Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 10:48   #76
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan-based Guerrilla 450

Guerrilla 450

New offering from RE looks good and reasonably priced. We have 350cc bikes selling in this price range. The bike seems to be longer visually and gives the vibe of a hot knife which can cut through Butter. No Bulkiness as well which we associate with RE Bikes. RE is going in the right direction by adapting to the change.

So many new and exciting bikes being launched especially 400cc under Rupees 3 lakhs. RE is rewriting the script. I still remember 6 to 8 years ago a 250cc bike used to be special and 400 cc & above Bikes used to be a dream for many. I feel now the 650cc is the new special and 700cc and above is the new Dream (atleast mine) for many.

Good Times ahead

Interceptor (Parallel twin) has spoiled me. Cannot look beyond a multi cylinder bike now. I wont consider it
dsuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 15:01   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
I feel now the 650cc is the new special and 700cc and above is the new Dream (atleast mine) for many.

Good Times ahead

Interceptor (Parallel twin) has spoiled me. Cannot look beyond a multi cylinder bike now. I wont consider it
I guess we are dreaming the same dream! So, any idea when the MT-07 is coming, if at all it is?
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 19:45   #78
BHPian

Guerrilla appeals to me big time in terms of its looks and the color scheme (may be not the one with the purple color scheme) Somehow it feels more proportionate than the Triumph 400s. And the RE has more character as well. I hope it rides as good as it looks. In an ideal world, I would get one, make it more retro, add those headlight grill and stuff and may be a clip on and a different sounding exhaust?
parzival is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 20:20   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parzival View Post
Guerrilla appeals to me big time in terms of its looks and the color scheme (may be not the one with the purple color scheme) Somehow it feels more proportionate than the Triumph 400s. And the RE has more character as well. I hope it rides as good as it looks. In an ideal world, I would get one, make it more retro, add those headlight grill and stuff and may be a clip on and a different sounding exhaust?
You can always put on an aftermarket headlight mask and that'll just add on to the retro lines it's already got! That would be one of the most sought after mods if autologue designs or some other company makes one.
saitvsk23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 12:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a fun bike with that wide tyre and LC engine.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 15:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. But at 8 minutes, some weird engine noise crept in.

What will be the onroad pricing in Bengaluru?
[/quote]Looks like a fun bike with that wide tyre and LC engine.[/quote]
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 15:42   #82
BHPian

Any ballpark idea on how the suspension comfort on our terrible roads compare to something like Speed 400? I am skeptical since this has much reduced suspension travel than himi and the seat height is also very low. Plus, the Hunter suspension is also garbage according to my experience and several other riders.
nr07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 16:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr07 View Post
Any ballpark idea on how the suspension comfort on our terrible roads compare to something like Speed 400? I am skeptical since this has much reduced suspension travel than himi and the seat height is also very low. Plus, the Hunter suspension is also garbage according to my experience and several other riders.
Guess we won't know till ride reviews come out on the 27th, and till we test it on Indian roads well after that. This should be better than the Hunter in all respects though- Showa unit, same travel numbers as the Scrambler 400X (140mm front, 150mm rear). While it will never match the Himalayan, it should be more than enough for road use, both good and slightly bad.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 16:55   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Guess we won't know till ride reviews come out on the 27th, and till we test it on Indian roads well after that. This should be better than the Hunter in all respects though- Showa unit, same travel numbers as the Scrambler 400X (140mm front, 150mm rear). While it will never match the Himalayan, it should be more than enough for road use, both good and slightly bad.
Do you think it will be better than the Speed 400? Since the numbers are same as Scram?
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:57   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I really like the way the Guerilla looks. I like the Hunter's looks too but it's underpowered. The Guerilla should fix that.

But the name may be a mistake. Guerilla will become "Gorilla" or something funny like that. In Kannada, it could be pronounced as "gear illa" meaning "no gears"!
Thank you for pointing out this. I was literally thinking that the Guerilla here means the Gorilla (animal). But just by quick search I found that Guerilla has a different meaning.
Apex1815 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:49   #86
BHPian

So, the launch is tomorrow and the bikes are in showrooms. If you know some dealership well you can have a look.
Old 27th July 2024, 12:11   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
While the reviewers did not get a fair idea on foreign roads and most of them did not mention it, I saw one (perhaps the Autocar one) where they said suspension is almost like the Hunter so adios amigos from me!
Old 27th July 2024, 13:53   #88

Test drove the guerrilla and here are my observations. My consideration for purchase is between guerrilla and the speed 400.

Pros:
1. Weight balance is good and is a breeze to ride. I thought more fun to ride than the triumph.
2. Sherpa engine is excellent.
3. Ride posture is nice
4. Defn has more road presence than speed 400.

Cons:
1. The test ride vehicle has 32 kms listed and there was a sound in the liquid cooling section. Sound was coming while riding as well. There was a lot of heat coming from the engine as well. Not sure if it is an issue with that specific unit.
2. Suspension could be better and I could feel the potholes although not a lot. Triumph suspension was much better.
3. Didn't like any of the colour options.

I am probably booking the Triumph due to the heat issue.
Sudhi84 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 13:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a Showa unit? I thought it was a simple telescopic unit!
Old 27th July 2024, 14:00   #90
BHPian

Quote:
While the reviewers did not get a fair idea on foreign roads and most of them did not mention it, I saw one (perhaps the Autocar one) where they said suspension is almost like the Hunter so adios amigos from me!
I'd say wait- they haven't tested it in Indian conditions. That was just a hypothesis based on what they experienced on smooth European roads. In their words:

"Spanish roads are probably the worst place to try and gauge suspension comfort, but I suspect that the rear shock is on the firm side. Hopefully, this bike will do better than the Hunter in that regard in our roads, and has sufficient travel on its side, but it is something we want to evaluate here."

However, I suspect this will be stiffer than the rest of the 400 brigade. You'd be better off with the Triumph 400s from your past requirements.

Source- https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-re...fensive-432358

@bharath79- I believe it is a Showa telescopic unit. Just check a few reviews, I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of them. It's a much more sophisticated unit than on the 350s. See Rishaad's evaluation of its handling here:

And here's Overdrive:

Mods- for the life of me I can't figure out how to multi-quote. Please add bharath79's qn here if you see fit.

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 27th July 2024 at 14:09.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks