Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 00:29   #706
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

An update to the fuelX pro after playing around with different settings for 1000 kilometres:

1) Setting 8 is the best for highway runs. It reduces the buzz between 100-110 kmph by a huge margin. The buzz is still there but it's a lot lot better now.

2) There is a tradeoff at riding at setting 8 on highways. Fuel economy has dropped by 3 kmpl on the same stretch of highway at similar speed. I usually ride between 90-105 kmph. This is a tradeoff I'm willing to accept.

3) Setting 5 or 6 is best for city runs. The thrashing at low speed on higher gears is suppressed to a great extent. It has considerably reduced the number of downshifts without compromising on the fuel economy.

4) I've played around with different fuels and airfilters so far:
At setting 8:
* Way2speed airfilter + XP95 petrol: No improvement. FuelX is designed for regular 91 octane fuel.
* Stock airfilter + XP95 petrol: Same story as above.
* Stock airfilter + Regular fuel: This is where the fuelX shines. The above 3 point observations are with this combination.
* NO fuelX + stock air filter + XP95 petrol: This is the poor man's fuelX. Smoothness is a lot better compared to the regular fuel. But not at the level of fuelX on regular fuel.

5) My next objective is to try one last combination: way2speed + regular fuel at setting 8 on fuelX. I somehow feel this will the best combination. But fingers crossed for now. Hope my 3200 rupees investment doesn't go down the drain.

Stay tuned for more updates.
true_sedan is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:59   #707
Senior - BHPian

So many taking to FuelXPro to fix the lack of low end. How is everyone planning to deal with warranty issues if / when required?
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:28   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
So many taking to FuelXPro to fix the lack of low end. How is everyone planning to deal with warranty issues if / when required?
On a rather soft mirthful note: RE has much more pressing issues to take care of rather than FX voiding warranty causing issues or leaving a rider stranded.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 22:01   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Have thought about this extensively. But I'm ready to take that chance. I don't think anything will go wrong. Yet to see a horror story where fuelX has broken down a vehicle causing warranty issues. And as a backup plan I've become good at removing the fuel tank and airbox. I can remove the fuelX at roadside if it ever breaks down and needs to be towed to the service center. Having used fuelX and seeing what it can do to improve the vehicle, I'm not prepared to go back to bone stock.
true_sedan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 08:02   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Just the color nothing else!
Rims are made by the same company ! Just the black demands a premium!
Hanle black has yellow rims that are made in Japan and are anodised. The rest have black rims.
Old 4th July 2024, 08:42   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
I gave my bike for water wash today at nearby washing center. My horm seems not working afterwards. Now I have to take bike to service center 25km away.

When giving bike for washing, be careful guys.
I was too lazy to visit service center which is at different side of the city. Yesterday morning, during my commute to office, the horn suddenly started working (3rd day since wash). So I believe, it is something with water residue rather than permanent damage with high pressure. Lucky me! saved some time by not going to the service center and probably save few bucks by not replacing it.
Old 4th July 2024, 09:05   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbaba View Post
Hanle black has yellow rims that are made in Japan and are anodised. The rest have black rims.
The Black ones are made in Thailand - In the end its the same Company that makes them, Excel Rims
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 09:15   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
I was too lazy to visit service center which is at different side of the city. Yesterday morning, during my commute to office, the horn suddenly started working (3rd day since wash). So I believe, it is something with water residue rather than permanent damage with high pressure. Lucky me! saved some time by not going to the service center and probably save few bucks by not replacing it.

Usually, pressure washing sometimes causes residual water to stagnate inside the switchgear and tight spaces. This is why pressurized air is liberally applied over all the switchgear, connectors and tight spots to remove all the water accumulated inside these tight spots.

It's common on many cars and bikes to have horn or flashers not working after a wash, but they start to function after a few hours or a day once they dry up naturally which is exactly what happened in your case. Next time, get them air applied over and inside the crevices of the switchgear and horn and exposed connectors.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 19:00   #714
Senior - BHPian

Another query - has anyone found a solution to the extreme lean angle of the side stand? I was looking up on side stand extenders but not one has any dimensions nor foes the product description talk of whether how it impacts lean angle.

That's truly my top priority, to find an accessory that might fix this lean angle.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 4th July 2024 at 19:04.
Old 5th July 2024, 16:55   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another query - has anyone found a solution to the extreme lean angle of the side stand? I was looking up on side stand extenders but not one has any dimensions nor foes the product description talk of whether how it impacts lean angle.

That's truly my top priority, to find an accessory that might fix this lean angle.

Thanks!
Perhaps this might be of solace.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 18:20   #716

Quote:

Thanks!
You can use the Zana side stand extender. There are two variants available:

https://www.zanamotorcycles.com/prod...tainless-steel
or
https://www.zanamotorcycles.com/prod...-himalayan-450

Both are stackable, which means that you can get two of them, get longer screws from a hardware shop, and have extra height increase. A friend of mine did it for his Himalayan 450:

I use one too, and it has helped considerably. Stability is top-notch when extended.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-whatsapp-image-20240704-1.19.04-am.jpeg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-whatsapp-image-20240704-1.19.03-am.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The Black ones are made in Thailand - In the end its the same Company that makes them, Excel Rims
Mine said made in Malaysia. Reference image of my rim attached. It could be that different lots of Rims came from different manufacturers? Although ALL of them have the same problem - truing issues, causing the right side pulling issue.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-whatsapp-image-20240517-1.01.12-pm.jpeg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th July 2024 at 18:49. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
bikerbaba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:25   #717
Senior - BHPian

Please don't generalise. Mine doesnt have right side pulling issue, and 'Im checking on every ride.

Whats happening is, because the suspension soaks up everything riders are just roughing it. I dont take potholes, and am careful on bumps. Can see how other riders are riding in our group.

*After this application, try and balance the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbaba View Post
ALL of them have the same problem - truing issues, causing the right side pulling issue.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:54   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please don't generalise. Mine doesnt have right side pulling issue, and 'Im checking on every ride.
After this application, try and balance the wheel
I personally have observed many reporting right pulling and a couple of YouTube videos stand testament to that. Humbly, I would digress to this statement primarily because it nullifies an actual "user" case -- simply because a user doesn't experience one issue doesn't mean it shouldn't happen to everybody and I would also humbly digress everyone's riding patterns being a cause of it.

It's not that everybody is going dune bashing the day they swing a leg over their bike and intentionally rallying on every pot hole on offer. A sensible understanding of a given individual's issues goes a long way. I reckon, you didn't have burning wires, you didn't have broken chassis, you didn't have nuts and bolts falling off, does that mean it didn't happen?

Please, kindly refrain from posting such statements even if you own the bike, that's a kind request. This post is in light to goodwill and actual issue on hand than a tug of war on brand precedence. Thank you! Peace!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 12:44   #719
Senior - BHPian

Can you plz explain the below statement by OP -

"Although ALL of them have the same problem - truing issues, causing the right side pulling issue."

Isnt this generalising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I personally have observed many reporting right pulling and a couple of YouTube videos stand testament to that.

Last edited by Sebring : 6th July 2024 at 12:46.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 10:47   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Can you plz explain the below statement by OP -

"Although ALL of them have the same problem - truing issues, causing the right side pulling issue."

Isnt this generalising?
Well nearly everyone I know who owns a Himalayan 450 in India and other countries has the issue. It could be that your dealership fixed it with rim alignment before delivery (idk when you got yours) or during service, or the newer lots have aligned rims. Although, my friend got one day before, and it has that issue.

The plant engineer I spoke to said that it is a rim misalignment problem. Mine occurred during the first 50km of riding the bike, was notified and then fixed by RE, similar to the handle damper issue.

I’m not generalising, RE has accepted the issue in 100%of the cases I’m aware of. A lot of people I know are okay with the problem and don’t want to go through the hassle.

Accepting that a problem exists is not a bad thing to do. I’m glad your bike does not suffer from that problem and wish you thousands of miles of happiness on it.
bikerbaba is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks