Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 19:30   #766

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Is anyone else having a lot of problem with the analog input for the bike in the rain? My input stops working frequently, and also often is giving ghost inputs without me touching it. Have seen the trip meter just reset itself!

This has rendered the maps, music etc basically useless.

More worryingly, today I was unavailable to use the mode button. Super rainy day in Mumbai so I thought I’d put it in performance eco mode just to see how it is, found myself unable to change modes back to normal.

Apparently the part can be replaced in warranty.
Hi, I did experience the same issue yesterday after my ride from Madikeri to Bangalore, midway the mode button was not responding and the joystick down was malfunctioning, will be taking the bike to the service centre tomorrow and update.
ThatWhitei20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 22:31   #767
Senior - BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Slate Himalayan Salt Himalayan 450 yesterday. Yes I had booked the Hanle Black at Saini Motors, Margao but finally bought the bike from Auto Guides, Panjim.
Very long story about the pathetic experience at Saini that made me not buy from them. I'll give a brief summary.

I had booked the bike while I was on the ship. From the beginning the response from the SA was really bad. He was not bothered to reply to my queries. Then he gave no option for me to book by paying through bank transfer. He had no clue about extended warranty and service. My wife went and did the payment. They made her wait for a long time. Finally when I came down the bike was in stock. I made the full payment on Thursday. Till Friday they kept saying that they have not received the money. Around 2PM I got a message that the transaction has been reversed. I called and asked and they said there was some issue with their bank. When I asked they was not ready to say if the issue was resoled but told me to retry the payment. I said I am not retrying until I know they have resolved the issue. I said I wanted delivery on Monday. They say they can't guarantee that even if the bank issue is resolved as their trade licence has expired and RTO is not registering their vehicles. Again no commitment on when they will get that issue resolved. I told them to just cancel the booking.

Called up the Enfield Garage Cafe and they said there is a 3-4 months waiting. Next I called the Panjim dealer Auto Guides. They had Kaza Brown and Slate Himalayan Salt in stock. Went on Saturday and booked the Slate Himalayan Salt. Could not make the full payment as I had to wait 3 hrs for the beneficiary to be active on my app. Went to the bank and did a RTGS. It was already 6 PM and the dealer was shutting for the day so they said to take the papers on Monday. Monday morning I collected the papers, did the insurance and rushed to RTO. There was a Taxi being registered before me and they had some problem so I could not get it done before lunch. Did the registration post lunch and later went with my wife and son to collect the bike. Reached there when the were ready to leave for the day but the waited for me. Number plates should be ready tomorrow.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-4ff9b4b29f7041109ac17cdae08be57e.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-40694d8293a14ca5b1b85e02b730d709.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-91004df113f4473e9c4733f9bc58b8ba.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-254391018cc245b5ae9950fe257f62d0.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-5436c3d6bf3c41acba28a267107b31ae.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-56a2df07c9b64a98a7c6668fee83492c.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-29acb78876d84098b2db3898c6539cc6.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1406.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1356.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 25th July 2024 at 07:35.
pedrolourenco is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 01:25   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Finally took delivery of my Slate Himalayan Salt Himalayan 450 yesterday. Yes I had booked the Hanle Black at Saini Motors, Margao but finally bought the bike from Auto Guides, Panjim.
Congratulations. Among the sea of hanle blacks, kamet whites and kaza browns, your himmy colour is refreshing. I think this is the first Himalayan in this colour on team bhp. Looks stunning. In the initial 250-300 kilometres, you'll face vibrations throughout the rev band. It will settle as you put in the kilometres. Just check out this one small thing: clutch free play. It should be between 9-11 mm. My stock bike had 35 mm which is QC oversight on REs part. Wishing you many happy miles.

Last edited by true_sedan : 24th July 2024 at 01:26.
true_sedan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:35   #769
BHPian

Is there any way to adjust the gear level position ?. I feel the lever is positioned a bit more shallow from the foot rest . Getting mild pain in my calf muscle while continuously riding with too much play on gears.
Old 24th July 2024, 11:55   #770

Hey, you can refer this and do it yourself or take it up to any mechanic and get it done in a minute or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post

For those who are wondering how to do it, we need to unscrew this top Allen bolt marked in blue circle. Pull out the lever and insert it back with prefered angle. Then insert the bolt back and tighten.

Attachment 2622671
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Is there any way to adjust the gear level position ?. I feel the lever is positioned a bit more shallow from the foot rest . Getting mild pain in my calf muscle while continuously riding with too much play on gears.
sv5lh44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 12:08   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv5lh44 View Post
Hey, you can refer this and do it yourself or take it up to any mechanic and get it done in a minute or two!
Thanks for Sharing !. Didn't know it was this simple . I will only try to adjust it .

Last edited by BulZire : 24th July 2024 at 12:09.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 18:42   #772
BHPian

Finally bit the bullet..errrrr...i dont mean the Royal Enfield Bullet

Thank you to all members contributing to the forum and sharing valuable insights and experiences. Few from forum also happen to be friends from another forum and group..thank you for regularly sharing your feedback and updates..

Introducing LightFury!

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-bike.jpg

First picture with Toothless - the garage mate, after the customary pooja
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-tl.jpg
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 18:54   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congratulations. Among the sea of hanle blacks, kamet whites and kaza browns, your himmy colour is refreshing.
Thanks.

Quote:
I think this is the first Himalayan in this colour on team bhp. Looks stunning.
Not sure of that but even I Goa I don't see many of the Slate Poppy too. Most are Hanle Black and Kamet White.

Quote:
In the initial 250-300 kilometres, you'll face vibrations throughout the rev band. It will settle as you put in the kilometres. Just check out this one small thing: clutch free play. It should be between 9-11 mm. My stock bike had 35 mm which is QC oversight on REs part. Wishing you many happy miles.
Thanks for the info. Will check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhgupta710 View Post
Finally bit the bullet..errrrr...i dont mean the Royal Enfield Bullet
Congratulations.

Yesterday I found a stud in my parking. Checked everywhere and couldn't find anything missing. Sent the photo to the dealer and he also said its not from the bike. The only new thing in my front porch was the Himalayan. I was convinced it was a part of the bike. Anyway I put it in my pocket and rode to the dealer as he had told me that my HSRP's had arrived. The put the bike on the main stand to fix the plates and realised the missing stud was from the left side of the main stand where it mounts to the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-photo20240723185923-2.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-photo20240723185923-3.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-photo20240723185923-4.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-photo20240723185923.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-view-recent-photos.jpeg  

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 24th July 2024 at 18:57.
pedrolourenco is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 19:12   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Paid 5998 for EW+RSA 3 weekss ago in hyderabad. i booked in dec, so had price lock on the bike. Not sure if they hiked EW+RSA along with the new price or if the price is different in different cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The RTO includes Roadtax, HSRP and misc.
You can bargain for some accessories with the sales people at the time of booking.
Only way to reduce cost is to go with another insurance provider. You can get zero dep insurance from Acko or Digit etc that will be much lower.

An open face helmet is generally given with every bike.

Thank you both, managed to get a good deal!
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 22:13   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Handlebar needs to be replaced. Handlebar is (obviously) not in stock. Quite annoyed - this is completely my fault, but the Handlebar on an adventure bike should be able to take a fall at a standstill speed. Not enjoying my introduction to owning an RE.

Any solutions that could work as a stopgap? I thought of getting an AOM Handlebar, but the SC won't install it, and I'm afraid of doing anything on this bike that can affect warranty.
Handlebar has been replaced. When they initially finished the work, I inspected it and felt the new one was also askew (on centre stand, straight handle - could see less of showa on one side).

They agreed and then checked again, said one of the washers had gotten spoilt, showed me the tear and replaced that as well.

I still felt it was askew post, but it seemed better, and they insisted it is not perfect in any bike. Rides better, but something is still off. Bike is definitely pulling a little to the right, and if I hit a pothole, the handle snaps in my hand a bit too much.

Could some members share pictures of the cockpit when handle bars is straight? Want to see how it is for others.

Thanks
Shur'tugal is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 00:16   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Handlebar has been replaced. When they initially finished the work, I inspected it and felt the new one was also askew (on centre stand, straight handle - could see less of showa on one side).

I still felt it was askew post, but it seemed better, and they insisted it is not perfect in any bike. Rides better, but something is still off. Bike is definitely pulling a little to the right, and if I hit a pothole, the handle snaps in my hand a bit too much.

Thanks
Not the same motorcycle but still a Royal Enfield Himalayan:

https://www.royalenfieldowners.com/i...andlebar.3282/

I have dropped my Suzuki DR650 several times and the handlebar is still perfect.

RE's are built to a cost and we need to take some matters in our own hands! Motorcyclists in the west replace well built factory handlebars too (on Japanese brand motorcycles for instance) with higher quality/better ergonomic design handlebars. Renthal and Protaper are two popular high quality aftermarket handlebar brands.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 09:52   #777

Hello Himalayan 450 owners,

I have purchased a Hanle black Himalayan 450 in April this year & I am excited to explore more with the bike.

I have below issues which bother me:

1. Right pulling issue : Although Stem bolts are replaced as per SOP and spoke tightened (thrice now at various service centres in Mangalore & Bangalore), I still feel that steering is not neutral and pulling is still evident!

2. Extremely reactive nature: Even the smallest undulations are felt from the rear wheel. I verified if my rear tyre pressure is the issue, but the tyre pressures were fine.

Any feedback/help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th July 2024 at 09:53.
Old 25th July 2024, 12:43   #778

Quote:
Handlebar has been replaced.
I also faced the same issue. Handlebar was bent after the fall. But I installed art of motorcycle one..and this one sustained another fall.

Simple stationary fall even damaged my touring mirror.

Nearby bullet mechanic offered to repair old handlebar. will post once i get it repaired.
Old 25th July 2024, 14:31   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still felt it was askew post, but it seemed better, and they insisted it is not perfect in any bike.
Handlebar is not perfectly straight or aligned properly on any bike is absolutely insane. How on earth can they even say something like that. This attitude is infuriating beyond words

Most Viewed