Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2024, 20:04   #601
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Does the himalayan have any stock wiring hiding under the tank or something to use for the yet to be launched fog lamps or are they going to just use a wiring harness just like the others?

There is an accessory Wire under the tank as shown in this video. I wonder if it is connected to the ignition, If yes, will be nice to find find a suitable female connector and plug and play fog lamps directly from it.

I guess RE will also release a wiring harness to fit into this connector.
vj_v3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 21:35   #602
BHPian

I've been using the connected features (navigation and music) for the last couple of weeks since the update finally allowed my phone to connect.
Some thoughts.

1. Maps casting is more for context than actual navigation. You can use it to see traffic and how the route ahead is.
There is a solid 5-10 second lag in position being updated on the map. The Tripper navigation arrows are much much more accurate and useful.
For example, if I was in a roundabout, I'd refer to the navigation arrows for when to take a turn.

2. Was irritated about the lack of ETA/distance to destination for the longest time. Turns out there is a setting menu if you press the joystick up from the navigation option in the Digital Screen type, where you can change the same.

3. Won't comment on battery drain - my Pixel has poor battery performance in general. Seems to be about 10-12% for an hour of casting + music + Bluetooth.

4. Music controls are fine. Joystick can get a little finicky, but you get used to it.

5. Overall, connected features are nice, but feel like a Beta still. A ways to go.
Shur'tugal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 15:11   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
I updated the tripper dash software to FOTA 11.59. From the next ignition cycle the check engine light started appearing with no specific warnings. It went off on its own after a few ignition cycles. It may be a Samsung specific issue as the mail said to visit service Centre for Samsung phones. Anyone else faced the same issue?
Happened to me too and I am not using a Samsung phone. I suspect the engine light goes away after 4/5 ignition cycles. I did visit the showroom to check it out and when they started the bike it was probably the 5th ignition cycle and the light was gone. Still, they used a obd diagnostic tool to check for any errors and none were found. Seems the app & tripper dash is buggy, i have seen this earlier too.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 23:24   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Does the himalayan have any stock wiring hiding under the tank or something to use for the yet to be launched fog lamps or are they going to just use a wiring harness just like the others?
Quote:
Video

There is an accessory Wire under the tank as shown in this video. I wonder if it is connected to the ignition, If yes, will be nice to find find a suitable female connector and plug and play fog lamps directly from it.

I guess RE will also release a wiring harness to fit into this connector.
to the best of my understanding, this accessories connector on H450 under the tank only provides "positive ignition trigger" and "negative", and the accessories fuse is only 10A (fuse box under seat).
Also as I understand, this trigger point gives current only after starting the bike (saw this in one of video, pls double check this aspect), and not when you just turn on ignition - which may defeat the purpose of fitting accessories.

Also note, most good quality aux light may dray 10A plus current, so this trigger point wont be suitable. Typical rating of fuse is 1.5x of current load, and accordingly the wire's gauge are also used to handle that load. I would only use this trigger to feed into the relay harness of aux, whereas power would be supplied from battery +ve itself.

on another note, pls also evaluate HJG / Lui-HJG brand of aux lights, they also offer good quality stuff at reasonable prices, and some sellers offer 6m/12m warranty too.

regards,
Old 30th May 2024, 01:41   #605
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My pixel 7 connectivity issue is resolved (device connected showed as orange color in the app). I had raised a support ticket a week back and someone from the RE tech team called me today for understanding the issue. He advised me to remove my profile from the app using "forget me" option in the app settings. And reregister again for trying connectivity. Surprisingly this worked. He mentioned some "auth issue" was causing this.

It was a good interaction with this person as he understood everything I said and gave me a quick solution.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2024 at 10:51. Reason: As requested
tech_rider is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th May 2024, 12:08   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
to the best of my understanding, this accessories connector on H450 under the tank only provides "positive ignition trigger" and "negative", and the accessories fuse is only 10A (fuse box under seat).
Also as I understand, this trigger point gives current only after starting the bike (saw this in one of video, pls double check this aspect), and not when you just turn on ignition - which may defeat the purpose of fitting accessories.

Also note, most good quality aux light may dray 10A plus current, so this trigger point wont be suitable. Typical rating of fuse is 1.5x of current load, and accordingly the wire's gauge are also used to handle that load. I would only use this trigger to feed into the relay harness of aux, whereas power would be supplied from battery +ve itself.

on another note, pls also evaluate HJG / Lui-HJG brand of aux lights, they also offer good quality stuff at reasonable prices, and some sellers offer 6m/12m warranty too.

regards,

Thanks, i will check on these aspects.

I plan to use this for fogs (60-80W total max), So 10 Amps seems like it will work for me. Infact, i believe the maddog wiring harness as well has a 10A fuse on it.

And it powering up only on starting bike is fine, this will actually save the battery from directly taking on the load of the fog lamps. fog lamps are not required when the bike is not running anyway. I will grab a multimeter and test the cable once i find the time.

the next challenge would be to find a female for the connector RE has used to do a perfect plug and play connection. i will most likely just connect the wiring harness ignition signal wire to this cable to avoid loading the wire and draw power directly from the battery pack. I am assuming RE will do the same.

I have seen a few videos where installers are doing somewhat of a juggad type connection for the wiring harness ignition signal from a connector near the fuse box.
Old 30th May 2024, 12:26   #607
BHPian

Quote:

the next challenge would be to find a female for the connector RE has used to do a perfect plug and play connection. .
The Mad Dog lights are compatible with the RE connector with no modification.

@leavetheroad_ ( Binil??) handle on Instagram has made a short video on the same.

Do reach out to him
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 13:18   #608
Senior - BHPian

A YouTuber suggested AMSOIL, and I used it with startling results. Engine is more refined (with no extra sound/noise/clatter). Runs smoother. The RE replaced oil is just junk (I felt). This oil is Rs 1500 per litre. Do try this once!
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_6807.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_6808.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 13:24   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
A YouTuber suggested AMSOIL, and I used it with startling results. Engine is more refined (with no extra sound/noise/clatter). Runs smoother. The RE replaced oil is just junk (I felt). This oil is Rs 1500 per litre. Do try this once!
FUCHS Silkolene is another great choice to consider. Sourcing it might be tricky though.
Old 30th May 2024, 15:24   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
FUCHS Silkolene is another great choice to consider. Sourcing it might be tricky though.
It is available with Bigbear Bangalore. (Insta ID: @bigbearbangalore)
skviknaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 17:32   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I saw that video too. When you replaced the oil, did you observe any aberration in the threads where the filter/oil-screw is mounted? Similar to what he noted in that video.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 18:13   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
It is available with Bigbear Bangalore. (Insta ID: @bigbearbangalore)
Oh yes, I remember coming across the video on YouTube. The dude who says “Hallooo!”
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 22:48   #613
Senior - BHPian

Nope. I had left it with the mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
When you replaced the oil, did you observe any aberration in the threads where the filter/oil-screw is mounted?
Old 31st May 2024, 03:57   #614
BHPian

@ tech_rider

This was a nightmare for me. I own a Pixel 6 and it never connected since I received the bike in Dec23.
I had to escalate it and posted review in the Google Play store for the app. They were putting blame on Google. Finally they fixed the firmware this month, May24. Now it is connecting.
Surprisingly no one suggested me the "Forget me" option. Had you ever updated the firmware earlier?

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2024 at 10:52. Reason: Quoted post edited, hence removing from your post
Old 31st May 2024, 07:48   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
This was a nightmare for me. I own a Pixel 6 and it never connected since I received the bike in Dec23.
I had to escalate it and posted review in the Google Play store for the app. They were putting blame on Google. Finally they fixed the firmware this month, May24. Now it is connecting.
Surprisingly no one suggested me the "Forget me" option. Had you ever updated the firmware earlier?
Can someone with a OnePlus device comment about the Bluetooth connectivity? AFAIK, KTM owners with OnePlus devices haven’t been able to connect to their bike thanks to the finicky Bluetooth of the phone. I would like to know if the same issue persists with the Himalayan owners here as well. That would point out the flaw in OnePlus’s Bluetooth.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 31st May 2024 at 07:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks