Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 17:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hero Mavrick 440 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulivan View Post
How is the access to replace regular stuff that needs attention like battery, air-filter and spark-plug. From the pictures a frame sub-member hinders easy reach to the plug.
We didn't try, but it does seem that the top plastic cover would need to be removed to access the electrical parts. And would need tools to do so. So, it may not be very convenient / easy to check them on-the-go. Hopefully, the tool-kit is easily accessible. It wasn't on any of our bikes so we're not sure where it is stored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It seems to get most basics right
Indeed. Hero's brand value (for this segment / price range) aside, this is actually a really good product overall.

Quote:
2. Do I see a single horn on this bike?
Yep, just the single one that we could see. Unless there's on hidden deep inside. And no, it won't scare anyone, an autowallah probably the very least!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 23:35   #17

Is it only me who feels that the bike hugely resembles the Ronin?
Lone_Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 09:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Is it only me who feels that the bike hugely resembles the Ronin?
Apart from round front headlight, I can't see much similarities. But yes, both are compact. The Mavrick looks better too.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:37   #19
BHPian

The bike surely intrigued me to step up to nearest Hero Premia dealership, at Bangalore
Singasandra.

However the bike is not available for viewing and test ride. Salesman checked with another person and told it will be available around Mar 10th.

As it is such a premium and crucial offering for Hero, they should have ensured bike is available for display at least.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 21:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
However the bike is not available for viewing and test ride. Salesman checked with another person and told it will be available around Mar 10th.
Bike arrived at the dealership today and was available for test ride. Did a relatively short ride of 5 kms covering small roads and open highway on Hosur road.

Bike is overall good to ride, with good pickup in mid range especially in 2nd and 4th gear.

Ride quality is really nice with soft suspension setup and able to absorb Bangalore potholes.

Look wise overall it looks nice but doesn't stand a chance against Triumph speed 400.

The bike I rode is brand new, but mirrors vibrated at 40 kmph and switch gears did not give nice feedback and can say below par compared to competition.

Speedometer setup looks wierd according to me but was clearly visible.

Attaching pics taken today.

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240308_175152.jpg

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240308_175132.jpg

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240308_175140.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th March 2024 at 09:17. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
isandy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 09:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Bike arrived at the dealership today and was available for test ride.
Thanks for sharing!

Is that pillion side footrest non-retractable?!
Old 11th March 2024, 22:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is that pillion side footrest non-retractable?!
Yes, It is retractable, not sure if it is not visible in the picture.
Old 21st March 2024, 09:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Bajaj Pulsar 220 shared KTM's engine since 2011 and hence the Maverick sharing Harley's engine was on expected lines, since they are partners in arms now. But would many buyers not prefer the HD with this engine for the brand equity the US brand provides?......... I too feel that for such a premium bike (for India) the instrument cluster could have been better designed to appear more chic, rather than the sub 200 cc, cruiser bike like looks..... The spoke wheels on the base variant are really out of the blue. We get not diamond cut alloys but alloys cut by something else even on those commuter bikes of 100-125 cc, and courtesy Hero a 440 cc.......

Also the base variant needs to have a better choice of shades. We are 100 years past the Model T Ford "any colour as long as it's black" Era.
It seems to me serious VFM. The original Himalayan and Dominar were running close to this price years (and incremental inflation) before, and even they were considered VFM. Personally I never thought I'd contemplate spending this kind of money on a bike, and sure, one could pick up a used ADV250, recent Himalayan, or maybe even an Interceptor for around this price... but for anything new this seems a steal.

The ONLY (big) trouble IMHO being that for ~30k (15%) more you could be riding a Triumph with an almost certainly more inspiring/ willing +10bhp engine and truly prestigious brand image, one with a historic pedigree of some good singles.

But working backwards through the above quote here:

We are barely beyond launch and I'd expect more colors to come before long.

Personally I would prefer spokes so think this was a perfectly appropriate decision here. I also like machining marks on aluminum, and (as a mechanical engineer) really cannot bring mysellf to care one whit how the wheels were formed, so long as they look pleasing to me.

As for the IC I am of the view that simpler and less is better for bikes selling themselves on no-frills value and pure riding experience.

As an American can say that Harley's image has COMPLETELY been wrapped around V-Twins for as long as anyone can remember, and that a Harely single is simply nowhere in those terms, in truth an emerging-market concession/embarrassment. I'd rather be riding a pre-owned Street 500/750 - that bike had a hard enough time convincing the global markets that something other than a 45° angle between the cylinders was ok (actually a great engine, just not sufficiently "Harleyish" for H-D aficionados) - nevermind a single, for which there is just no point, no proper brand association there anyway for anyone who knows better.

And lastly, it was the Pulsar 200 (not 220) that shared the KTM's unit.

In conclusion, Hero seems really onto something here - if this doesn't break the shackles of their eternal commuter image and lack of disruptive prooducts, I don't know what will. Bold move intro'ing something fully double the displacement of what I suppose was their last disruptive /aspirational) product, far too long ago (the Karizma!). Ok, will grant the Impulse and the X-Pulse rally kit, but even those engines were relatively anemic... and it's otherwise been so lean.

Their vast network weighs strongly in their favor. But apart from that would have to strongly lean towards the Speed 400. When you come into engines of this size you are selling to enthusiasts. And the feel and performance figures are unlikely to work in Hero's favor in any such direct comparisons. Nor is the humble/pragmatic brand image, which a very conservative Hero management has seemed so Hell-bent on maintaining forever. It's going to take more than this to change that now, methinks.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 21st March 2024 at 10:08.
ringoism is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 20:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
In conclusion, Hero seems really onto something here - if this doesn't break the shackles of their eternal commuter image and lack of disruptive prooducts, I don't know what will. Bold move intro'ing something fully double the displacement of what I suppose was their last disruptive /aspirational) product, far too long ago (the Karizma!). Ok, will grant the Impulse and the X-Pulse rally kit, but even those engines were relatively anemic... and it's otherwise been so lean.
Hero's current best bet is this 440cc platform and the Liquid Cooled Engine that they had debuted in the new 210cc Karizma XMR. I guess the new upcoming bigger XPulse will definitely be a step-up from this Air Cooled 440cc, as seen in the spyshots it has a modern liquid cooled engine.

On another note, I also feel that Hero should just axe the 200cc Xtreme Air Cooled model and develop a nice beefy 210cc streetfighter model by using the powerplant from the 210cc Karizma. They definitely must take cues from the XF3R project they showcased a few years ago.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd March 2024 at 09:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 16th April 2024, 10:21   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp has commenced customer deliveries of the Mavrick 440.

Quote:
Dr. Pawan Munjal, Executive Chairman, Hero MotoCorp handed over the bikes to 3 lucky customers through specially-curated events at the Hero Premia outlet and DLF Cyber Hub, Gurugram.
Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240416_101848.jpg

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240416_101851.jpg

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-20240416_101853.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 18:18   #26
BHPian

Test rode the bike today at a Bangalore dealership. My views:
Pros:
1. The engine is really good.
2. Bassy thump will be loved
3. Hero’s reliable ASS and reach
Cons:
1. Mediocre quality of plastics on a ₹2 lakh plus bike
2. LHS switch was covered with stickers. Don’t know what went wrong?
3. Weird mirror positions
4. Handle bar feels of yesteryear’s. RE bikes offer premium handlebar feel.
5. Ugly looking wire appearing from topside on RHS of the handlebar

Notwithstanding the lovely engine, I have decided against booking the bike because of the cons listed above.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_6427.jpeg  

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_6426.jpeg  

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_6425.jpeg  

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_6424.jpeg  

MDED is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 21:40   #27

I chanced upon a display by the side of a petrol pump. They also had a test-ride vehicle.
I wasn't dressed for the occasion, so I didn't take the bike out on the road. Instead, I started the motorcycle, listened, looked around, and quickly rode around the property.
The motorcycle actually looks, sounds and rides okay to me.
Didn't ride enough to comment about the handling.
A few bits where Hero really cheaped out caught my eye, though.
Squishy rubber hoses are covered up to look like braided hoses.

Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_20240523_141825584_mfnr.jpg
Hero Mavrick 440 Review-img_20240523_141836076_mfnr.jpg
bull8e is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
5. Ugly looking wire appearing from topside on RHS of the handlebar
Oh dear. That is one terrible cable routing, as if jugaad mechanic installed the button cluster upside down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks