager to find the top speed anytime soon if at all on the Trident. It has good riding position for my inexperienced self and it's one of the most compact 650/660 cc bike. Heated grips was such a good addon, here weather gets really cold during winters. Under lower revs it's a calm bike, I am moving cities and probably will do a 600km ride in a few months and I wanted a buzz free bike which I can easily ride in a gear higher. I don't like loud exhaust and am not planning to add anything aftermarket. I am happy with my division and appreciate all your words, this young bloke is about to start riding! Wish me luch and happy riding!

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st July 2024 at 06:34. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post to the relevant portions for better readability
AkhilAftab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 13:17   #33
BHPian

Re: From the Ducati Monster to ZX4RR, why choosing my first motorcycle has been a difficult affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkhilAftab View Post
this young bloke is about to start riding! Wish me luch and happy riding!
All the very best, fellow rider! You can post your reviews, travelogues and pretty much anything about your ride here, in the respective sub-forums. Looking forward to read about your experience.

Wishing you pleasant and blissful rides ahead!
BullettuPaandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 19:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkhilAftab View Post
Absolutely appreciate your reply, I am happy to say that I have booked Triumph Trident 660 it will be delivering in a day or two now.
Congratulations! Happy riding!
Do keep us posted on your ownership experience.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 20:25   #35
BHPian

Test ride or borrow bigger bikes like yesteryear's triumph Thunderbird or ZX14R, not sure how easy Rocket 3 is ... the heavy ones on heavy traffic, winding roads and u-turns (try very slow and very fast). You won't need it even for half a day. After that you will feel Trident or any small cc is so easy to control. Happy riding and congratulations

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th August 2024 at 20:54. Reason: Minor type and caps where needed.
subincb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 23:08   #36
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I ride fairly responsibly now but I was slightly aggressive when I started out (not chapri riding however). I am absolutely glad that I didn't have a high performance motorcycle when I started as I think I would have got killed. If you are from India, I would highly recommend you to not start with anything with more than 25BHP.
nr07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks