Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2024, 14:42   #496
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
What would be a ideal polish for the Kamet white? This is my first bike with matte finish and i have little idea on the right polish for matte surfaces. Please suggest.
There are only 2 matt surface products that I know,

- Wavex
- Putoline

The fact that you can't polish a matt surface keeps me away from it. I've gifted my friend the Wavex product for his matt Scrambler 400X Khaki green. It's not great but gives you the satisfaction that you have done something for your matt bike!

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 16:17   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
There are only 2 matt surface products that I know,

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
What about dashboard polish or that used to shine/rejuvenate black cladding of cars and bikes?

Cheers, Doc
Old 25th April 2024, 16:33   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
What about dashboard polish or that used to shine/rejuvenate black cladding of cars and bikes?

Cheers, Doc
Never tried this but they usually give an unnecessary shine to the surface! Kaza brown/Kamet white are matt finished paint surfaces on the metal tank, fiber panels and mud guards. Dashboard polish is not an appropriate use-case here, according to me.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 17:17   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
What would be a ideal polish for the Kamet white? This is my first bike with matte finish and i have little idea on the right polish for matte surfaces. Please suggest.
Why? Why would you want to polish a matt surface?

Leave it as is and you will enjoy it more rather, also RE SC folks have managed to polish with some junk of a material and it becomes a dust magnet, will be stripping off the polish and will happily maintain a dirty looking matt colour.

PS : I have owned and still have a domineer 400 matt black from past 6 years and I love the hassle free nature of matt black. Hopefully the Kamet white is similar post striping of the whatever junk RE has put on it during the service.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 18:07   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
3. Heavy (non-fixable): One of my plans is to ride NE solo if plans come to fruition, in normal roads it's fine, but if it takes a fall in the muddy/slippery area I have to be a sumo wrestler to pick it up.
FortNine has a video on YouTube regarding practical ways to ride/turn/lift ADV bikes, including how to lift them with your knees facing away from the bike instead of the spine. Pretty good info for any ADV rider.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 21:19   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Yes, its possible.

Also, in case the new policy is already created, then too you can submit the NCB letter after few days directly to the new insurance company. In that case, the difference refund would be issued to you and additionally deducting the amount of days the new policy was in use before submitting the NCB letter.

I have done this few times, so surely its an easy thing.
Thank you, I will try and do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
I have it on my Super Meteor 650. It's ok to carry a few small things but I can't carry anything even moderately heavy due to lack of rigidity in the structure. Also due to my bike's pillion seat being small, the Seaty moves around a bit.
Thank you! Think I'll wait a bit before making the purchase.
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 16:24   #502
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

So far 260km completed in 8 days, primarily office commuting. I see this discoloration in exhaust pipe. I request comments from experts to help me understand if this is normal or not. I read somewhere that discoloration is bad and could be because of improper fuel combustion.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240428_104739258.jpg
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 20:36   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Thanks for sharing. Now the dealer has confirmed, the RE accessories page also specifies it works on both Himalayans. But the RE support response was kind of sad and uninformed.

"In response to your email regarding whether the Himalayan 411 pannier will affect the warranty, we apologize for the inconvenience.

However, we would like to inform you that the pannier designed and manufactured for the Himalayan 411 is not compatible with the Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 motorcycle. Attempting to fit the Himalayan 411 pannier on the Himalayan 450 may void your warranty."

I really expected better from them esp since the company is run by a pro-biker like Sid Lal. I hope they train their support staff better in the future.
Confirmed that 411 Panniers worked on the 450. Sligthly tighter fit but goes in all right with a little effort. Almost like the gauge is a mm or so thicker on the 450. Now to get used to the heft of this bike.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-pxl_20240428_112243616.jpg
joshiviv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 14:58   #504
BHPian

Just back from a 600 km road trip again!

This time it was interiors of chickmagaluru and a few off-road trails. Also, for the highway/normal journey I was 2 up and we did an average of 280 kms each side in 5 hours including an hours break!

My go-pro's J hook went bad when I was mounting it and there are no POV videos this time around!

However, there is just a few photos from the whole trip at the end of off-road trail that I did!

I realised I'm a below average off-road guy when it comes to this bike and its handling. Almost slipped out downhill but was able to salvage the position and the suspension gave a good feedback to pump it back and was able to not fall!

The bike certainly helps in navigating offroads better, however the weight is daunting and I don't have any guards installed yet living on the edge eh?

The takeaway from this trip is :

1) Mile muncher
2) Pillion on this is much happier than the other bikes and this is running on stock seats as of now, on the return journey both of us felt a little discomfort towards the end and this might mean touring seats are on the card. (Pricing is ridiculous and wastage of resources! What do I do with current seats ? )
3) Suspension - A reason alone to buy this bike.
4) Highway my bike sat on 4.5k ~ 5.5k rpm and for 90 kmph and this was the sweet spot for me to minimise the vibes! (have 2100kms on the odo - engine might still open up)
5) The wind blast is deafening on this and there are no good enough solutions for this yet!
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_3878.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_3882.jpg

Also, just a refresher for all the Bangaloreans to see something like this during this time of the year :

bhansali_hardik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 00:00   #505
t18
BHPian

Took delivery of my Himalayan today. I'm still not sure I got one after months of deliberation.
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-whatsapp-image-20240429-21.01.26.jpeg
Its a long story but i'll summarize my story in short. I had a Honda Aviator which turned 16. Gave it away to a friend.
I started the hunt for an automatic scooter and took quotations for Jupiter 125.
I had no intention of buying a geared motorcycle no less a Royal Enfield. One day as I passed by a Royal Enfield showroom took test drive of Himalayan it was December 29th 2023. Don't know what got into me booked it on 2nd Jan 2024 after price rise. Waiting period as suggested was 3.5 to 4.5 months. Kept checking in RE app and the tentative date kept going farther. And my mind said it's a waste of money as it won't be used to it's potential and the financial aspect didn't seem wise. I could have bought an Electric scooter and an ICE scooter for the price of Himalayan. Cancelled my booking after 3 months on April 10th. Started search for used Interceptor got interested in one from REOWN RE's used bike store. Fixed an appointment to check the Interceptor and casually asked the representative about Himalayan. The representative promised a bike within 6 days. Didn't get to test ride the Interceptor. But booked Himalayan on 23rd April 2024 and got it delivered on 29th April 2024.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-inkedwhatsapp-image-20240429-21.01.26-12_li.jpg  

t18 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 09:42   #506
Senior - BHPian

I have held Honda service in high esteem, and now consider RE as the very best out there. The second service was at the company operated BTM Location. They were precise and handled my requests very well. They also had DIY sessions and taught me various things like wheel removal (Very important for the Himalayan), clutch adjustments/removal, brake cleaning, they also showed me how to lift the tank and access stuff underneath (literally everything in the new Himi is under the tank), etc. Very fruitful day spent.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1550.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:00   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have held Honda service in high esteem, and now consider RE as the very best out there. The second service was at the company operated BTM Location. They were precise and handled my requests very well. They also had DIY sessions and taught me various things like wheel removal (Very important for the Himalayan), clutch adjustments/removal, brake cleaning, they also showed me how to lift the tank and access stuff underneath (literally everything in the new Himi is under the tank), etc. Very fruitful day spent.
Unfortunately, that's only the case for a select set of service centers. Primarily the company operated locations (both @Chennai and @Bangalore/BTM Layout) are pretty good and professional; have had multiple good experiences at both locations. Many of the other service centers are quite pathetic in their service; recently had a very average / bad experience at the Indira Nagar (/Halsuru) RE service center.

My experience at non-company owned outlets across the last 5 years of INT650 ownership across multiple cities (Bangalore, Mumbai, Chandigarh) has been very mixed; a few okay experiences to the rest being quite bad; as the most recent one which was for a known RR unit replacement that took almost a week and multiple follow-ups and weird delays; inspite of me informing them at the start that the issue was the known RR unit to be replaced. A
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 17:03   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Next stop for me would be company store's SC in this case! I'm already fed up with the Kwality SC in JP nagar near my place.

Horrible experience, they have managed to ruin a perfectly fine bike and the light is not pointing straight even today! It's been more than 3 visits there and they are not even ready to accept the short comings.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 18:14   #509
BHPian

Hi all,
Completed 100km in the last few days with my Himalayan. Loving it, and quickly getting used to it.

I have one odd issue - when I go over bumps (at low, medium or high speeds) I hear a strange noise - like a screw or two screws clattering around.

I've checked the suspension on standstill - couldn't reproduce the noise. Tried and checked each part towards the front - couldn't find anything loose.

The noise does not occur when moving at any speed on smooth roads.

My showroom did a poor job with number plates and their frames - have removed the frame to see if it makes a difference.

Any idea what this could be? Should I wait until the first service to get it checked, or go earlier?
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 20:58   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
Any idea what this could be? Should I wait until the first service to get it checked, or go earlier?
This should be somewhere near the console area, if so please do visit. (They will never agree and take you on a TD and prove that there is no noise )

If not, do check the caps at the edge of the tank guard, there might be possibility that the caps have not been closed properly.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks