Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2024, 18:48   #856
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
I have exactly the same issue. I use M size gloves and feel the the himalayan 450s clutch lever to be way out. Its much more than other bikes. It feels more than the himalayan 411 too. Operating the clutch with just two fingers puts too much strain on the hand. Have been searching online for adjustable levers but nothing to be found - it's still early days. I did see online videos where people have bent stock levers by heating with blowtorch but I suspect I may destroy the lever if I experiment with the blow torch.
Early days my fingers. It did not take my left thumb more than a week to get deformed for the riding position. Since the 450 launch, RE has been using the dial style pass switch on all their bikes, taking the piss out of people's thumbs. I can live with that even, but what really gets me is that they are happy selling overpriced junk accessories like headlight grills but won't sell adjustable levers. It is these small things that make me never want to even ride a RE again, let alone buying one.
hikozaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:06   #857
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Check YouTuber Abhinav. He just got it installed
Yes, I did too. Actually that bike behind his in that video was mine , pending for ECU and tubeless conversion.
That ECU Remap brings a considerable difference in NVH and smoothness in power delivery, something that wasn't completely resolved with FuelX.
There's an issue with seat closure though when you run bunch of accessories like FuelX, Piggyback ECU, Fog lamps, etc - not just on rally seat but also on regular seats. There's simply not enough room for all of it in there.

Last edited by rishi.roger : 16th September 2024 at 19:08.
rishi.roger is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks