Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2024, 14:06   #1

Is K-Care package from Kawasaki worth the money?

Hey guys, Need some help in deciding if purchasing the K-Care package from Kawasaki is worth the money or going with regular paid service.
So, recently i purchased a Ninja 400.
(A new post detailing the purchase and initial impressions to follow soon.)

K-Care inclusions:
K-Care = EW(Extended Warranty) + AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract)
2 years of additional warranty (of 20K Kms additional to the 30K Km standard coverage)
4 years of periodic maintenance in the AMC
the AMC includes: Oil change: 8 times, Oil filter: 4 times, Brake fluid replacement: 1 time
Does not cover: Valve clearance Inspection, Engine Vacuum Synchronization, Spark plugs Replacement, Air cleaner element Replacement, Fuel filter Replacement, Steering stem bearing Lubrication ,Coolant Replacement, Water hose Replacement,0-ring Replacement etc

the cost of K-Care (discounted) for Ninja 400 is around 45K, compared to original asking of 70K.
From what i have heard, the typical one time cost of servicing the N400 are around 8K.
And with the K-Care package, the service cost may come down to 1 to 1,5k ?

Have the Kawasaki owners purchased the K-Care package, if yes, how was the experience and what do you feel about it?
What could be the points which would go against buying the K-Care?
Vyadh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 12:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Is K-Care package from Kawasaki worth the money?

It’s not a bad deal, with a couple of caveats. I got it with when I bought the Versys 650 last September, for 50k. The dealer wasn’t budging on the handling/transportation/logistics fee for 5k, but when I offered to take the K-Care package, they agreed to drop that fee too. So, effectively, it cost me 45k.

Just taking the material cost, 8x2L engine oil, 4x filters, 1x brake oil, comes to a good chunk of the cost, close to 20k by my reckoning. Then the service cost will make up the rest (including 8 washes too).

You are also safe from any possible service/material cost increase over the period. Add to that 2 additional years of warranty.

The couple of caveats “which would go against buying the K-Care”; with K-Care you are bound to the Kawasaki’s SVC for 2 more years. If you don’t like the service in your city, that could be a cause for concern.

Secondly, if you are willing to do the work yourself, you could save the cost of 4 services. The regular servicing is really easy, especially when you get expert tutorials for everything online today. Changing oil, cleaning/changing air filter, cleaning/lubing brake calipers, cables, chain etc. is small potatoes, and for the larger stuff, you have to pay anyway, as that’s not covered by K-Care. If I hadn’t opted for K-Care, I would have done the regular maintenance myself, and gone to an SVC (whether Kawasaki or 3rd party) for other stuff, à la carte.
ExOblivione is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 22:11   #3

Re: Is K-Care package from Kawasaki worth the money?

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, the material costs come out a good chunk and the upfront payment protects against rising costs as well.
The extended warranty is good as well. What i have heard is that buying the extended warranty alone is around 25K. So, if i am planning to stick to the Kawasaki SVCs, then it does make sense to go for the K-Care package at the discounted price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks