Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2024, 16:04   #556

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
a. Im still to install the touring seats. Its just lying in its box. True, like you, I'm also wary of the RE Hype brigade .

b. The company service center at BTM layout, yes. They can help out, and in DIY, they showed me 'how'
The Touring seats are amazing. I have used it for over 4000km now, and frankly, the difference between the stock and the touring seat is immense. I got mine switched at 500kms, and found that it was wayyy better than the original. Just to put things into context, I had touring seats for the original Himalayan too, which I purchased in April 2016.
bikerbaba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 17:22   #557
BHPian

I got this notification from RE app. Not clear if this update will fix the issue for pixel or we need to go to service center. Anyone with pixel got new updates and tested?

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-screenshot_20240517171155.png

Edit: I think they might be asking pixel and Samsung owners to update software with help of service center.

Last edited by tech_rider : 17th May 2024 at 17:37.
tech_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 18:44   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
I got this notification from RE app. Not clear if this update will fix the issue for pixel or we need to go to service center. Anyone with pixel got new updates and tested?

Attachment 2607079

Edit: I think they might be asking pixel and Samsung owners to update software with help of service center.
Yep..I got the S23+ and it won't update thru my phone. I got this same message notification from the RE again today.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 17th May 2024 at 18:45.
Old 17th May 2024, 22:12   #559

Quote:

Attachment 2607079

Correct. Since Pixel/Samsung device owners won’t be able to connect to the device in order to push the update; so RE is asking them to visit the SC for updating the same. Alternatively I guess it will be just easier to get hold of a different phone from any family member or acquaintances and connect the tripper dash for updating through the RE app.
IamAsHter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 22:15   #560
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

The bike has been in the hands of owners for quite some time now. So I genuinely want to know. How fast is it really? Without breaking any forum rules on numbers, dangerous riding, etc. of course, totally responsibly and safely, within the rules, of the forum and the land. Does it actually feel like a 40 bhp bike on an open stretch? Even if the chassis and suspension is not the ideal setup for corner carving.

I got this from a really old friend from my Bullet days today. He's relocated to Delhi and is a genuine demon rider. Some of you here might know or have heard of Imran. Track racer. Tourer. Rallyist. Done it all. Still has his Machismo 500. His first lot Duke 390. His Kawasaki 6R. And his 390 Adventure X. Which is the bike he was riding today, back home to Greater Noida, when a Himalayan 450 guy came up on him.

Paraphrasing what he says, to stay within the rules -

"On my way back to greater noida, after passing each other half heartedly a few times, the Himalayan 450 passed me and took off on the straight. I must admit, Himalayan is fast but not as fast as our Adv390.

After I was done, I gave him a wave and said good bye. The Himalayan tried for some distance, but could not close the gap, even after I had rolled off.

Well tried Himalayan and well played Adv 390."

This was not a street race. Not even remotely. This was two fully geared riders, riding back home from work, on what was probably their daily commute, on the new Noida-Greater Noida 25 km Expressway.

To be honest, I am impressed. I rate this rider very high. And if he says the bike is fast, that's good enough for me.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 17th May 2024 at 22:25.
ebonho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 10:44   #561
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2607079

Got hold of the phone I used for navigation, which is able to connect to the dash. Had done the last software update using it.

However, since last night I'm getting this error message. Seems like some issue on the RE Server end.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240518_051152088.jpg  

Old 18th May 2024, 11:05   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Got hold of the phone I used for navigation, which is able to connect to the dash. Had done the last software update using it.

However, since last night I'm getting this error message. Seems like some issue on the RE Server end.
I also got same error when tried with another phone in family. It is strange that One of the USP of Himalayan 450 (connectivity and navigation) is not working in flagship android phones. To my last email to RE support, I got response that some one from technical team may reach out for fixing the issue. It's been 2 weeks and no updates from them.
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 12:08   #563
BHPian

Quote:
I also got same error when tried with another phone in family. It is strange that One of the USP of Himalayan 450 (connectivity and navigation) is not working in flagship android phones. To my last email to RE support, I got response that some one from technical team may reach out for fixing the issue. It's been 2 weeks and no updates from them.
Agreed.
I know most on this forum don't care about the connected features but it adds such a high level of delight to the bike.

I've particularly been missing the ability to control my music and skip forward backward on podcasts.

Have a strong feeling even post this update pixel owners won't be able to use the dash.
Shur'tugal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 23:48   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The bike has been in the hands of owners for quite some time now. So I genuinely want to know. How fast is it really? Without breaking any forum rules on numbers, dangerous riding, etc. of course, totally responsibly and safely, within the rules, of the forum and the land. Does it actually feel like a 40 bhp bike on an open stretch? Even if the chassis and suspension is not the ideal setup for corner carving.
Depends on your previous bike. My previous bike was the V3 R15. So, I find the Himalayan mighty fast. Just yesterday took my bike for a 150 kilometre breakfast ride. I was able to maintain 95-110 kmph throughout. It had plenty of oomph to overtake from any speed above 70kmph in the 6th gear. And the suspension just soaks up every minor bump on the highways. Sometimes when faced with traffic jam on highways people tend to stay within the road and move slowly with the jam. But with the Himalayan, you can just throw your bike into the empty gravel path to the left of the road and breeze past to the front. And the smile you get doing that is immeasurable.

PS: I've never been a huge fan of RE. The classic 350 had too many vibrations even at City speeds to get your bones tingling. But, recently with the new 650s and the 450 engines RE has certainly upped the ante.

Cheers
true_sedan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 06:13   #565
Senior - BHPian

I simply love this bike, and I prefer to keep it between 70-90 Kmph on the highway. I'm happy at this speed, that's how you enjoy this sherpa. Suspension is at another level, (pun unintended) :-). Soaks up the bumps well. The engine makes a racket, but I dont have an issue with it, got used to.

Only sore point is the weight, compared to my 'well balanced' Honda NX 500. Sometimes I need an extra hand.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 17:44   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Finally managed to update the console - had multiple issues with the update downloading but installation not starting.

Anyway, it's done and my Pixel 6a has connected!

Last edited by Shur'tugal : 19th May 2024 at 17:50.
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 19:04   #567
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the pics of the Guerrilla 450 - I am hoping that the side stand is a straight fit. That bike has a normal and upright stance when parked using side stand based on the pics I see.
Old 19th May 2024, 19:25   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Just saw the pics of the Guerrilla 450 - I am hoping that the side stand is a straight fit. That bike has a normal and upright stance when parked using side stand based on the pics I see.
It can be fixed on the Himi 450, but will probably tilt more. Guerilla is based on 17/19 inch front tyres, hence it will be lower and side stand will be shorter.
skviknaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 22:09   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Finally managed to update the console - had multiple issues with the update downloading but installation not starting.

Anyway, it's done and my Pixel 6a has connected!
I have updated software to latest version(1.59) with help of a family phone (realme) and now I am able to connect my pixel 7. But connectivity shows orange icon instead of green and I feel something is not right in the connectivity. I am not able to open device settings and If I disconnect, I don't see the device there for reconnect. I have to connect again using scanner, which then results 2 devices in orange status. Tried uninstalling app, restarting phone, gave all asked permissions, but still same, after 20 mins of retries, I gave up.

Hope some other updates are on the way to fix this (app or os).
Old 20th May 2024, 09:35   #570
BHPian

Loaded with luggage for 10 days, will be covering about 1000 kms. First trip to the hills on a 2-wheeler. Will share more details on trip, bike, performance etc later but for now the top heaviness and weight are the 2 major drawbacks of the bike.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_3472.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks