Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which after-market exhaust do you recommend for the Interceptor 650?
AEW 9 47.37%
Gursewak 1 5.26%
Moto Torque 0 0%
Motowings 0 0%
Offtrails 1 5.26%
Powerage 7 36.84%
Red Rooster 1 5.26%
S&S Cycle 0 0%
SS Moto 1 5.26%
Way2Speed 0 0%
Other (reply in post) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
Could you care to explain why you would never use Red Roosters?
I’ve already mentioned why a few posts up. But tbh, it’s subjective. Some might like a cop magnet that sounds harsh and unmelodious. I do not. And I don’t like the finish of the RRPs either.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 13:04   #32
BHPian

Re: Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW

May i suggest you to check out Atom by Barrel exhausts. Its stubby and full SS. Its just open end can and boy it sounds like you don't have the end can at all.
At idle its just like stock with slight more pronounced note which increases with rpm and above 3500 RPM / 100 KMPH you can't bear it but with baffle its just like stock infact even milder. I have been using it since last 2 years and put on baffles before going for long rides.
Like others have mentioned this one also gives aural pleasure read mild pops and crackles with accelerator eased.
In my opinion none of the youtube videos can do justice to the sound of this one and you should look for someone who possess this mean combo of atom + RE twin. If you are in NCR especially noida please be my guest.

Here is my janeman:
Attached Thumbnails
Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW-pxl_20231202_061248645.portrait.jpg  

FlankerH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 16:44   #33

I have been using Powerage Shorty Chrome since last year, and I can happily say that it has changed the bike's character drastically. First they look seemless and elegant. Second they are quite lightweight. Third the motorcycle runs a lot cooler, and lastly the sound. Beautiful drums of heaven once you go past 3500 RPM, with the baffles on. What a soundtrack with just two cylinders! Below that it sounds like stock.

The lower end is still strong and the bike does not hesitate to keep pushing further. I must add that I have also installed Sprint air filter which helps the bike breathe better and requires less maintenance and does not need oil and recharge kit like some other brands, such as K&N, of which I used to he a huge fan until I found Sprint for my Azula. I also think there is absolutely no difference between Powerage and Enfield Precision exhaust, as seen on Hitchcock motorcycle videos. To be honest, that's where I had the itch to get them and I ended up landing with Powerage. If someone Googles Enfield Precision, the results show Powerage!?! What's going on here really, could it be that they are both Made in India? One for us lot and the other for EU.
Attached Thumbnails
Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW-img20240623wa0036.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th June 2024 at 10:41. Reason: Please avoid non-Team-BHP smileys, as those don't always display correctly. Thanks :)
Chacsf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 18:14   #34

I have been using Powerage short-type (brushed finish) exhausts for a few months now, and I am more than happy with the way they sound and how the bike feels while riding. My main goals were to get an exhaust that doesn't heat up like the stock ones, an exhaust that doesn't attract cops' attention, and some weight reduction. Under 3500 RPM, the sound is a little louder than the stock ones, but after 4000 RPM, the sound comes alive and is glorious (more like a rumble). There are occasional pops and crackles when the throttle is off.

Attached Thumbnails
Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW-img_7287.jpg  

Which after-market exhaust for Interceptor 650? Red Rooster vs. Powerage vs. AEW-img_7290-resize.jpg  

TechyUnicorn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 16:33   #35
BHPian

Have shortlisted AEW 103 and Powerage long barrel. Is there anywhere in Bangalore where one can test the sound of these before finalizing?
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 10:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Have shortlisted AEW 103 and Powerage long barrel. Is there anywhere in Bangalore where one can test the sound of these before finalizing?
Unless someone in your circle of friends has the exhaust installed, there is no way for you to know how it sounds. Trust me, these exhausts sound infinitely better in real life; don't judge them by what you hear in videos.
V0rtex is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 22:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Voted for the Powerage exhaust.

I have ridden a bike with the Red rooster.It is good but nothing compared to the Powerage.On downshifting and heavy acceleration,the sound is unbelievable.

I have experienced this aural delight for the last 16,000 kms.

Cheers
What are the differences that you have noticed. I've never had the opportunity to listen to Powerage exhausts in real life, most of the 650 owners I've seen have Red Roosters installed. Also, can you pass the pollution test with these slip on exhausts installed?
Old 29th June 2024, 22:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
What are the differences that you have noticed. I've never had the opportunity to listen to Powerage exhausts in real life, most of the 650 owners I've seen have Red Roosters installed. Also, can you pass the pollution test with these slip on exhausts installed?
I have done the emission test with the Powerage exhaust and cleared it.
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks