Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:17   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place in Mumbai to get aux lights installed? I have my Maddog Scout X's from my previous bike - the ASS said they don't install non OEM parts.
You can try HDT Customs https://www.youtube.com/@hdtcustoms11188.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:35   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Unable to source these can you kindly comment on where you got them
I purchased the Gold Runway X4 lights online.

Sharing the contact number of the dealer.

Mr Parmar Tarak Jagdishbhai
+91 99099 00058

I got it for ₹20,500/- including shipping.

The set comes with all accessories, nothing else is required to be purchased. And installation is a fairly simple DIY.

You can whatsap on the abovementioned contact number for further details.

Hope that helps.
aviator1101 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:53   #588
Senior - BHPian

Whats the unique selling point of the Gold Runway? Can you show the switch please. Is it at par with any of the MadDog products? Im using BAJA/Denali, and am open to using Indian brands
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I purchased the Gold Runway X4 lights online. Mr Parmar Tarak Jagdishbhai
+91 99099 00058. I got it for ₹20,500/- including shipping.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 16:41   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Which one would you recommend I go with and why?

If you would like me to consider other brands or models, please suggest.
I am using Maddog Scout X on my Honda CBR 250. It is definitely value for money compared to the imported options. The aux light along with bike headlight gives decent visibility on the highway. The combination of spot and flood gives good range too.

You will have to get the switch and relay extra which would further increase the cost, but still price is no where near the imported ones.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th May 2024 at 17:06.
Old 24th May 2024, 20:53   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need to get a pair of aux lights for my 450.
I have used the Maddog Scout X - not adequate for my usage. I understand they work for many others and are great value for money.

What I would recommend though with all my heart and head - Motorfans L6Rv2 or v3. Come with the wiring harness + switch + yellow filters.
When I bought it back in 2022, the v2 costed 17000 all inclusive.
If I have to buy another pair, I might go for the v3 now whcih also has the dimming feature, but costs a bit more than the v2.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20221227_102253284.jpg

I had first installed the Scout X (the ones lower down). But since I wasn't happy, I got the Motorfans.
But I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing the harness and switch for the Scout X so I let them be. Overkill for sure. I'm possibly a BMW GSAAAAA 1250 wannabe as well
shyamg28 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 21:09   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
hi unable to source these can you kindly comment on where you got them, thanks
happy motoring.
In Bangalore you can get them from Swastikfabs. He's a team BHP member. Just search on forum /Google and you will find his details.

I got mine from him.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 22:24   #592
BHPian

My riding partner has motorfans on his A-twin, my bike has maddog alpha. The difference between the two is mind blowing! Motorfans are way superior than maddogs.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 23:47   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Which one would you recommend I go with and why?

Would go with shyam on the motorfans (not sure about long term perspective) or even better, the Baja Squadrons/Denali D4 at 22k, a shade more than the GR40. What I found most lacking in the maddogs (used the Scout X for nearly 2 years - useless and rode a bike with the Alphas) was throw to keep triple digit speeds safely on night journeys. As important as lumens is for the flood/brightness, throw is the other 50% for a great combination. Those top brands are virtually unbreakable.
100Kmphormore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 13:24   #594
Senior - BHPian

It costs 27 grand now
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
even better, the Baja Squadrons/Denali D4 at 22k
Old 28th May 2024, 10:47   #595
BHPian

I updated the tripper dash software to FOTA 11.59. From the next ignition cycle the check engine light started appearing with no specific warnings. It went off on its own after a few ignition cycles. It may be a Samsung specific issue as the mail said to visit service Centre for Samsung phones. Anyone else faced the same issue?
Old 28th May 2024, 12:06   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Nevertheless the sherpa, chassis and the suspension setup are so high up there that I was sure to give up on these things post my first test ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I'm a Bullet fan boy. That's equivalent to loving your country.
My first test ride and I was in love with the bike. The agility of the frame, adaptability of the suspension, sharpness of the brakes and decent grunt from a 450 had me hooked.

Furthermore, I'm really stoked that it is an Indian manufacturer who has achieved and to top it all, the first world is actually going gaga over it (obviously some of it is paid) but most auto journos/ influencers on YT are going gaga over it!

I definitely need to get it home. Garage space is almost ready! Only thing is "The Lord Master's Approval" and may be arranging the moolah!
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 12:43   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
I updated the tripper dash software to FOTA 11.59. From the next ignition cycle the check engine light started appearing with no specific warnings. It went off on its own after a few ignition cycles. It may be a Samsung specific issue as the mail said to visit service Centre for Samsung phones. Anyone else faced the same issue?
This makes no sense, again the point being it's RE. Don't take the exec's in showroom, service centre or anywhere else seriously! Your bike does not operate the mobile nor vice versa. The mobile is just a medium to communicate using the crappy RE app and the impeccably good looking TFT spoilt by the half baked fancy features which are not useable.

Please visit the service centre if any of the warning lights glow and get it checked there. The mobile should not be related; if it's related it's the RE app. Which again, RE is responsible and not Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
My first test ride and I was in love with the bike. The agility of the frame, adaptability of the suspension, sharpness of the brakes and decent grunt from a 450 had me hooked.
With monsoon around, if in the right place this is going to be fun! Get one, with limited expectations you are in for a treat! Good luck in getting the formal approvals.

Last edited by bhansali_hardik : 28th May 2024 at 12:44.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 15:34   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I too faced the same glitch, and it disappeared just like it happened in your case. I thought the bike was acting weird, now know am not alone
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 16:27   #599
BHPian

Does the himalayan have any stock wiring hiding under the tank or something to use for the yet to be launched fog lamps or are they going to just use a wiring harness just like the others?
Old 28th May 2024, 16:30   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this happened to me too, both this and the last update.
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed