OLA S1 Pro 4 7.69%
River Indie 2 3.85%
Others (please specify in your post) 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2024, 15:06   #1
BHPian

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-screenshot-20240224-150144.png

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-screenshot-20240224-150203.png

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-1.jpg

What you'll like:

• Solid build quality along with top-quality fit & finish. The electric Chetak is very well put together
• Looks and feels like and is a proper scooter, unlike some peers that have a toyish feel
• Well equipped. With the TecPac, it gets all the latest features and functions, including connectivity features
• Bajaj's widespread sales and support network. Additionally, dedicated facilities are being set up for servicing electric scooters
• Convenient and portable charging cable that can be plugged into a regular 15A plug

What you won't:

• Top speed of 73 km/h and maximum range of 126 km is significantly lower than similarly priced rivals
• No battery options. Only one capacity battery is available
• Missing features such as ABS, fast charging, etc.
• Suspension is on the firmer side. Lots of feedback through the handle can get annoying on bad roads
• Under-seat storage space is limited. A full-face/full size helmet doesn't fit

Review Link

Ather 450X

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-atherenergyslashespriceof450xelectricscooterdiscontinues450plusvariant.jpg

Ownership Review Link

TVS iQube S

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-iqube.jpeg

Ownership Review Link

Hero Vida V1 Pro

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-v1rightsideview13.jpg

Ownership Review Link

OLA S1 Pro

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-2021olas130.jpg

What you'll like:

• India’s first mass-produced electric vehicle. A market disruptor with solid potential
• Looks futuristic, sleek, yet classy enough to appeal to all and offend none. Build quality, colour options on offer and the feel of materials is good for the segment too
• Well priced for the best-in-class specs on offer. Better performance than any mass-market scooter on sale in India
• Worry-free range for daily runs - ARAI-certified range of 121 km for the S1 and 181 km for the S1 Pro as per IDC
• Loaded with technology and features - large touchscreen and connected features, keyless access, reverse assist, onboard navigation, hill hold (Pro), cruise control (Pro) and more

What you won't:

• Some major misses (ABS, flat floorboard, removable battery pack, pillion side footrest, etc) could be a deterrent in achieving the ambitious sales targets
• Despite being priced well, the S1 Pro is still significantly more expensive than the ubiquitous volume-seller, the Honda Activa (without state subsidies, where applicable)
• Concerns over the effectiveness of the new dealerless support model, especially in semi-urban and rural areas. The first point of contact for customers is the OLA Electric App / customer care call centre
• Concerns over initial niggles and longevity of a brand new, mass-manufactured product from a startup company

Review Link

River Indie

Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others-2023_river_indie_exterior_01.jpg

What you'll like:

• Very distinct styling that makes the Indie immediately stand out in a vast sea of two-wheelers
• Lots of customization possible through accessories, making the scooter very versatile in terms of applications and user profile
• 3 Riding Modes with varying power delivery and range allow for flexibility of use
• Motor produces 9 BHP and 26 Nm of torque. Riding in Rush mode is tremendous fun!
• 4 kWh battery gives the e-scooter a realistic range of ~120 km in Eco mode which is generous for bumper-to-bumper traffic
• Ample storage space and then some more! 43 litres of under-seat storage capacity, 12 litres of glovebox space, and more on the floorboard / storage hook
• The bike feels sturdy and easy to maneuver. Wide seat, extended front footrests and ample leg / knee room make for comfortable ergonomics

What you won't:

• We expected more aggressive pricing, relative to the entrenched players. Furthermore, the pre-launch price tag of 1.25 lakhs will be increased soon
• Missing features like phone pairing (music, calls), turn-by-turn navigation, ABS. Also, a very basic MID display
• Fit and finish could be better. A few plastic panels and body parts feel extremely flimsy
• Several features such as fast charging, connectivity features, and Accessories are still under development
• With a dealer and service centre network yet to be set up, buying and servicing experience are unknown
• This being a new product from a new company, the long-term ownership experience is unknown

Review Link

Last edited by Omkar : 24th February 2024 at 15:07.
Ripcord09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 15:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bajaj Chetak Electric Premium vs Ather 450X vs TVS iQube S vs Others

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Old 25th February 2024, 12:23   #3
BHPian

My choice is an Ather 450X.

I got one a couple of years back. Touchwood, till now I have not faced any serious issues.

I like the scooter mainly because of their BMS, the range left in kilometers after a charge will be the actual on road too.
RiderS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 14:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord09 View Post
Nice thread Ripcord09, thanks for creating it I too have voted for Ather 450X with my hard-earned money around 15 months ago and I am not at all disappointed with the package. Would you believe, it's been more than 1.25 years now since I brought my Mint Green bike home and till date there has not been a single reason for me to visit the service center. Such is the reliability of this marvelous piece of machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks