Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp to set up assembly plant in Nepal

Hero MotoCorp has announced that it will set up an assembly plant in Nepal. The new facility is being installed in partnership with CG Motors.

Hero MotoCorp to set up assembly plant in Nepal-herohfdeluxerightfrontthreequarter3.jpg

Hero’s new assembly unit will be located in Nawalpur district and have a capacity of 75,000 units per annum. Operations are expected to begin at the new facility in March 2024.

Commenting on the latest development, Sanjay Bhan, Head – Global Business, Hero MotoCorp said, “With their vast expertise and diversified knowledge, Chaudhary Group (CG) will provide an enormous fillip to our operations here.”

Bhan also stated that the company plans to strengthen its operations across the country and introduce a range of new products.

Hero MotoCorp launched its products in the Nepalese market in 2014. The bikemaker currently sells the Super Splendor, Glamour, HF Deluxe, Xpulse 200, Destini 125, Maestro Edge and Pleasure+ in the market.

Source: ET Auto

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 12:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp to set up assembly plant in Nepal

This is great news! As someone who owned a Hero motorcycle in Nepal in my college days, I can speak with experience that the motorcycles being assembled by dealers/distributors leads to a lot of QC and QA issues.

My Xpulse 200 came without the alternator wire properly connected which led to the battery not being charged while the motorcycle was running. That was located only later and had to be rectified at a service center. While my issue was a minor one, I have heard about bigger issues from other Hero owners in Kathmandu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks