Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 13:41   #1
BHPian

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus

Hello everyone! This is going to be a relatively long post. So do set some time and as always, I appreciate feedback and tips about the bike and how to ride better. So without further ado.

Prologue:

2014: 2nd year of college, I owned a Yamaha R15 V2.0 in White/Blue. It was a phenomenal machine and I loved riding it. Being my first bike and having no other major experience in riding, and exhibiting college kid hooliganism, I ended up having a couple of crashes - one serious and one minor. That was the last straw for my parents and we ended up selling it. It broke my heart and it took me a while to accept the fact and get over it.

2015: We were in the market for a vehicle. I had just recently test-ridden my friend's 1st gen Duke 390 and I was in love with the surge of power and the raw manner in which it was delivered. Based on past experiences, the plan was instantly shut down by my parents and it was understandable. I tried to push them to get a Volkswagen Polo GT TSi (me being an enthusiast), but since we already owned a Hyundai Grand i10 automatic, the need for another hatchback was not the best idea. We ended up taking delivery of a Hyundai Creta 1st gen diesel automatic. It was a great car and we put lots of kilometers on it.

2016: Since the car had been taken in the company's name, which my father was planning on closing, we couldn't hold on to it. And so with a heavy heart, we bid farewell to the car. 2017 was the year when I moved to the US for my Master's Degree, hence all automobile purchases were forgotten for a while.

2020: I returned from the US in August, peak pandemic time. We felt the need for a second car and unanimously agreed on the Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel automatic. One of the most amazing cars you can get in the market, albeit the brakes are the weak link in the package. We still own this and the Grand i10, and they have been extremely reliable.

2022: The bike-owning bug bit me again. I was in Bangalore at the time, and test rode everything from the Royal Enfields to the KTMs for a year. Here are my honest observations.

1. Royal Enfield Meteor 350: This was the first bike that I considered. It was supremely comfortable and you get that "Aaah" feeling when you sit on it. Couch-like comfort and sorted ergonomics, I was almost sure that this would be the one. The engine was disappointing and low on power for my liking. The plan was scrapped.

2. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: This was a bike that stayed on my list till the very end. More on this, later.

3. Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650: I just absolutely loved this bike and I wish that it was a little bit easier to handle and live with, not to mention the astronomical price tag. The obvious limitations led me to scrap this one from the list as well.

4. Royal Enfield Himalayan: I had been following the launch of the Himalayan for over a year, from final sketches to spy shots. It seemed like the perfect adventure motorcycle for my 10-year pending Ladakh plan. But the usability of the Himmy on an everyday basis for my 5'8, 70kg frame seemed a bit too much. The 196kg kerb weight added to the confusion. This was the first bike that I actually booked, before shifting the booking to an Interceptor.

5. Triumph Speed 400: Enjoyed riding the bike, but I did not enjoy the lack of presence because it has a pretty slim profile. The tractability of the engine was fantastic, and I did not feel any major vibrations or heating issues. I still recommend this bike to friends who are in that price bracket.

6. Bajaj Dominar 400: Controversial opinion, but I think this motorcycle is severely underrated. Extremely comfortable to ride, even with a pillion. The engine is really powerful as well, and I don't mind front-heavy bikes so I did not feel the difficulty in steering. In the current competition, this is a good alternative, but not the best. Again, I would recommend this bike for anyone who wants to tour a lot. If you need more convincing, watch Bajaj's official odysseys on YouTube

7. KTM Duke 390 Gen 2: An absolute hoot to ride. I did not even get close to the complete performance of the motorcycle, yet I loved it. It just felt a bit small compared to the other bikes I have ridden, which wasn't a problem but yet something to consider.

8. KTM Adventure 390 Rally: Another serious contender that seemed to fit all my requirements. The only issues I had with it were the inconsistent quick-shifter and the overall dimensions of the bike, which was a bit too difficult for me to maneuver through traffic. Also, i did not like the older TFT and felt that the newer engine was a lot more friendly.

9. Husqvarna Svartpilen 401: Part of the final 3 contenders, I felt that this was the perfect blend of what I was looking for. On the downside, the motorcycle felt a bit too small and compact and lacked road presence. I also wanted the features that this one lacked over the Duke - cornering ABS and traction control.

The Final Choice:

Almost one month into the booking of the Interceptor which was already transferred from the new Himalayan, I cited silly reasons and canceled the booking altogether. I had taken multiple test rides of the latest 3rd-Gen Duke 390. Mind-blowing performance and seemingly mini superbike levels of acceleration. I was blown away and I couldn't look at any other motorcycle the same way again. Twist in the tale, Aprilia launched the RS457 at a staggering price tag of 4.13L ex-showroom Chennai. It was difficult choosing between the two. The lack of communication, dealerships, service, prolonged delivery dates, and horror stories of Aprilia, not to mention the enormous price tag difference between this and the Duke - almost 1.3L on road, helped me finalize the bike I wanted the most. The 2024 Duke 390.

Delivery Experience:

The showroom experience was a bit of a mixed bag. I knew the Whites Road and Ambattur Estate showroom staff very well. Since the Ambattur one was in close proximity to my house, we decided to go with them. Big mistake.

1. The sales executive with whom I was in touch, promised the delivery of the bike in 3 days but failed to deliver.
2. He tried to offer to sign on my behalf, all because I said that my office is in Nungambakkam and I cannot travel during the day just to sign a form. Basically, forgery.
3. They tried to push us to IFFCO-TOKIO insurance, with which we have had bad experiences in the past. We finalized on National insurance. Didn't bother me much, because it is just for a year. We can always change it post that.
4. No PDI was offered on delivery day, even though I had specifically requested it. The bike was already under the orange covers when we arrived. By then, we were already done with the experience so we didn't care much. I did inspect the bike before I drove off. They gave a host of paid basic accessories namely, riding gloves, mobile mount, helmet, visor, helmet lock, helmet cleaner, and balaclava. Pretty impressive list.
5. I have decided to get all services done at KTM West Mambalam through a contact. I am done with KTM Ambattur.

Riding Experience:

It has only been two days since I took delivery, but I have been able to gather some thoughts about the bike.

1. The motorcycle is fantastic. Extremely flickable and nimble and much more useable through the rev range compared to the previous generations.
2. Heat can be felt in stop-and-go traffic, which I had to deal with on my very first day. The fan does come on promptly to aid in dissipating some of it, but just like all single cylinders, you can feel it.
3. Finding neutral is a challenge. I expect this to improve after the first service. I have discovered that neutral is easier to find when the bike is turned off, whether in traffic or when you have come to a complete halt. It is a little weird and needs getting used to. I will mention this during the first service, which is 1000 km or 45 days.
4. The quick-shifter is fantastic! Downshifting is much smoother than upshifting, and I want to take this to the MMRT track someday to extract maximum performance.
5. The engine can be scary and dangerous in the wrong hands. Luckily, I am at a more mature age and my prior experience in testing much bigger bikes helps me keep this in check. I learn something new about the bike every day.
6. I am not a sedate rider, nor a hooligan. I'm still trying to find the perfect balance and not go overboard.
7. The seat has to be the biggest downside. It is extremely hard and I am already considering getting a custom seat cover with added padding to aid everyday riding comfort, or perhaps a gel seat for touring.
8. Still getting used to riding with riding gear. My Viaterra Shifter gloves were biting into my knuckles and causing extreme discomfort and pain, so I wrote to them and requested a replacement or change in size. I am still unsure what the reason is, because I tried the Grid and Holeshot in person and they seemed fine. The customer service required some pushing to get this replacement process started, as they were refusing any assistance citing warranty issues.
9. Clan SNKR shoes were advertised as UK8 but were one size larger for me. I brought this to their attention and they instantly offered to send me a UK7 as a replacement in two days and will collect the shoes from me shortly. 10/10 customer service and the boots are fantastic as well. Of course, all of this is my personal experience and nobody paid me to say any of this. All of these were impulse buys after doing extensive research.
10. My 2024 version Rynox Urban X jacket is doing duties as expected. Fantastic jacket, but still runs a little too warm for Chennai heat. I have removed the chest armors for more airflow in city riding.
11. My LS2 Vector-2 Touring Helmet is amazing as well. The only gripe is the visor usability with gloves. The visor locking mechanism is a nice touch but gets difficult in city traffic where I spend most of my time trying to find neutral, so I can't use my left hand to open the visor

That's all for now. I will keep updating this thread with more experience on the bike and riding gear, when I go for a ride this Sunday. Here are some photos to sum it all up. Thank you for reading!

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212170611.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212wa0010.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212wa0022.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212175025.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212wa0027.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212wa0016.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240212wa0009.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240213194311.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus-img20240213114259.jpg
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:20   #2

re: 2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus

Congratulations and wishing you many miles of happy riding.
The black and orange looks ravishing.
Question: You noted "I did not enjoy the lack of presence because it has a pretty slim profile" for speed 400. Other than dimensions anything else that made you go for the Duke 390?

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th February 2024 at 17:26. Reason: Minor edits for punctuation
tasty911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:38   #3
BHPian

re: 2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty911 View Post
Congratulations and wishing you many miles of happy riding.
The black and orange looks ravishing.
Question: You noted "I did not enjoy the lack of presence because it has a pretty slim profile" for speed 400. Other than dimensions anything else that made you go for the Duke 390?
Thank you so much!

I mean of course it's the appealing factor. I am known for being a little eccentric and always wearing brightly colored clothes. Of course, I would pick a bike that would look the same.
Apart from that, the Speed has a different sprocket and engine configuration that gives more performance in the lower revs, whereas the Duke is more mid and higher-revs oriented. I wanted something that would offer great highway performance and be ready for the track as well. I guess it comes down to personal preference as well. The Speed is fantastic and my close friend picked up the Blue one in Pune very recently. I also think that the build quality on the Speed is the current benchmark. Feels very premium.
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:55   #4
BHPian

Re: 2024 KTM Duke 390 Review | A 9-year hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
7. The seat has to be the biggest downside. It is extremely hard and I am already considering getting a custom seat cover with added padding to aid everyday riding comfort, or perhaps a gel seat for touring.
Congrats! The Atlantic blue color looks stunning with just the right amount of orange. I can see that you've considered this bike for touring as well.

1) How do you plan to cope with the enormous windblast on highways in a naked motorcycle? One of my friends who has the same d390 has told that the windblast is too much and anything beyond 200 kilometres in a day is unbearable.

2) What would be your ideal touring setup if you already have one in mind?

3) Why did you cancel the Himalayan 450? Was it because you liked the d390 more? I too have a booking for the new Himalayan but I felt the vibrations at 5000 rpm were a bit too much in the TD vehicle. My other options are the same as yours: d390, super meteor 650.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congrats! The Atlantic blue color looks stunning with just the right amount of orange. I can see that you've considered this bike for touring as well.

1) How do you plan to cope with the enormous windblast on highways in a naked motorcycle? One of my friends who has the same d390 has told that the windblast is too much and anything beyond 200 kilometres in a day is unbearable.

2) What would be your ideal touring setup if you already have one in mind?

3) Why did you cancel the Himalayan 450? Was it because you liked the d390 more? I too have a booking for the new Himalayan but I felt the vibrations at 5000 rpm were a bit too much in the TD vehicle. My other options are the same as yours: d390, super meteor 650.
Thank you so much sir! Yes, the orange is a bit too much orange and does look really good in person. The blue is a bit more subtle and classy, so I went with it.

1. I agree. A lot of windblast, even with the touring helmet that I use. I am considering getting a windshield for touring purposes when brands like Mototorque, Zana, or Bandidos Pitstop come up with accessories for the new Duke. Also, while installing the windshield, one must also buy the number plate relocator from MotoDrift to the front fender and get that shifted as well. I also plan on installing Maddog Scout X fog lamps, but I still cannot figure out where exactly to install them on the bike. Fork mounts would be the most ideal in terms of light throw, but the extended fairing shrouds may interfere with the positioning. More research needs to be done before taking the plunge.

2. Ideal touring setup would be the same as I mentioned in point 1, with Grandpitstop or Ride on Air gel seats assisting with the comfort aspect. I don't prefer riding with too much luggage. Still considering the right backpack and luggage systems because the bike itself is tiny and does not accommodate too much luggage. For reference, my daily office commute involves wearing my 6-year-old anti-theft laptop backpack which does not come with the chest straps. Also, the backpack partially sits on the rear seat, which means wearing a backpack and riding with a pillion will be a major challenge. This is an important point to keep in mind.
I am getting the Carbonado GT3 by April to help with daily commutes and ease of mounting on the bike. I will couple this with a Carbonado ModPac Pro 30L which sorts out the rear luggage setup (no pillion). Not a huge fan of tank bags, but if I do get one, it would be the Viaterra Oxus non-magnetic tank bag.

3. The decision to cancel the Himalayan was purely a personal one. I did not want to buy the first iteration of a completely new motorcycle from the ground up. Moreover, my close friend has one, which will help in assessing the long-term reliability of the motorcycle. Perhaps by the end of next year, I will consider getting the rally version of the Himalayan as well, with tubeless spoked wheels for my long, adventurous stints and planned world travel (Sshh. Do not tell my parents )
In terms of daily useability, I think the Himalayan released more heat just on the test ride itself. The heat was primarily felt on the right side of the bike, around the ankles. Do not take my word as gospel. Talking to actual owners of the bike will be more accurate, as they live with it on a day-to-day basis and will be better equipped to give you the right feedback when compared to a test-ride vehicle from the showroom which faces regular abuse.
When it comes to the Super Meteor 650, I still think it is a wonderful machine with a brilliant chassis, if you can live with the limitations of suspension travel and steering rake angle. If you do not plan on doing extremely long distances, this could be your bike. It is purely a heart-based choice, not a practical one. It is more comfortable than the Interceptor, especially on the front suspension end. No pitching or bobbing like the Interceptor. The Inty is really good, especially with the new alloy wheel configuration. Do swap tyres to Vredesteins; the CEATs are horrendous in terms of grip but are more oriented toward longevity.

Ultimately, we get confused in this segment because as middle-class Indians, we look at price brackets and a do-it-all bike that offers good value for money and return on investment. I am not generalizing and insinuating that everyone approaches the buying decision in the same manner, but this seems to be the general conundrum. As every sensible automotive enthusiast says, please do a test ride on each bike and see which will sit well with you on a long-term basis. Personally, the Duke left me smiling and tugged at my heartstrings more than any other bike, so I went with it. Good luck with your purchase and please do not fall into the buyer's remorse category. Your motorcycle is your own; so cherish it in the present and live every moment unabashedly.

Last edited by vishal.jayakuma : 15th February 2024 at 12:56.
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:23   #6
BHPian

Hey Vishal, congrats on your new purchase! I used to own the first gens of Duke 200/390, and they were a bit raw and unrefined back then. However, I've heard they've come a long way in terms of engine and cycle parts quality.

Just a friendly tip on the seats – don't rush to change them just yet. Give it a month or two to get used to them. Harder seats tend to be more comfortable for long tours and cornering, as your butt can move more freely. I'm currently riding a Versys 650 with soft seating, and while it's great for quick errands, it can get pretty uncomfortable on the highway (you know what I mean!).

By the way, love the pics! Enjoy your rides! 😊🏍️
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:37   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your new bike! I also got mine a month back and I absolutely agree with everything you have mentioned as I was on the same boat as you. Couple of pointers from my side:
  • Seats are okayish but I don't think I will add any padding but rather get those gel/air seats as in my recent 200km-400km rides it only get uncomfortable in the later stages of the ride.
  • Few things that I dislike are the handlebar grips as they have given straightup plastic grips and these are bad, horn is just too feeble for highways and headlights do nothing.

Last edited by scarn : 15th February 2024 at 14:51. Reason: Minor edits
scarn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 15:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
Hey Vishal, congrats on your new purchase! I used to own the first gens of Duke 200/390, and they were a bit raw and unrefined back then. However, I've heard they've come a long way in terms of engine and cycle parts quality.

Just a friendly tip on the seats – don't rush to change them just yet. Give it a month or two to get used to them. Harder seats tend to be more comfortable for long tours and cornering, as your butt can move more freely. I'm currently riding a Versys 650 with soft seating, and while it's great for quick errands, it can get pretty uncomfortable on the highway (you know what I mean!).

By the way, love the pics! Enjoy your rides! 😊🏍️
Thank you Abhimanyu! The 1st gen BS3 Dukes were so raw in terms of performance. I miss that, but this new generation offers a lot in terms of features and overall quality. Can't really go wrong with any KTM
Yes, I will probably get Solace padded shorts for touring purposes. I do tend to have a soft bottom and haven't been used to riding in a long time as well, so that could be an added reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarn View Post
Congrats on your new bike! I also got mine a month back and I absolutely agree with everything you have mentioned as I was on the same boat as you. Couple of pointers from my side:
  • Seats are okayish but I don't think I will add any padding but rather get those gel/air seats as in my recent 200km-400km rides it only get uncomfortable in the later stages of the ride.
  • Few things that I dislike are the handlebar grips as they have given straightup plastic grips and these are bad, horn is just too feeble for highways and headlights do nothing.
Thank you so much Scarn! I'm glad to be part of the orange family.

Yes I will get a gel cushion eventually, to aid those long highway stints. +1 for the horn and headlights. Regarding grips, I forgot to mention that I installed Grip Puppies at the time of delivery; ordered from Riders Junction. These are amazing and contain vibrations on the handlebars to a great extent. Extremely comfortable.

P.S: Slightly off-topic, but if anybody from Chennai is interested to ride on Sunday early morning - please DM me and we will work it out
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:02   #9
BHPian

Hard seats are good.
1. They prevent numb bum on longer rides because you can maintain proper sitting posture. A soft seat is no different than building something on sand. The only real way to improve comfort is to improve fitness (and roads).
2. Engineers spend countless hours trying improve rigidity to the frame and the seat is a very important anchor point on the bike. Using a soft seat robs you of the feel of the bike drastically.
3. Also the stock seat is quite good in terms of grip that you can get away with not using tank pads for normal rides.

The horn is perfectly alright imo. With how good rollon acceleration is on the 390, there is never any need to honk because you can almost always safely overtake anything even at highway speeds. I think this is one of those bad habits people pick up from riding slower bikes.
hikozaru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 18:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
Hard seats are good.
1. They prevent numb bum on longer rides because you can maintain proper sitting posture. A soft seat is no different than building something on sand. The only real way to improve comfort is to improve fitness (and roads).
2. Engineers spend countless hours trying improve rigidity to the frame and the seat is a very important anchor point on the bike. Using a soft seat robs you of the feel of the bike drastically.
3. Also the stock seat is quite good in terms of grip that you can get away with not using tank pads for normal rides.

The horn is perfectly alright imo. With how good rollon acceleration is on the 390, there is never any need to honk because you can almost always safely overtake anything even at highway speeds. I think this is one of those bad habits people pick up from riding slower bikes.
Yes I agree that hard seats are great for longer distances. Perhaps it is the long break since my last bike that could be the major reason for saddle soreness. It is something that I have to get used to.

I have purchased tank grips from Autologue design and I am yet to install it. Just waiting for my tail tidy to arrive and will get both of them installed together.

Regarding the horn, yes it is just for those people who overtake inside the city and cut across without using mirrors or worse, having no mirrors. I use it to alert them that they are getting too close. Another thing that I have to get used to.
Old 15th February 2024, 18:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hard seats are good.

Agree on seats. For horn, I have encountered so many distracted people on roads that I use it as a reminder that I exist or I am going to overtake now. Especially auto drivers in Bangalore who just take U turns without even looking.
Old 15th February 2024, 19:28   #12
BHPian

Lol. There are two things I get flak for on this forum, one is my insistence that horns should not exist and the other is discarding mirrors on bikes. I just find horns to be a maladaptation from an era where people rode bikes with poor roll on accelerations, overloaded vehicles with shit brakes that their best shot at evading a poor situation is to have other people move away. This just gets worse because people often reach for the horn first before throttle or the brakes when they move to bigger bikes where these are no longer an issue. Another thing is horns are no guarantee that the other person will behave exactly the way you want. Perhaps they will move left instead of right, perhaps you will discover that they don't care and you will be close to rear ending them but brakes and throttle is something you are always in control of. An informative watch

Quote:
Regarding the horn, yes it is just for those people who overtake inside the city and cut across without using mirrors or worse, having no mirrors. I use it to alert them that they are getting too close.
I just slow down when such idiots are near me. Perhaps I am a saint, perhaps I simply have the luxury of patience of not caring about ETAs like delivery guys, I don't know. All I know is I have no obligation and cannot be arsed to alert people to do their own job while driving.

Quote:
Just waiting for my tail tidy to arrive and will get both of them installed together.
I am too scared of manholes leaking sewage to risk tail tidies allowing filth to settle on my back to do this lol.

That said, your bike, your money, your life, I am neither the police nor your guardian, ride what you want, however you want, enjoy your bike.
hikozaru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 20:27   #13
BHPian

Congratulations and have a great ownership experience. Totally love the way the new Duke rides.

Can you share the running in dos and don'ts that were recommended to you. Are the revs restricted electronically in any way before the 1st service?
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 10:42   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Lol. There are two things I get flak for on this forum, one is my insistence that horns should not exist and the other is discarding mirrors on bikes. I just find horns to be a maladaptation from an era where people rode bikes with poor roll on accelerations, overloaded vehicles with shit brakes that their best shot at evading a poor situation is to have other people move away. This just gets worse because people often reach for the horn first before throttle or the brakes when they move to bigger bikes where these are no longer an issue. Another thing is horns are no guarantee that the other person will behave exactly the way you want. Perhaps they will move left instead of right, perhaps you will discover that they don't care and you will be close to rear ending them but brakes and throttle is something you are always in control of.
I agree. Thank you for your valuable input. The stock mirrors for the Duke are the same exact mirrors that you get on the Dominar. They are really sturdy and do not vibrate a lot. But visibility is pretty poor in terms of my shoulder obstructing half the view, but the front view is something which I will get used to. I am planning to get good quality bar end mirrors from Amazon US and they will be brought back by my parents when they come back from US in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Congratulations and have a great ownership experience. Totally love the way the new Duke rides.

Can you share the running in dos and don'ts that were recommended to you. Are the revs restricted electronically in any way before the 1st service?
Thank you Kedar!
I did not receive any running-in instructions. They are available on the KTM app. I just checked it out and the revs are limited to 7.5K rpm for the first 1000km. I try not to cross 6K rpm too often. The only times that I have hit the limiter is when heat rises to 98 degrees in traffic and I want to attack an empty stretch to feel the air. There is also no launch control at the moment, which is not a huge concern as I don't plan on using it. I will probably try it on an empty road to see how it works, post-first service.

Last edited by vishal.jayakuma : 16th February 2024 at 10:50. Reason: Checked the KTM manual
Old 17th February 2024, 12:11   #15
BHPian

Few things I want to confirm from a fellow owner:
  • How much is your vertical clutch play? I think mine is a bit much to the point where I think I can hear a rattling noise from it.
  • Panel Gaps: Do you also have more gap in one of the side shrouds at the point where it connects to the tank? I asked the svc guys and they said all of the bikes have this gap which I don't believe.
  • Does the plastic panel below the seat on the right side looser than the one on the right side in your bike too? If not I will just push the SVC guys to fix these.

Last edited by scarn : 17th February 2024 at 12:25. Reason: minor typos fix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks