Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2024, 00:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded

Please tell where to get the meter shell gasket from Sunny. Does it come with the shell, or will SVC have it? Do you have a part number please.

Cheers, Doc
Old 1st May 2024, 09:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Please tell where to get the meter shell gasket from Sunny. Does it come with the shell, or will SVC have it? Do you have a part number please.

Cheers, Doc
It's not a KTM part, you'll need to get a 2.5mm oring string, cut it to size and join it. Details are on my 390 thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5675254 (2013 KTM Duke 390 - The Crypto Bike!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5678442 (2013 KTM Duke 390 - The Crypto Bike!)
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 21:49   #18
BHPian

Great thread, love your story, you use your bikes well and look after them as well.

As a fellow Duke 200 (BS6) owner, thanks for sharing the link for KTM parts, are the front sintered pads common for the 390-200? and BS4-BS6? As I wish to upgrade mine next time around. The website doesn't mention any specifics regarding the models or era(BS4-BS6). I also wish to add hand guards as the bike looks incomplete without them (dukes always had them).

I find it disconcerting that spares for first gen dukes are not easily available, its not even 15yrs since they were launched, especially since they are from Bajaj. Hope this gets resolved and these beasts can be on the streets for years to come.

Looking forward to continued updates your threads.
Williams_f1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 20:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The Dukes may go but the workhorse will never leave.
Can you tell me how did you change that instrument cluster? I have Apache rtr 160 and my instrument cluster doesn't show anything and I am planning to change it.
Old 6th May 2024, 22:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post

As a fellow Duke 200 (BS6) owner, thanks for sharing the link for KTM parts, are the front sintered pads common for the 390-200? and BS4-BS6? As I wish to upgrade mine next time around. The website doesn't mention any specifics regarding the models or era(BS4-BS6). I also wish to add hand guards as the bike looks incomplete without them (dukes always had them).
Sintered pads are common for all except probably the Gen 3 ones. I havent checked the Gen 3 pads myself so cannot confirm. The 390 adventure with spoked wheels uses a different caliper and pads wont work on those too

Get a 390 handle then you'll be able to add handguards. You'll need bar end weights to secure the handguards. If your bike already has bar end weights, you can just add the handguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draunzer21 View Post
Can you tell me how did you change that instrument cluster? I have Apache rtr 160 and my instrument cluster doesn't show anything and I am planning to change it.
I have the original TVS Apache and it came with the console. I'm not familiar with RTR consoles.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 22:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So whats next? The oil change is coming up soon in another 400KMs - I've already covered around 4000KMs despite 2+ months of non usage. I bought a new clutch arm a while back to replace the worn one on Daisy but realised I had to take off the clutch cover to change it. If I'm taking off the clutch cover, why not also change the timing chain and tensioner? The list just piles on.
I bought a new timing chain and tensioner, clutch and magnet gaskets to do all this. However, I didn't have any time to work on Daisy this month. Got some time this week and just changed the oil. New drain bolt to replace the scratched one, strainer, oil filter and new fill caps went on

2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded-1.jpg

I let the old oil drain for over an hour. I cranked the bike with ignition off, shook the bike around to ensure every last bit of oil drained out. Filled up with 1200ml of oil and the oil level looked low. Ended up adding 100ml more, totalling to 1300ml and it still looked a bit low. Cranked the bike again with ignition off for 30 seconds to make sure oil circulated everywhere before starting. Oooh what a difference! Daisy is running soooper smooth now!

Took this chance to swap out the regular bolts with SS allen units

2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded-2.jpg

Quote:
Also took this opportunity to drain the coolant and replace it with distilled water so I can flush out all the green coolant residue.
I've been lazy - Daisy is still running on distilled water and the old radiator cap. The overheating issue has subsided, this probably meant the coolant had been going bad? I got the new water pump rebuild kit but I didn't see any water/coolant residue in the oil so I'm guessing its still good. maybe the radiator just needs a good clean.

Quote:
The tank cover has cracked around the fuel cap. The plan is to buy as new one and paint it in a really nice shade of orange - details will be revealed once its done
I've started procuring the parts - Got a new tank cover, headlight mask thingies and handguards. I want a Gen 2 front mudguard but that wasnt in stock. Once I get new fender + new side panels, they should be ready for paint. Oh I got a new fuel cap too!

One of the side mask thingies cost more than the other - turns out the expensive one was painted in black, other one was in plain plastic.

2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded-3.jpg

The headlight will get a serious upgrade soon, making late evening commutes much safer.

Quote:
The 300mm disc conversion is still pending, I want to use up the sintered brake pads on it right now before the swap.
I've done about 4500KMs on these sintered pads and I think there's just 30-40% life left. Par for the course since I only use front brakes. Another 2000KMs and I'll swap the rotors with new pads.

Signing off for now!

2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded-4.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Got a decent haul of parts for Daisy, the RC390 chain hugger (finally!) New headlight for the upgrade, sprocket rubbers, new battery belt, a Gen 2 front mudguard (only managed to get the front portion. rest of the mudguard parts have been ordered), RH grab handle to replace the bent one plus fork reflectors (hat tip to sac23 for the part numbers!)

2012 KTM Duke 200 - Daisy's Tales Unfolded-3.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks