Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: After owning an EV 2W, What Next??
EV 2W Experience has been Frustrating, going back to ICE Vehicle 3 25.00%
EV 2W Experience has been Wonderful, EV Vehicle Next for me 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2024, 12:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

What next after owning an electric 2-wheeler?

As an EV 4W Owner, I am pretty certain that my next 4W is going to be again an EV 4W (Hopefully a more Premium Option)

Am curious what current EV 2W owners would consider for their next upgrade?

>> Option 1: Enough of Experimentation with EV 2W, I will consider an ICE vehicle as my Next

>> Option 2: After experiencing the benefits of an EV 2W, I will consider an EV as my Next

Last edited by payeng : 9th March 2024 at 12:55.
Old 10th March 2024, 06:42   #2
BHPian

re: What next after owning an electric 2-wheeler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post

>> Option 2: After experiencing the benefits of an EV 2W, I will consider an EV as my Next
Not an EV fan in the Indian context right now, but I guess a premium upgrade for a 2W EV zeros to The Ultraviolette F77 or F99
Old 10th March 2024, 08:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

I was seriously considering the Ultraviolette F77 at the time I purchased the Triumph 400 last year. Both were in a similar price range with comparable performance.

The problem with the F77 is there is absolutely no fast charging available for it. A full charge takes 4 hours on the optional Boost Charger. Standard charger takes 8 hours.

This charging speed is alright for commuter EVs with less than 15hp (Ola S1 Pro being the most powerful) that will probably never be used outside the city. When you are going higher up the 2-wheeler chain, people want to take their bikes to Ladakh. With those charging rates and the limited range of 170-220km real world, it becomes a tall order to convince a lot of people to purchase if something cannot even go to Lonavala (from Pune) and come back without having to charge for a couple of hours.

Had this had DC fast charging option, this 200-250 km range is actually enough. 1st get RC390 had a 10 literally tank and returns 20kmpl. The usable tank range is even smaller than Ultraviolette on that one. People used it without much complaints. If this could add 150-200km in a 30-40 min top-up (charging rate of 10Kw), it becomes perfectly capable of being used for long hauls.

Even if this requirement is not something that happens everyday, people want the option to do this. An option that does not exist on the Ultraviolette yet.

But this is what I think and I don't own an EV yet. What do the others have to say?

Lastly, it doesn't make noise. Quiet and fast motorcycles do not make a safe combination.

#LoudPipesSaveLives

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th March 2024 at 09:51. Reason: As requested
antz.bin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 10:00   #4
BHPian

re: What next after owning an electric 2-wheeler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Without a doubt, once you make the switch to an EV, there's no turning back to ICE vehicles.
Old 29th March 2024, 20:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: What next after owning an electric 2-wheeler?

Ather 450X: City riding. Interceptor 650 Custom Scrambler and Trident 660 Roadster for highway and leisure riding.

Won't even bother with electric two wheelers for leisure riding until weight goes down, range hits 500 Kms! Even as a fast city bike, electric bikes don't have the sensory thrills that ICE motorcycles do. They just feel too disconnected. No aural pleasure.

Reason: Why 500 Kms? I don't want to waste my time charging or finding chargers on leisure rides. A lot of roads I ride are quite offbeat. Needing to find an electric charger is a huge buzz kill.

PS: This poll needs another option: EV for city, ICE for leisure!

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 29th March 2024 at 20:38.
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 00:28   #6
BHPian

Why don't we see an E-splendour or E-Platina till now?

Wouldn't it be easier and wiser for companies like HERO and Bajaj to electrify their existing 100/125cc bikes instead of wasting their time and effort in launching the Chetak EV?

Since these bikes have existed for a long time, their chassis, suspension, and brakes can be carried over to their EV Avatar to discard the fuel tank and engine+gb combo. There are so many YouTube videos on YouTube.

Of course, these big companies would have to go through a lot of testing etc be there is some other logic for this route not being tried. May be there is some other logic that I am not seeing here.

Interestingly, TATA did this with Nexon, Tigor and Tiago and has worked pretty well.
SS80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks