Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 09:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ather Rizta Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Booked 3.7kWh model today in Delhi, most probably getting the delivery by 14 August. Saw the wall mount charger that comes with the scooter, there is no mount stand available with the charger to fix it on the wall.

Also could someone clarify whether Magic Twist helps to charge the battery as well through the regen function?
Congratulations on booking your Ather Rizta.

1. Mount Holder/stand is an accessory which is currently unavailable. Expect few Rizta specific accessories to be available in few weeks.

2. Magic Twist does help in charging the battery but it is negligible. It is probably the best feature in the scooter. I have been using it extensively, making the brakes been used less frequently.

Yesterday tested the Auto Hold feature at a parking lot of a Mall. It worked flawlessly. However, at times I have noticed that it has a mind of its own and activates on flat roads as well.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 21:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post

I don't need the big screen with Gmaps. The screen on the base variant was enough.

I probably could make do with the base variant, but base variant doesn't get auto hold and reverse mode(not sure on this), and the biggest gripe with base variant are the delivery timelines, October or November.

I recently got the Rizta S Variant (base).

I can confirm it is equipped with reverse mode & auto hill hold (though you need to get pro pack for this).
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 00:06   #63
BHPian

Bought the Ather Rizta Z (2.9 kwh) variant couple of days back in alphonso yellow colour. The main reason for getting this particular variant was delivery time of 1 week. Otherwise, we were open to purchasing the S variant without the pro pack.

The delivery experience was a mixed bag. The scooter had some issue with the boot lock and it was requiring unreal pressure to lock it. The showroom people were ignorant enough to say that's by design due to the large seat. I refused to believe that and asked them to rectify it before I take the delivery. They took a day to address it but only after we had to drag the owner into it.

Points that worked in Rizta Z's (2.9 kwh) favour:
1. Low running meant that any range of 80+ was good enough
2. Magic twist appealed to everyone in the family and almost everyone wanted it (S variant does not have it)
3. Super quick delivery of 5 days in Alphonso Yellow colour which everyone liked

The other scooter we had tried was Iqube 2.2 kwh. Even though the range was just 60-70 km, we were okay with it due to low running. The fast charging provided by TVS meant it charges 0-80% in 2 hours. The pricing was on par with petrol scooters, so savings would start from day 1.
But the power felt super low and we just could not feel the torque of the electric motor. In fact, the scooter was losing speed on incline with 2 onboard. We found that alarming and safety risk.

Rizta felt much more sturdy, with added benefits like big boot and seat. The eco mode also felt more usable since the acceleration was good enough for overtakes.

Have driven the scooter for about 60 kms and the experience has been as expected. Magic twist is addictive. The brakes otherwise feel a little inadequate. I particularly like the driving position as it's very relaxing. While the scooter looks bulky, it's nimble to push through gaps. I'm on my first charging cycle with 60km on odo and 39% charge left. Driving has been mixed in both modes. The suspension feels stiff, but with pillion it gets a lot more compliant.

Happy to answer any questions.
RohanPitre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 11:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
Bought the Ather Rizta Z (2.9 kwh) variant couple of days back in alphonso yellow colour.
The delivery experience was a mixed bag. The scooter had some issue with the boot lock and it was requiring unreal pressure to lock it. The showroom people were ignorant enough to say that's by design due to the large seat. I refused to believe that and asked them to rectify it before I take the delivery. They took a day to address it but only after we had to drag the owner into it.
Congratulations on your new acquisition A good choice especially post checking out the iQube.

The boot lock takes 2-3 days and some 10-20 open - shut events to finally settled down. The seat being longer and heavier with the hinge being small, it takes time to settle. I had the same issue but my Sales Advisor was good to explain me this. Within 2-3 days I got comfortable with the seat open and lock mechanism.
Old 3rd September 2024, 12:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The boot lock takes 2-3 days and some 10-20 open - shut events to finally settled down.
They did try giving this reason except that every other Rizta in the showroom was easier to close than this one. In fact, even their own sales team was able to lock it only 4/10 times at best. They had to change some settings and now it is much more usable. But design wise, boot locking is definitely something that Ather needs to improve with Rizta.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 22:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
I have taken delivery of my second EV - Ather Rizta last week in Pune. The other EV being Nexon Prime. Lets see how Rizta goes, initial impressions are good and very much impressed with the following:
1. Magic twist - this is a manual regen which can be used to brake, its very effective and can be pulsated to.
2. Hill hold is amazing and have never experienced such feature in a two wheeler.
3. Skid control if a boon to basement parking where the ramps are bit slipper especially in monsoon.
4. Under seat storage is massive.
5. Seats are huge and easily sit two 6 feet tall adults plus some space in between for stuff, small kid.

Only issue so far is the standby mode battery drain on all Ather vehicles of 2 to 3% daily even when the vehicle is not used at all. This is unnecessary waste of electricity in my view. It can be prevented by doing a shutdown of the vehicle, but is recommended by Ather only if the vehicle is not going to be used for more than 5 days.
I also miss the main stand, don't understand why they have skipped this basic functionality.
Update after two months of ownership @500kms:

1. Side effect of magic twist: Brakes are hardly used, resulting in squeaking sound from rear brakes especially in current monsoon conditions.

2. The floorboard has a design flaw wherein it bends / swells / puffs since it doesn't have central screws to support it at the bottom. The 450 series has two central screws on floorboard. The floorboard on Rizta is wider than that of 450 series and defiantly needs central screws to support it. My issue has been temporarily fixed by service center by removing some insulation material between the floorboard and battery pack. Not an ideal solution and Ather need to do a recall for this floorboard issue which was seen on many Rizta's at the service centre.

3. Ather Stack 6 update: Software updates have enabled Bluetooth functionality which now connects your phone to the scooter to be able to reject calls, see who is calling and see WhatsApp notifications. The Incognito feature has also been made available which disables the vehicle tracking if one chooses to move around stealthily

4. Side stand: Is loose when engaged and gives a flimsy feel that it will give up any day.

Accessories installed: Ather bodyguard for 3,600. Decent product and covers well, wish it had the front bumper guard in it as well for complete protection.
Waiting for Ather floor mats to be available.

Pictures showing
1. Floorboard issue
2 to 4. Vehicle pics with Ather bodyguard installed
Attached Thumbnails
Ather Rizta Review-whatsapp-image-20240903-21.46.59-1.jpeg  

Ather Rizta Review-whatsapp-image-20240903-21.46.58.jpeg  

Ather Rizta Review-whatsapp-image-20240903-21.46.59.jpeg  

Ather Rizta Review-whatsapp-image-20240903-21.46.58-1.jpeg  

diablo29 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 18:49   #67
BHPian

Quote:
The floorboard has a design flaw wherein it bends / swells / puffs since it doesn't have central screws to support it at the bottom.
What's causing the swelling though?
Old 6th September 2024, 17:31   #68

I had a test drive today of the Ather Rizta and loved every bit of it until we came to the price part. The scooter gave an SUVish feel with the way you were seated. It was nice to see some well thought of features like the boot light, a small partition to keep a dirty cleaning cloth,etc. However, the pricing is extremely high. The top end at 1.7 lakhs is quite questionable!
RevvedUpInsider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 23:26   #69
BHPian

Received the delivery of Rizta Z 3.7kWh on 1 September in Delhi. Just 100km on Odo till now, got the Ather stack 6 update yesterday and Bluetooth is now enabled.

Loving the magic twist function. No indication on display when regen coasting is operational, the magic twist has an indication.

Sidestep arrives after a week. Floor mat, scooter cover and bodyguard are not available as of now.

Delivery experience was not good, sales guys at Ather Space, Tilak Nagar, Delhi need training on their product and customer management.
Striker_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 23:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Have 2 questions pertaining to the charging and charger.

1. Is there a precautionary requirement that Rizta need to be charged only till a certain percentage (say 80%) for the first few charging cycles? There is a lot of say on mobiles where it is recommended to charge only till 80% and once a while drain the entire battery and charge it from 0 to 80%. Are there any such guidelines for Ather Rizta? I could not find anything in their user manual.
For NMC battery it is recommended, but Ather has put extra battery capacity which is locked via software so even when you charge till 100%, it not actually at full capacity. They just recommend not to keep scooter at full charge for long time.
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2024, 09:01   #71

Ather needs to provide XL size helmets as an option. Their ‘One size fits all’ philosophy is a disaster. The L size open face helmet given free of cost with the bike is a pain to wear. This is a Lemon and is of no use for quite a few users with XL size skulls.
Athet needs to address this issue as I wait for the Rizta booked earlier this week.
Ather needs to provide a Main stand albeit as an option. People use parked scooters as a convenience chair and practically destroy the side stand. Other niggles will come to light after delivery.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th September 2024 at 12:43. Reason: Minor typo fixes
Old 25th September 2024, 17:37   #72

Quote:
I have taken delivery of my second EV - Ather Rizta last week in Pune. The other EV being Nexon Prime. Lets see how Rizta goes,
Hey,

Congratulations on taking delivery of your second EV, the Ather Rizta! That’s fantastic news! I’m excited to hear that your initial impressions are positive. The features you highlighted sound impressive:
  1. The manual regen with Magic Twist sounds like a game changer for braking.
  2. Hill hold is definitely a great addition, especially for a two-wheeler!
  3. Skid control will be a lifesaver in those slippery basement ramps during the monsoon.
  4. Massive under-seat storage is always a plus.
  5. And it’s great to hear the seats are spacious enough for taller adults and a little one!

I also wanted to share that I've booked the Rizta Mid variant in Pangong Blue and am currently waiting for delivery. I understand your concerns about the standby mode battery drain and the lack of a main stand. Hopefully, those aspects can be improved in future updates.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with the Rizta as you put it through its paces!

Cheers,
Nayan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks