Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 20:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bajaj Pulsar N250 Review

Very nice review with lovely pics.

The bike certainly looks quite good but just like @Asish_vk mentions above, I don't see a lot of people shortlisting them for a new purchase.

I strongly feel that Bajaj needs to do some great advertising campaigns to get the excitement back into the Pulsars.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 21:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

KarthikK, that was a smashing review of the updated Bajaj Pulsar N250! While I did not test ride the bike, I was largely impressed by what I saw. The overall fit and finish levels are up to what the competition offers in 2024. When I last checked out the first gen N250 in a Bajaj dealership, it felt like a well priced but ordinary offering in the market. With the current model, it feels like Bajaj has put in some effort to sprucing up the motorcycle.

Bajaj's missteps with the Pulsar brand have been well documented on this forum and their multiple sub-family strategy is something which only makes sense in their internal presentations. Who else can justify the
1. Wolf eye N series with the 250, 150, 160
2. 3rd gen OG 150, 125
3. Mid life NS 200, 160, 125
4. Forgotten but not gone RS 200
5. Time capsuled 220F
with all the overlapping price points?

Where the N250 will have a really tough time is
- Changing the perception in the motorcycling enthusiast community (well, at least in the Metro + Tier 1 cities) that the bike will stand the test of time. Will it age as well as the excellent TVS Apache RTR 200 4V which costs Rs 1 47 820 (ex showroom)? I dont have any evidence to prove it one way or the other, but if I had to make the choice, 10 times out of 10, I will buy the Apache RTR 200 4V.
- Overcoming the massive hurdle that is Bajaj's own dealerships which are filled with salespeople who will promptly tell you "Saar, no test ride bike. I will call you tomorrow after getting the bike from the other showroom." only to forget about the walk in the moment he steps out of the showroom. Unless Bajaj takes massive steps to improve the entire in-store experience, I doubt that they will turn around the fortunes of the Pulsar brand.

And as hundreds of existing Triumph owners around the country have already found out, Bajaj is no longer the great big hope in the motorcycling enthusiast community. Their track record in the last year has not been encouraging.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 07:13   #18
BHPian

Decided to check out the Ns400, so walked into the nearest bajaj showroom. Unfortunately upon reaching, the dealer informed that bike is on display in some mall for promotions. But was tempted to check the N250. Although the bike is vfm and steal deal, the build quality and over all fit finish is definitely a level or 2 below of the Japanese bikes. The right switch gear console was moving, buttons felt flimsy. Also some panels had rough edges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks