Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2024, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Ola Electric to launch its first motorcycle in FY2026

I would have reserved the base variant of the Roadster X model even with all the issues with Ola and their service centres. Bikes look decent - nowhere as good as the ultraviolet. The specifications for Roadster X and Roadster look to be reasonable and realistic compared to pro variant 😅
They haven't mentioned the weight and seat height anywhere. If both figures are lower than their scooters then I'm happy.
Old 16th August 2024, 16:24   #32
BHPian

From my view, it's safe to say the EV two wheeler segment would be the most happening in the next few years and with a disruptive mindset like the OLA, everyone else have to take note and get back to their design boards.
I won't get into their shown bikes because they are years due and the reliability is a huge factor, but if they (by any degree) have learnt anything from the scooters; it's going to be a disrupted, spoilt-for-choice 2W EV market soon.
The other thing I liked is them building their own batteries with a vision to go beyond automobiles - that's again disruptive and the 'batteries sourced from elsewhere' can finally be countered.
Majorly women workforce at the Gigafactory and the way the infrastructure is being spruced up (on the path of making it completely solar energy based) is another thing I appreciate them for (credits where due).

Aside, have an OLA S1 Pro at the house ridden by my brother and it's 2.5 years now. Can't forget the enthusiasm we had when this was home delivered at midnight unloaded from a trailer on our narrow street. Equally enough can't forget the fact that in the next one month, the scooter had to be towed twice.
Cut to present, my brother has forgotten how a petrol bunk looks like. Period!
Buzzard_storme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 17:59   #33
BHPian

Kudos to Ola for democratizing the 2W EV motorcycle segment as it is shocking to see no initiative from incumbents apart from that CNG monstrosity recently launched.

However execution has been a concern with Ola so if they get that right, they can truly disrupt the market.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 05:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbro View Post
There is a stark similarity between Bhavish Aggarwal and Elon Musk and their respective companies, i.e., Ola Electric and Tesla operate.
I am sorry but i dont see any similarity whatsoever. Tesla is a clean energy technology company, not just a car company, while Ola claim to fame is a 2 wheeler, the technology for which they bought from a European company and still cannot get it right. Tesla is the only new mass market car company from US to have survived in the last 100 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbro View Post
Take the example of Ola Scooter, a bike with any Tesla car, the Cybertruck being the latest. The trend is extremely similar.
The genius of Cybertruck is not its design, the genius is in design + manufacturing + materials and build taken all together. Take either of these out and it would not have seen the light of the day. It debuted a number of first for an automobile meaning they could not have just gone to an existing OEM and asked for the machines to build the thing. They had to invent the machine that builds the machine.

I see no novel construction in the bikes displayed here, not even some novel suspension technology. Just regular bikes, parts of which are designed by a ruler to cache in on the cybertruck hype, running on batteries instead of an ice engine. We dont even know if they actually work or just prototypes.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 09:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead

Came across these on Instagram!

Ola Electric to launch its first motorcycle in FY2026-whatsapp-image-20240817-07.44.58.jpeg

Ola Electric to launch its first motorcycle in FY2026-whatsapp-image-20240817-07.44.59.jpeg
blackwasp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:10   #36
BHPian

Guys, tell me one thing very honestly.. For a minute, forget the atrocities that existing Ola customers are facing.

And, focus on this:- 579 kms range, 194 kmph top end, a 0-60 faster than Duke 390, twin disc brakes up front, high spec tyres, all this in Rs. 2.5L!
Am I reading this right as a 38 yr. old man?

Are dreams coming true?

When did you last see a bike capable of touching almost 200 kmph, get launched in 2.5 Lakhs?
Come on, just ignore inflation and give me a reference from older time?

I'll tell you, it was a BMW Funduro or something, a 650cc bike's stress sale of unsold inventory at 2L each, during the 2000's or 90's I think.

Its simply a mission impossible.

And if you want to know what I'm suspecting, well, @Sk8r has clarified it in his post:->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
They’re a public listed company is what is happening.

This gives them the platform to draw up “potential” ( in bigger and bolder font if possible ) uptick in revenue in upcoming investor meetings seeking inflow of funds while the stock market does the rest.

Wait for a couple of years before a TVS / Hero / Bajaj takes over at an inflated price and Mr. Agarwal can take all the gunny bags of monies.
Well said. I'm glad someone said it.

Book building process means the company gets, including the premium, the highest possible amount that can be raised from the market.

Later if they say, ok, let's make it 5.5L adjusting for inflation during the 2 years we delayed it, and/or 579 kms range is impractical, let's do 200 instead, and 70 bhp is too high, let's do 40... What resolutions will we have as customers or IPO investors?
Samarth 619 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks