Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2024, 15:50   #16

Re: Stuck in "delivery time loop" with Royal Enfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Hello friends,

I am a sailor and I am in and out of country every three months.

I was planning to buy a twin cylinder RE motorcycle, ever since the reports about development of RE650 engine started to pop up on the internet.
Hi Brumby,

I feel the solution to this never ending loop is to have your wife create a booking either online or at the dealer 2 months prior to your arrival. This will allow you to take delivery once you are back and even if the bike arrives early it won’t arrive more than a month early. So erring on the side of caution a 2 month buffer seems like a good idea. Depending on your body type, I would recommend choosing between shotgun on interceptor. Super meteor is an amazing bike to look at and it’s a wonderful machine but it is not designed for our roads. The suspension doesn’t have enough travel to soak up the bumpy roads. The forward set foot pegs also mean you can’t lift yourself up to better absorb the shocks.

Do let us know how you proceed and do share your thoughts after buying one of the best engines to ever come out of RE.
Apolo4409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 16:20   #17
BHPian

I don't see why you sailing has to complicate things. I came ashore in July 19 and booked immediately. I did not ask for a specific colour just asked for a bike. This was during the peak interceptor sales and waiting period was 3 months. But somebody cancelled a 15 day old orange crush in aug 19, paid the full amount including fancy no and rode home with registration in two days.
If you really need the bike compromise on something, end of the day your bottom on the seat is what matters.
adrift@life is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 07:52   #18
BHPian

Why not try renting a 650 interceptor or SM 650 ?
Keep it for the time you are at home and then hand it back ... This way you've enjoyed the motorcycle you've dreamt of and also no maintenance to deal with ! Additionally you get to experience a different motorcycle each time !! Costing is something I'm overlooking because I'm assuming that's ok
Good Luck
tc89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 10:12   #19
BHPian

If I was in your position, I'd simply go for a used example, you're anyway going to hold on to it for a long while, so the resale wouldn't matter.
You could look at the RE Integration portfolio for complete peace of mind, but even Droom and Beepkart have a reliable selection of bikes. Plus, it'll give you the option of quickly moving to something else if you feel 650 isn't your thing.
The dealer is just following protocol bud.
Old 15th May 2024, 11:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Digressing from the point but,...
Are you really sure you want a RE given your use profile of no use for 3 months and then 3 months of use?
(No offence to RE owners, but such a profile is not really conducive to the best of bikes/ vehicles)
I understand what you are pointing at. I have three cars and two 2-wheelers, My wife drives two of the cars and one is just started once in a week or fortnight and moved to and fro for the tyres.

2-wheelers sit idle and I have had no issues so far. I start and use them when I am home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
First things first, I don't think we can blame RE or the dealer in your case...... Not happening unless you know the dealership owners directly, which I don't think is the case.......

We can understand the preference,...., I think it's high time you start stepping out of your comfort zone.......

Come on man! You just keep complicating you scenario further. We're talking about RE here - ........ 2019??

The system is not going to change itself for you. If you want something to change, it should come from you. Unless you make certain sacrifices, your dream will remain just a dream.

Happy shopping!
I agree with every word of yours, somehow the engineer in me doesn't agree with making compromises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo4409 View Post
Hi Brumby,

I feel the solution to this never ending loop is to have your wife create a booking either online or at the dealer 2 months prior to your arrival......

Do let us know how you proceed and do share your thoughts after buying one of the best engines to ever come out of RE.
Your advise regarding the bikes is spot on and I agree that Shotgun is more suitable for me.

Asking my wife to do the booking will require a lot of convincing, she has not quite accepted the idea of having a twin-cylinder bike as it can reach higher speeds quicker than the bike that I already have, which according to her is sufficient for our road conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc89 View Post
Why not try renting a 650 interceptor or SM 650 ?
Keep it for the time you are at home and then hand it back ... This way you've enjoyed the motorcycle you've dreamt of and also no maintenance to deal with ! Additionally you get to experience a different motorcycle each time !! Costing is something I'm overlooking because I'm assuming that's ok
Good Luck
Never tried searching for rentals, and not sure these bikes are available for rental in and around Thane/Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
I don't see why you sailing has to complicate things. I came ashore in July 19 and booked immediately. I did not ask for a specific colour just asked for a bike. This was during the peak interceptor sales and waiting period was 3 months. But somebody cancelled a 15 day old orange crush in aug 19, paid the full amount including fancy no and rode home with registration in two days.
If you really need the bike compromise on something, end of the day your bottom on the seat is what matters.
You must be very lucky to get the bike quickly, but if you have read my first post, every time I activated the booking, there was never a call from the dealer offering any of the options in the three months or so that I was home. I used to follow up with them regularly as well.

Update on the situation
On 25 April 2024 I got a call from the sales executive that they have a shotgun for which the customer is not able to arrange the finance, and it can be allotted to me.

I asked to share the Chasis number for which he agreed, but the emphasis was on making the full payment immediately.

Even after multiple calls the chasis number was not shared but I was reminded for making the payment. I told him that I will come and see the bike and only after that I will make the payment.

In the evening, I went to the showroom to see the bike and found everything good, except that there was no fuel in the tank, so the engine could not be started which I assume is normal as the bike was received a few hours ago.

Asked the sales executive and his senior as to why there was reluctance to share the chasis number, to which there were two different replies and finally the blame was put on the sales executive.

Making the full payment as quickly as possible was emphasized repeatedly.

Making payment immediately was the only thing being discussed during my visit, I was not comfortable with the situation and felt something suspicious.

I tried to keep myself calm, but at one point the discussion about money was so repetitive, I lost my cool and told them that I do not want to proceed with the purchase and will cancel the booking.

On 26 April 2024 I cancelled the booking, there was no initiative fom the dealer to inform me about collecting the cheque for the refund, though multiple excuses were given for failing to do that. I collected the cheque dated 02 May 2024 on 08 May 2024.

I will start afresh by booking with a different dealer and all the suggestions by fellow members have been noted. I will try the best that can be done to have the bike by year end.

I do not know if my actions were right, but dealing with complications involving money is very frustrating and time consuming. I do not have much time for such situations and definitely do not want my wife to deal with while I am away.

Thank you.

Cheers
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 11:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post

I do not know if my actions were right, but dealing with complications involving money is very frustrating and time consuming. I do not have much time for such situations and definitely do not want my wife to deal with while I am away.
There's no wrong action here, you're looking out for your best interests. For some purchasing a bike is an emotional decision and we want it to be perfect.
The dealers are there to make money, to most you're just another check, they want to move what they got on their hands and don't care for customer sensitivities. And we know they cheat and are not ready to take them up on their words.

Good luck with your next booking and hope you don't have to face the same thing twice over.

Waiting for your ownership report.
Best of wishes.
Happy motoring.
adrift@life is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 12:17   #22
BHPian

https://www.rentnhop.com/search.html...024+12%3A59+pm

Try this !!
tc89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 18:19   #23
BHPian

Today I visited Ram motors RE showroom at Nerul, the owner Mr Ashwini is known to me, and he himself is an avid biker. A very genuine and kind hearted person.

I avoid mixing personal relations and business so never asked for any favours. Fortunately he was not present at the dealership which gave me a genuine opportunity to get the real experience of how the dealership operates.

I reached dealership and was promptly greeted by the personnel present there, a sales executive Mr Swapnil was designated and we had a discussion about the intention to purchase the Shotgun.

Explained the situation to him without quoting the past experience. To my utter surprise, I was told that if a customer refuses to take the delivery due to not being present, the dealership allots the bike to the next in line customer and will re-activate the booking of the previous customer.

After discussion about the model and colour I asked for a test ride which was provided promptly. Though it is something very normal but it was heartwarming to see that a hygiene cap was provided for using the dealership helmet. This was a first time experience for me.

Regarding the booking there was no pushing to book immediately and all modes of payment were accepted, also credit card without any additional charge. The previous dealer charged me about 2% and that amount was not refunded.

As per my circumstances I was advised to make a booking somewhere in June for a tentative delivery in September.

Overall a very pleasant experience, I left the dealership on a positive note.

Thank you.

Cheers.
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks