Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2024, 10:42   #826

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Recently got the Hanle black, on Monday, completed 500kms and had the first service on friday, had a ride planned to Pune from Ahmedabad today, but strangly, after the service during washing, the pressurised water went into the instrument cluster and it stopped working. They said they will have to order the part as it isnt available anywhere in the city, so would have to wait for a few weeks. I also reported the RH pulling issue to them, but they seemed a bit clueless, adjusted some nuts and the spokes, but the issue is still there, i guess i'll take that up with a service center in pune.

So anyways, the next day the dash started working, but still i could see water in there. Now I have noticed an issue, that the fuel consumption is consistently about 23-24kmpl, i noticed it before the service too, and now again, even on Highways, it goes max till 26-27kmpl. And If i rev out to 6k rpm and cruise at 120 vibe free then it reduces and goes to back to 22-23kmpl. What could be the issue here? The fuel efficiency figures are from the trip meters. Distances over and above 40/50 kms. Any Idea?
mikael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 21:04   #827
Senior - BHPian

This evening, I had the opportunity to test ride the Himalayan, and I must express my disappointment. The ride was brief, conducted on a newly paved road that was mostly smooth, save for a few speed bumps.

Upon starting the bike, it emitted an unusual, gruff sound, which I initially attributed to it being a a test ride vehicle. With my wife accompanying me as a passenger, I found the ride to be quite rough, with significant vibrations even at a speed of 30 km/h. Each gear shift was accompanied by a loud noise, which I can only describe as a grating sound. Ultimately, I left the test ride feeling disheartened, uncertain whether the issues stemmed from it being a test ride bike or if they are indicative of its performance after some mileage.

Should I consider arranging another test ride at a different dealership?
Old 25th August 2024, 23:16   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
A big yes. Something about the motorcycle had you gravitating towards it in the first place.
I believe you should give it another shot at a different dealership where one hopes the vehicle is in better condition.
And in case dealers aren't offering you a long enough test ride, consider renting one.

All the very best! Always exciting with a motorcycle purchase.
shyamg28 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 06:08   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Even the bike I test rode on had significant vibrations at all RPMs. One look at the bike and I knew it was in a terrible condition. Yet I want ahead with the purchase because I knew a brand new bike wouldn't have any of those vibes. Now after 2800 kilometres on the machine, I can safely say the following:
1) Best bike for our Indian road conditions. Glides over anything and everything. This is the only vehicle on which I smile if I see a bad patch of road.
2) A mild buzz that exists between 100-105 kmph. It's barely felt if I have my gloves on. Beyond 105 kmph, it starts to even out and there's no buzz over 110 kmph.
3) Towering road presence.
4) Comfortable seating position. Have done 150 kilometres non-stop.
5) The brakes are spot on. But it squeaks especially in cold condition.
true_sedan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 09:27   #830

Hello Guys,

Yesterday after washing my bike, I took the bike to fill up petrol. As soon as I opened the lid, to my horror the water is the sides rushed into the tank (20-30 ml I guess). I immediately cleaned the remaining water with a cloth and took the bike home. Upon inspection I found out that the drain hole was clogged. I sprayed some WD40 and it seemed to unclog the hole. The bike started normally today morning & seems running fine (commuted to office ~ 22 kms). What do you suggest I do? Do I need to take it take to service center for a thorough check up?

Lessons learnt: Before a wash check the water drain hole in the tank first!
Old 26th August 2024, 10:51   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
A big yes. Something about the motorcycle had you gravitating towards it in the first place.
thank you. Yes, I will plan for another test ride at a different dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Even the bike I test rode on had significant vibrations at all RPMs. One look at the bike and I knew it was in a terrible condition. Yet I want ahead with the purchase because I knew a brand new bike wouldn't have any of those vibes. Now after 2800 kilometres on the machine, I can safely say the following:
1) Best bike for our Indian road conditions. Glides over anything and everything. This is the only vehicle on which I smile if I see a bad patch of road.
2) A mild buzz that exists between 100-105 kmph. It's barely felt if I have my gloves on. Beyond 105 kmph, it starts to even out and there's no buzz over 110 kmph.
3) Towering road presence.
4) Comfortable seating position. Have done 150 kilometres non-stop.
5) The brakes are spot on. But it squeaks especially in cold condition.
Thank you for the points. Points 1 and 4 is what is making me gravitate towards this bike.

My concern is about how the new bike will behave at around similar kms on the odo as the test ride bike with vibrations and other noises creeping in. Will park the concerns until after I test ride at another dealership.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 11:55   #832
BHPian

Quote:
thank you. Yes, I will plan for another test ride at a different dealership.

Thank you for the points. Points 1 and 4 is what is making me gravitate towards this bike.

My concern is about how the new bike will behave at around similar kms on the odo as the test ride bike with vibrations and other noises creeping in. Will park the concerns until after I test ride at another dealership.
Since you are in bangalore, the 450 is available for rent, with royal brothers. Take it out for a ride. That is how i decided.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 13:19   #833
BHPian

Although renting out a bike appears like a good call, I have apprehensions about it. When I was considering this for trying out my next ride options, I came across a lot of negative reviews for the renting companies in Bangalore. As one can expect, rental bikes are not handled particularly well and if they are not maintained very well, it may confuse us even more.
Old 26th August 2024, 13:42   #834
Senior - BHPian

Trust me if it is new, you will get a good idea while renting. Indians abuse the rental vehicle like crazy
Old 26th August 2024, 21:02   #835
BHPian

Have been running pillar to post to get decent service from either of the service centres!

I need adjustment to my clutch and oil replacement at the upcoming 5K service! Any references in south Bangalore at the authorised service centre will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2024, 17:05   #836

Regarding Handlebar - Stem Fasteners Replacement Kit

Does anyone feel that the handlebar is a little flexing in the new batches (including GRR 450). I observed these changes after the Stem Bolts were replaced during the service. This came as a default entry in the job card. So guess RE is replacing it for all the initial models.
Old 28th August 2024, 17:44   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourer23 View Post
Hello Guys,

Yesterday after washing my bike, I took the bike to fill up petrol. As soon as I opened the lid, to my horror the water is the sides rushed into the tank (20-30 ml I guess). I immediately cleaned the remaining water with a cloth and took the bike home. Upon inspection I found out that the drain hole was clogged. I sprayed some WD40 and it seemed to unclog the hole. The bike started normally today morning & seems running fine (commuted to office ~ 22 kms). What do you suggest I do? Do I need to take it take to service center for a thorough check up?
I have experienced this every single time it rains or when I wash the bike, call it a design flaw? This happened multiple times, and I did experience the bike jerking a bit but not too much. Now I just have a cloth very close to the fuel cap and as soon as I open I just close the fuel tank opening with that cloth which prevents the water from entering the fuel tank.
ThatWhitei20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 12:49   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Have been running pillar to post to get decent service from either of the service centres!

I need adjustment to my clutch and oil replacement at the upcoming 5K service! Any references in south Bangalore at the authorised service centre will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Sent you a PM.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 09:25   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhitei20 View Post
I have experienced this every single time it rains or when I wash the bike, call it a design flaw? This happened multiple times, and I did experience the bike jerking a bit but not too much. Now I just have a cloth very close to the fuel cap and as soon as I open I just close the fuel tank opening with that cloth which prevents the water from entering the fuel tank.
I hope this doesn't happen often! Fortunately I did not experience any jerking. However, the fuel gauge seems to be misbehaving (shows more fuel than reality and DTE reduces drastically ~ double the actual kms run). I will see if this persists while filling fuel again and take next actions.
Old 31st August 2024, 18:08   #840
BHPian

Anyone got the joystick replaced under warranty yet? Mines been increasingly hit or miss, and today it seems to have finally completely conked off.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240831_122304771.jpg  

Shur'tugal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks