Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2024, 09:33   #646

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Yes updated to 00.53
====
So it's either the fuse hack or the power cycles that told the firmware that all is ok and the light went away.
The same issue happened to my bike after the firmware update. But the MIL light went off by itself after 5 on/off cycles

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th June 2024 at 10:02. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire post for short replies.
Old 14th June 2024, 10:52   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Have rented this bike today in Delhi to ride to the hills.
Have a noob question regarding the navigation piece. I have connected the phone with Tripper Dash and I'm getting turn by turn instructions on the screen. But the map is not getting displayed. Just a blank. On the RE app it says I have to cast to project the screen and keep the phone unlocked. But I don't understand what I need to do !

Pls help
Old 14th June 2024, 11:55   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Have a noob question regarding the navigation piece. I have connected the phone with Tripper Dash and I'm getting turn by turn instructions on the screen. But the map is not getting displayed. Just a blank. On the RE app it says I have to cast to project the screen and keep the phone unlocked. But I don't understand what I need to do !

Pls help
are you in digital or analog mode?
Old 14th June 2024, 12:01   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
are you in digital or analog mode?
Digital mode. I also understand that you can't lock your phone for the phone to cast
Quote:
But I've just seen a review on YouTube where they explained this navigation view only works when the phone is unlocked. If you lock your phone, the screen casting disappears from the TFT display. This is a key point that no one has mentioned till now. It means your phone screen has to be on, in your pockets, all the time for this to work.
So how does this work? remove locking and keep the screen on?
Old 14th June 2024, 12:33   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
As expected, the service center guys deleted the error messages/codes once again and asked me to come back if the issue recurs. Looks like a case where the service center wants to resolve the issue but they don't really have the means / expertise / confidence for the same
Drop a mail, tag social media handles and try to get REs attention. Tell them that the service center is only clearing the fault code but not getting to the bottom of the issue. My gut feeling is that a faulty sensor is triggering the code under certain circumstances. If it was anything serious then the code will prevent total startup of the engine. A faulty sensor on the other hand is notoriously difficult to diagnose but really easy to fix. If you have the fault codes and their description, posting them here might be helpful.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 12:35   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Digital mode.
Try analog mode. I tried this navigation mode only once. Top of my mind, i remember have to switch over to analog.

When the navigation is launched from RE app, the iPhone screen kind of dimmed. And I left it there, on the phone mount with charger connected.

If i lock the screen from here, the navigation drops to some kind of turn by turn navigation.

Last edited by gkrishn : 14th June 2024 at 12:37.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 12:39   #652
Senior - BHPian

Do not hook up your phones to the Himalayan 450 without vibration dampener. The vibes were just too much for my iPhone to handle and the image stabilization gave up. Damage to pocket: Rs 30,000
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 12:43   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Do not hook up your phones to the Himalayan 450 without vibration dampener. The vibes were just too much for my iPhone to handle and the image stabilization gave up. Damage to pocket: Rs 30,000
Yes,yes. Quad lock dampeners. And then hoping it will help with 450.
The same dampeners/iphone11 had no issues over couple of tours on hness. Camera is still holding good!
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 13:49   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I second that, iPhones at least are a no go! Have damaged my phone too with the dampeners.

This was a second time for me, but since it was in warranty I did it however, as it was told for my older phone which was damaged on dominar that if it was under warranty they would have replaced it!

However, I got a dampener this time around and still the phone gave up! Got it replaced under warranty but whipping out my old unused phone going forward.

Also, do we have any good mounts/case for Samsung tablets? I have a couple of tablets which are barely used and with the apple eco-system consuming me in the recent years the android devices must be put to a better use.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 20:13   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv5lh44 View Post
They will get the wiring harness within a week and was advised to ride the bike as per my liking and not worry about anything.
What care should I take from my end?
You don’t need to do anything, just follow the service centre’s advice and ride your new baby. I can understand it’s a brand new bike but don't stress out, it will get resolved.

Congratulations and all the best!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 15:09   #656
Senior - BHPian

5 Days/ 600 Kms with the 450, I'm finding more positives than negatives. Today on the road to Pauri from Devprayag, there was an almost 15-20 km stretch that is like trail No road, road getting built and then water streams to compact the bitumen et al. This is supposed to be The Himalayan's territory. And it came out in flying colours. Just soaks all the bumps and you can ride at steady 35-40kmph. Impressed!

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_20240617_121617.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_20240617_121524.jpg

Adorably dirty! Like a ADV Tourer should be!
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_20240617_131834_1.jpg

Not so impressed with the pain you have go thru if you get a puncture!

P.S: I personally will take this to harder terrains than I would take my Tiger!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th June 2024 at 15:31.
MileCruncher is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 09:10   #657
BHPian

Here is a good article about the chassis breaking issue that was seen on a few Himalayan 450. The newer chassis design of modern bikes using the engine as a stressed member should be considered before adding accessories.

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/auto-...609-2024-06-15

Last edited by HillMan : 18th June 2024 at 09:12.
Old 18th June 2024, 09:16   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: I personally will take this to harder terrains than I would take my Tiger!
That's an impressive endorsement! But why though? Is it because the 450 is lighter, easier to maneuver on such terrain? Or more confident of fixing it locally if something does break? Or is it just capable of handling such terrain better than the considerably more expensive Tiger?
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 12:22   #659
Senior - BHPian

I'd more confident too, if it had tubeless tyres. My 390 ADV had been to really tough areas in Karnataka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
That's an impressive endorsement! But why though? Is it because the 450 is lighter, easier to maneuver on such terrain? Or more confident of fixing it locally if something does break? Or is it just capable of handling such terrain better than the considerably more expensive Tiger?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 19:03   #660
BHPian

Did a day ride on Sunday from Bangalore to Shakleshpur, and from there to some Ghat sections towards Mangalore highway. Started at 7.30 AM and returned home by 7.30 PM, exactly 12 hours covering ~510 kms. Ride was totally effortless as i took multiple breaks, maybe an advantage of riding solo .
Had to face good rainfall in the ghat sections while returning and 452 proved its capability well in the situation . Very Scenic and good roads mostly except for road work happening in some areas of ghat section. Absolutely enjoyed the Day !.

Other observation is i was able to see many 452 riders in that stretch that day

Its time for second service now. will come back with a short report on next ride soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_0331.jpg  

Last edited by BulZire : 18th June 2024 at 19:28.
BulZire is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks