Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2024, 14:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan-based Guerrilla 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Competition goes back to launch pricing, Rs 2.24 Lakhs
Well, the delta is close. Seems like someone strategically placed it in between 400 and 400X. This amplifies the "lot more quantity in not a lot of price" quotient. Spec sheet wise, especially with equipment on offer, Guerrilla seems to get an edge.

Waiting for drive reviews to understand who the real competition is : 400 or the 400X ?
Old 17th July 2024, 14:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_wizard_v12 View Post
11 litres fuel tank with e20 fuel compatibility is borderline not acceptable. ..
Are we sure about the bike being E20 compatible? One video review showed stickers with E5 and E10 on the fuel tank. Even I would be shocked if the engine is not tuned for E20 fuel.

Also, the color choices are really garish. Not sure which group is their target segment but are they predominantly color-blind (in that case the color shouldn't matter to them anyways ).

The only color schemes I liked were the smoke silver and playa black to an extent.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 15:18   #48
BHPian

Some review mentions that the sprockets are 15/45 whereas Himalayan is 15/47. Does this mean even lesser low end torque? Though it also mentions different mapping, don't know what exactly that means!

Regards
Bharath
Old 17th July 2024, 17:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Competition goes back to launch pricing, Rs 2.24 Lakhs
I think the Guerrilla is well positioned in relation to the Triumph twins.

A common complaint about the Triumph twins is that they don't look like "big" bikes. And it's true. They do look like the size of commuter bikes and blend into traffic. That's not relevant to the riding experience of course, but that puts off a lot of people.

The Guerrilla though, seems to be big and beefy in the photos. If it's the same in reality, that's a big win for it.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 17:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Some review mentions that the sprockets are 15/45 whereas Himalayan is 15/47. Does this mean even lesser low end torque?
Yes, 2 tooth down at the rear sprocket mean a bit lesser acceleration and more top speed. The Himalayan needs that extra low-end offroad.
Old 17th July 2024, 18:00   #51
BHPian

Compared to competitors, pricing is on par, but not within RE. I know, it's Apples vs Oranges, but is it worth paying around ₹1 lakh more, compared to RE Hunter ? We are just getting 100 cc more with extra power and torque. For City runs Hunter seems to be ideal. Also, liquid cooled engines tend to overheat in City traffic. 50k more than Hunter was expected.
Old 17th July 2024, 18:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Compared to competitors, pricing is on par, but not within RE. I know, it's Apples vs Oranges, but is it worth paying around ₹1 lakh more, compared to RE Hunter ? We are just getting 100 cc more with extra power and torque. For City runs Hunter seems to be ideal. Also, liquid cooled engines tend to overheat in City traffic. 50k more than Hunter was expected.
I think CC is irrelevant. Going by pure performance (numbers as well as real world experience seen for new Himalayan with same engine), the power is twice that of Hunter. Hunter was targeted for young RE fans who were intimidated by the heavy feel of the Classic and Bullet 350 but wanted the RE experience and the easy torque / chill ride.

G450 is RE's entry in the high performance single cyl roadster market to compete with Speed400 and Mavrick/HD440 and they have priced it very well (all 3 variants)

IMO, pretty good differentiation in pricing too between the 3 type engines RE has (350, 450, 650)
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 18:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
The mid versions of Hunter and Guerrilla are 75k apart. 75k extra for:
- Fresh design
- Newer engine with double the power and torque
- Riding modes
- TFT Cluster
- EMS
- Wider tyres
- Weighs just 10kgs(?) more than Hunter?
- surely more things

Seems worth it.

Last edited by Gordon : 17th July 2024 at 18:40.
Gordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 18:50   #54
BHPian

I really, really hope that this has the GO with the SHOW!!! I am planning to test ride this.
The Hunter was a disappointment is this regard.

Last edited by Indraneel Bhat : 17th July 2024 at 18:50. Reason: Added points
Old 17th July 2024, 18:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Himalayan is E20, and this is the same engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Are we sure about the bike being E20 compatible?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 18:57   #56
BHPian

Over a period of time Royal Enfield has improved a lot in making their motorcycles in terms of Design, color schemes, engine refinement and performance. I see negative comments on Guerrilla saying RE no more sounds the same as old bullet. It doesn't have it. The thump was due to long stroke and it was not intended create unique exhaust note. Fortunately RE gained attention due to its iconic thump and created its own segment. It was a time and now it's gone for ever. Let them make competitive motorcycle with lot of modern features. I like their refreshing look of Himalayan and Guerrilla. Although Interceptor, Continental GT and Hunter are inspired from other motorcycles.
Old 17th July 2024, 19:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Are we sure about the bike being E20 compatible? One video review showed stickers with E5 and E10 on the fuel tank. Even I would be shocked if the engine is not tuned for E20 fuel.
AFAIK, all petrol motorcycles launched after April 1, 2023 need to be OBD-2 and E20 compliant.
Old 17th July 2024, 19:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Some review mentions that the sprockets are 15/45 whereas Himalayan is 15/47. Does this mean even lesser low end torque? Though it also mentions different mapping, don't know what exactly that means!
Think I heard someone mention that since the wheel sizes are different, the sprocket being 2 teeth less shouldn't drastically affect low-end acceleration. Guess we'll have to wait and watch ride reviews and then test ride to confirm.

This looks great for my needs, to be honest. I'm a bit lost (always have been with the right motorcycle for myself ), but this seems to have almost everything I need. The Speed 400 was almost perfect, except for poor pillion comfort and general diminutive dimensions. This seems to have just a bit more space and heft, but need to confirm that. For now, eyeing this as a potential companion for the next 5-6 years. Colours are confusing, but I'm pretty sure I want the TFT dash(for future-proofing).

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 17th July 2024 at 19:56.
Sudarshan42 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks