Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2024, 23:23   #511
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Any idea what this could be? Should I wait until the first service to get it checked, or go earlier?
I had this issue. In my case it was the loose headlamp assembly. There are two allen bolts below the headlamp. i believe they connect to the name plate as well. Just tighten them and it should go away. Do try.
manaslu@2028 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 00:43   #512
Senior - BHPian

A very good upgrade is the FuelX at Race Dynamics. The low end power is better, and bike runs smoother now. Cost to pocket: Rs 11,500.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_2357.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 13:19   #513
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
A very good upgrade is the FuelX at Race Dynamics. The low end power is better, and bike runs smoother now. Cost to pocket: Rs 11,500.
I also heard good things about it. Since it directly interface with ECU, I am scared of warranty, that too for not proven engine. Good to see you (and others who tried) are accepting that risk. This is definitely on my radar, might try after few months or after all free services.
tech_rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 15:39   #514
Senior - BHPian

With the O2 sensor actually. A good improvement, without which I cant imagine my bike :-). Also got the Zana extender, finish is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
I also heard good things about it. Since it directly interface with ECU
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-ec69acf1d8a74c8f82601ed74e21ddfd.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 1st May 2024 at 15:43.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 10:38   #515
BHPian

Looking for recommendation on going tubeless. What is better - Way2Speed or Outex? (cost aside). Also, can someone suggest a competent place in NCR where I can get it done?
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 21:51   #516
BHPian

First Rains in Bangalore and that means first ride on the Himalayan in rains. The bike is a muck accumulating machine.

The front mud guard is poorly designed. It throughs dirt over the beak and on to the headlight also

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240502_210228.jpg

Some more pictures

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240502_210300.jpg
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240502_210247.jpg

People who ride regularly what are the key parts of the bike that one should take extra care of in rainy seasons? Here's my list:

1. Brakes
2. Chain
3. Tyre wear check
manaslu@2028 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 17:23   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
First Rains in Bangalore and that means first ride on the Himalayan in rains. The bike is a muck accumulating machine.

The front mud guard is poorly designed. It throughs dirt over the beak and on to the headlight also
Sadly the general trend these days is form over function - everyone going for looks. Most bikes these days have near useless mudguards.
timuseravan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 21:57   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Different types of bikes are designed with different parameters.

City rides needs scooty not ADV bike, you are expecting way too much from it IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Sadly the general trend these days is form over function - everyone going for looks. Most bikes these days have near useless mudguards.
Your trek doesn't came with mudguards right?

My aspect 940 didnt came with one & no MTB comes with mudgurds. (i just bought longer ones from Decathlon)

same logic applies here.

Last edited by jeepster : 3rd May 2024 at 22:01.
jeepster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 09:14   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Different types of bikes are designed with different parameters.
City rides needs scooty not ADV bike, you are expecting way too much from it IMHO.

Your trek doesn't came with mudguards right?
My aspect 940 didnt came with one & no MTB comes with mudgurds. (i just bought longer ones from Decathlon)
same logic applies here
Not a good comparison - the cycle did not come with mudguards at all. The expectation was for the owner to put them as required.
The motorcycle does come with the mudguards but they are not adequate enough to do the job.
And what I said was a general observation. I hope you will agree that the Duke is a city bike and yet the mudguards seem designed to push maximum amount of splash onto the bike and rider.

Also I have a hard time imagining how riding anywhere has different parameters w.r.t to mud splash protection. Its in the name - "Mud" guard and if the part is not doing its job, maybe its not well designed.
timuseravan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 13:10   #520
BHPian

Got some accessories installed yesterday.

Moto torque foot rest, gps mount, back rest, moto care visor and bar end mirrors. Back rest not installed yet, will install only when riding with wife. For digital console, i got custom cut piece of ppf material installed as scratch guard (200₹).

I feel visibility is better with this bar end mirrors. Size. Wise it is same as Stock mirrors. Stock left mirror had this tightening issue on moderately high speed, which was reported from initial days media reviews. Even after 6 months RE didn't fix this. This mirror I got on some offer price of 800₹. After coming home only I realised the impact of this on grocery shopping . Now I need to find some solution to hang one bag of groceries or vegetables with this bar mirrors installed.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-psx_20240505_125317.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-psx_20240505_125043.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-psx_20240505_124851.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-psx_20240505_124650.jpg
tech_rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 13:37   #521
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Its very easy actually. And better. Once the handle loops over the mirror, there is no way the bag is slipping off. I do the same over my barends (bull bars) on my hybrid.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 13:50   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Its very easy actually. And better. Once the handle loops over the mirror, there is no way the bag is slipping off. I do the same over my barends (bull bars) on my hybrid.

Cheers, Doc
Thanks Doc, May be I need to get used to it. I feel small carry bags would be difficult to loop over, generally some inconvenience is expected while stretching bags over mirrors while hanging or pulling out.

I saw some pics over internet with some kind of hook that can be installed on handle bar. Haven't seen it around here. Need to check in nearby shops.
Old 5th May 2024, 14:41   #523
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
Thanks Doc,
I saw some pics over internet with some kind of hook that can be installed on handle bar. Haven't seen it around here. Need to check in nearby shops.
Please! Do NOT do that. I have seen guys with their thighs and arms and even bellies split (ripped) open by these hooks and mini ornate brass flag masts and other miscellaneous do-das like baby trishuls (I kid you not) fitted to the handlebars of ... you guessed it. Bullets.

The white shopping plastic bag handles easily slip over the round mirrors. Try it.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 5th May 2024 at 14:56.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 17:51   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Looking for recommendation on going tubeless. What is better - Way2Speed or Outex? (cost aside). Also, can someone suggest a competent place in NCR where I can get it done?
Please do share your experience if you find one. I'm also looking for a trusted shop in NCR.
Old 5th May 2024, 17:53   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post

If not, do check the caps at the edge of the tank guard, there might be possibility that the caps have not been closed properly.
Quote:
I had this issue. In my case it was the loose headlamp assembly. There are two allen bolts below the headlamp. i believe they connect to the name plate as well. Just tighten them and it should go away. Do try.
I checked and tightened both (might have opened and closed the caps in my over zealousness, but the issue seems to have gone now. Thank you both.

Still no update on the pixel connection issue, been checking for an update. Anyone had any luck?
Shur'tugal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks