Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 X launched with a larger battery & improved range

Ola Electric has launched a new variant of the S1 X with a larger battery pack priced at Rs 1.10 lakh (ex-showroom).

Ola S1 X launched with a larger battery & improved range-gfupibsauaad1sm.jpg

The S1 X is now available with a 4 kWh battery pack that is said to offer a maximum range of 190 km on a single charge. It takes 6 hours and 30 minutes to charge the battery.

Ola S1 X launched with a larger battery & improved range-gfuke29b0aa3ex9.jpg

The larger battery pack does take a toll on the scooter’s overall weight. The S1 X 4 kWh version weighs 4 kg more than the standard S1 X and has a claimed top speed of 90 km/h.

Ola S1 X launched with a larger battery & improved range-gfuke3na0aajrw2.jpg

The Ola S1 X 4 kWh version is available in seven colour options - Red Velocity, Midnight, Vogue, Stellar, Funk, Porcelain White and Liquid Silver.

Ola Electric has also announced an 8-year / 80,000 km battery warranty on its entire e-scooter line-up. For an additional Rs 5,000, customers can extend the warranty to 1.25 lakh km.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd February 2024 at 18:07.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 19:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 X launched with a larger battery & improved range

Seems like ola will soon become POCO of electric scooters, but 8 year warranty is really great though
nithishsaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 19:42   #3
BHPian

8 year warranty on battery and replacement with no questions asked is great. How will Ather respond to this is going to be interesting.
God bless the competition
Jordygt500 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 00:23   #4
BHPian

I am not sure how good or reliable OLA scooters are. I think it's too early for OLA to be as popular or trustworthy as an Activa. Although 8 years is a long time to provide warranty, I am sure there will be some catch to it.
SS80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:25   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
I am not sure how good or reliable OLA scooters are. I think it's too early for OLA to be as popular or trustworthy as an Activa. Although 8 years is a long time to provide warranty, I am sure there will be some catch to it.
The catch is from now onwards OLA now only provides this "Battery Only" 8-year warranty and the earlier Comprehensive Warranty coverage option for Rs. 7299 for 5 years is no longer available, so the Motor, Head unit, and other parts are covered only for 3 years.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:36   #6
BHPian

Thinking of Ola as a possible alternative to Activas/Jupiter is nothing but a sad joke. I am actively asking my friends to avoid falling into the trap of Ola ownership because of their swanky ads.

Let them pay the price for making their current owners suffer and show that they can back up their product with decent service standards.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks