Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2024, 14:17   #781
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Handlebar has been replaced. When they initially finished the work, I inspected it and felt the new one was also askew (on centre stand, straight handle - could see less of showa on one side).

They agreed and then checked again, said one of the washers had gotten spoilt, showed me the tear and replaced that as well.

I still felt it was askew post, but it seemed better, and they insisted it is not perfect in any bike. Rides better, but something is still off. Bike is definitely pulling a little to the right, and if I hit a pothole, the handle snaps in my hand a bit too much.

Could some members share pictures of the cockpit when handle bars is straight? Want to see how it is for others.

Thanks
Here are some pictures. Focus on the Showa logos. Is it the same on your bike?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240726_035834759.mp.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240726_035846257.mp.jpg  

Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 18:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Here are some pictures. Focus on the Showa logos. Is it the same on your bike?
Decided to fix it myself. Found this video, followed his advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240727_122306469.jpg  

Shur'tugal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:59   #783

Greetings BHPians!

Any recommendations on places to install Aux lights for my Himalayan 450, in Bangalore / Chennai? I'm looking at the below options, please help in deciding between these:

1. Maddog Alpha - ₹ 9749 for the lights, ₹ 15750 for the harness, switch, filters and clamps included.

2. Motorfans L6R-v3 - ₹ 21800 for the harness, switch, filters and clamps included.

3. Gold Runway GR-40X - ₹ 21500 for the harness, switch, filters and clamps included. Gold Runway also has a GR-X4, what is the difference between this and the GR-40X?

What would be the approximate installation cost for these lights? Also some of these models have a "Spot" and a "Combo" model available, which would be the better option to go for?
Old 1st August 2024, 13:49   #784
BHPian

You can evaluate this option too that replaces the stock headlight: https://vaishnu.com/product/vaishnu-...himalayan-452/

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbiceps00 View Post
Greetings BHPians!
Any recommendations on places to install Aux lights for my Himalayan 450, in Bangalore / Chennai? I'm looking at the below options, please help in deciding between these:
Old 2nd August 2024, 01:08   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Update about an issue:

Odometer has crossed the 4000KMs mark and the experience has been alright so far. I am gradually starting to like the bike. Noise from the rear brake pads area has subsided to a large extent. The engine seems to have smoothened quite a bit with highway rides getting more and more comfortable.

But, last Tuesday, the check egine light popped up showing 'Error in selected ride mode' on the instrument cluster(I have never tried to change the ride mode, I like the default ride mode - 'Performance ABS On'). The error led to the engine getting to some sort of limp mode with RPM maxing out at 4500. The bike would struggle to build acceleration and the maximum speed would be around 90KMPH under full throttle in 6th gear. I took the the bike to RE service center on Friday (07.06.24). They ran diagnostics, sent the error screenshot to RE guys at the backend, swapped the instrument cluster with that of the test ride bike at the service center, reinstalled my bike's instrument cluster back on it, deleted the error codes and spent around an hour trying to diagnose and rectify the issue. They could get rid of the error code finally, went for a short test ride and the bike started running normally with throttle response and RPMs restored. Upon enquiring about the reason for the error, all they could say was that water must have seeped into the istrument cluster and led to faulty error message(I haven't really ridden in the monsoons yet, the bike has only been in a drizzle once so far!) . They said the bike has no mechanical/engine issues. In any case, I have ridden about 60KMs on the highway today and it's responding well with no lag in throttle response, so far so good.
Has anyone else faced this issue?
-Regards
Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue. I took my vehicle to the service center multiple times. They even replaced the sensor 2 times, but it is coming back again. The service center has no idea what's going on and I'm stuck with the error on my bike. Water can not be a cause for the error, at least not in my case.

Along with this, my vehicle is showing 6th gear instead of 1st most of the time. I'm wondering if that is related.

Also, the nature of the error is undefined. Sometimes it comes while riding the bike at higher rpm (more than 4000) and sometimes it comes on my first ignition of the day.
RaviSk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 08:51   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviSk View Post
Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue. I took my vehicle to the service center multiple times. They even replaced the sensor 2 times, but it is coming back again. The service center has no idea what's going on and I'm stuck with the error on my bike. Water can not be a cause for the error, at least not in my case.

Along with this, my vehicle is showing 6th gear instead of 1st most of the time. I'm wondering if that is related.

Also, the nature of the error is undefined. Sometimes it comes while riding the bike at higher rpm (more than 4000) and sometimes it comes on my first ignition of the day.
Request your local ASC to raise a technical complaint with RE. A RE technician from Royal Enfield HQ will be assigned to take a look at your bike and fix the issue.
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:29   #787
BHPian

Quote:
...............en this and the GR-40X?

What would be the approximate installation cost for these lights? Also some of these models have a "Spot" and a "Combo" model available, which would be the better option to go for?
The GR-4X comes with a Spot and flood combo. whereas the GR-40X comes with only a spot lens.

The spot and combo lens option would be preferred as it will light up the periphery also a bit.

In Chennai, the Maddop lights and Future Eyes ( similar to motorfans) are availble with Motogearperformance Shop on Mount Road. They do not do the installation, but they do redirect you to a person who will do the installation.

Witnessed the said person perform installation of Maddog Alpha on an interceptor and it was clean but could have been better. The lights and the bike are running well without any issues for the last couple of years.

Regarding the lights themselves, all these lights have good reviews so your budget and how frequently you are going to be doing night rides will help you zone in on the lights.
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:09   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
You can evaluate this option too that replaces the stock headlight: https://vaishnu.com/product/vaishnu-...himalayan-452/
I too recently came across this headlight replacement option. Had been wondering why nobody had considered this as an alternative to installing aux lights.

After all, both (aux lights as well as this headlight) are P&P, both would have the same warranty implications, etc. In fact the headlight is cheaper than most aux light models.

Unless there's some other reason I am not aware of. Perhaps the tech experts here could throw some light.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2024 at 16:15. Reason: Please do not type with excessive dots… like… this…
Old 4th August 2024, 18:49   #789

Hi,

Sharing my experience with the 'Adventure Rear View Mirrors' (Doubletake mirrors lookalike) on my Himalayan 450 after riding today for about 165km. Purchased this from Skyboys.shop, came in good packaging. I got these hoping it would be an inexpensive alternative to the OEM ones.

Two issues I faced: 1) The ball joints are not good, and kept moving over the slightest speed bump even after tightening them to the maximum. 2) Post 35-40kmph these mirrors shake like a leaf to a point where you can't even recognise the vehicles in the rear view mirror.

Has anyone used the touring mirror from RE? Would love to hear your experience! Here is a picture of my Himalayan with these mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-rdph4503.jpg  

ThatWhitei20 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 19:22   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhitei20 View Post
Sharing my experience with the 'Adventure Rear View Mirrors' (Doubletake mirrors lookalike) on my Himalayan 450 after riding today for about 165km. Purchased this from Skyboys.shop, came in good packaging. I got these hoping it would be an inexpensive alternative to the OEM ones.
Exactly the review I was waiting for. Those who bought the original swear by them. I just cannot stomach the pricing no matter what justification the guy who bought the original keep giving.
pedrolourenco is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:56   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Exactly the review I was waiting for. Those who bought the original swear by them. I just cannot stomach the pricing no matter what justification the guy who bought the original keep giving.
Same. Both the RAM & Double take mirrors are priced around 16k, but the rear view visibility coverage is so much better with these mirrors compared to the stock mirrors! Will wait for someone to share their experience with the RE touring mirrors and take a call.
ThatWhitei20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 22:20   #792

1. Went to RE BTM service centre yesterday and got the spokes tightened. The bike is neutral now above 60kmph. Below 60kmph, right pulling issue is evident - advisor says it is "normal" behavior. Do I escalate or accept?

2. Some noise from front end when going over potholes - As per advisor this was addressed by tightening engine mounting & other bolts to spec. No answer on the frequency of tightening nor on how the bolts are getting loose.

This is genuinely hampering the ownership experience!
TheTourer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 22:25   #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhitei20 View Post
Has anyone used the touring mirror from RE? Would love to hear your experience! Here is a picture of my Himalayan with these mirrors.
I have the touring mirrors from RE on my 2024 Himalayan 450. And these are pretty buzz free till speeds of 120kmph. I got these installed right on delivery so I do not know what the stock mirrors perform like. But I used to ride a 2021 Classic 350 (J-Series) with stock mirrors prior and they were useless post 80 kmph.
anurag344 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 11:46   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourer23 View Post
1. Went to RE BTM service centre yesterday and got the spokes tightened. The bike is neutral now above 60kmph. Below 60kmph, right pulling issue is evident - advisor says it is "normal" behavior. Do I escalate or accept?

2. Some noise from front end when going over potholes - As per advisor this was addressed by tightening engine mounting & other bolts to spec. No answer on the frequency of tightening nor on how the bolts are getting loose.

This is genuinely hampering the ownership experience!
1) SC messes things up always. Most of them don't approach things in a calculated precise manner. They just bang on the handlebar and the front wheel until the right side pulling issue is gone. Doing it incorrectly may cause handlebar to tilt to one side and create new problems along the way. It's best to ignore the issue and enjoy the motorcycle. Himalayan is a top heavy bike and I wouldn't dare take my hands of the handlebar at any speed. So my suggestion is same as the SCs - ignore it.

2) If you feel something is so badly tightened that it causes noise, then zero in on the bolt causing the issue and then tell SC to tighten it to torque spec. Tell them to do it in your presence. If it's a minor noise, don't fret. The same reason from point 1 applies to this too. SCs just don't approach any issue in a proper manner.

Even my motorbike has the right pulling issue. But it has never hampered the driving experience. Enjoy riding the motorcycle.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 12:12   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
The GR-4X comes with a Spot and flood combo. whereas the GR-40X comes with only a spot lens.
I bought the GR-40X and it comes with both spot and flood beams.

The product description does not mention this but take a look here - https://goldrunwaylights.in/spec/

Quote:
I would suggest the Gold Runway GR-40X.

The illumination is superb and I could easily cruise at triple-digit speeds in the dark. Worth every penny and I chose this one after quite a bit of research.

Yes, it costs a bit more compared to the MadDog lights but the performance is miles ahead.

For installation, you can go to Highlander or to Bike n Biker.

I got the installation done at Highlander and it cost me 1200 bucks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th August 2024 at 12:13.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks