Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2024, 01:15   #451
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
There is one from Aadeea that is adjustable but it's pretty expensive.

https://aeedea.com/product/versatile...himalayan-450/
I’m sorry but that is one hideous contraption! The Himalayan is a handsome bike. Why would they design something that ugly?

It may work but at that cost and the looks I wonder if they find many takers.
Darkcloud is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 02:43   #452
BHPian

Quote:

That is not just ugly but plain dangerous with a huge blindspot right in front. If someone needs a windscreen that big in Indian conditions, better switch to a car
b16h22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 10:29   #453
Senior - BHPian

And it's got that protruding handle to be used to adjust the screen. I absolutely hate anything pointy on the bike esp that close to the rider. Pretty risky!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 12th April 2024 at 10:55.
Old 12th April 2024, 15:08   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The taller one from RE isn't wide enough, so its useless. I'm installing ProSpec after watching Bosky's reels (BigBear), (and BEN's too). In my opinion it looks the part.
So, seems like we have to experiment with accessories as well. The current windshield is absolutely useless and my MT helmet is apparently very prone to wind noise, did not feel anything on it with my Dominar and an extended windshield from CR.

I go deaf with the current set up.

Quote:

Good it's this expensive, it's a good barrier to have. How wrong a product can be, this is a great example. They have tried solving issues which do not exist by giving those additional parts and the dark part would be to have clearer view of the oft, but they have forgotten at what price this comes and it really is an option which I would certainly not even consider.

Thanks for the response though, looks like prospec is in the prospect for me now
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 16:44   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
The NX has much smoother engine but the suspension of Himalayan is top notch - especially for our road conditions.
I'm torn between these two very bikes! can you elaborate a bit further wrt the suspension part. They say say the NX500's suspension has the characteristic 'Honda stiffness', does that make it uncomfortable for our roads? Can it be called as plush? (even my little Speed 400 feels so plush compared to my Meteor 350!) How exactly does it compare to the Himalayan's suspension? Thanks.

Last edited by windiesel : 12th April 2024 at 16:45.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 18:40   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
I'm torn between these two very bikes! can you elaborate a bit further wrt the suspension part.
I ride a gen1 Duke 390 - so basically anything else is super plush
But I would not call the NX suspension plush in a general sense. It is much stiffer than the Himalayan but definitely acceptable for our roads. You will get used to it.
However the Himalayan suspension, as I said, is top-notch especially for our roads. The way it soaks up bumps and potholes is superb.

Apart from suspension, the NX is overall a better bike but I am not sure if it is "2x the price" better.
I would suggest you take back to back test rides on both before deciding.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 18:58   #457
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I ride a gen1 Duke 390 - so basically anything else is super plush
You said it. Even the Gen 1 Himalayan was very nicely sprung. Not yet seen an NX in the flesh.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 22:33   #458
BHPian

Took delivery of my Hanle Black Himalayan today. Just signed a few papers and a simple key handover ceremony. Then jumped on the bike and drove off.

Hanle Black. Thinking of christening her as the "black panther":
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240412_191219.jpg

I have a few doubts and current Himalayan owners can answer them.
1) I'm not able to see any engine oil in the small window provided on the engine. Am I missing something here?
2) What is the idle RPM of the bike?
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 00:59   #459
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I see you got touring seats from the factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Took delivery of my Hanle Black Himalayan today. Just signed a few papers and a simple key handover ceremony. Then jumped on the bike and drove off.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 06:52   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. I see you got touring seats from the factory
Yes, the stock seats are darn uncomfortable for anything over 50 kilometres. RE should have given the adventure seats, touring mirrors and longer windscreen as stock atleast on their topend summit variants. But business right?
Old 13th April 2024, 14:57   #461
Senior - BHPian

Did they trade in your old seats? And how are these? I bought them, yet to place it
Quote:
Yes, the stock seats are darn uncomfortable for anything over 50 kilometres. RE should have given the adventure seats, touring mirrors and longer windscreen as stock atleast on their topend summit variants. But business right?
Old 13th April 2024, 17:24   #462
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I came across this new headlight solution for H450 in a youtube video. This looks promising and I feel after this, auxiliary lights will not be required. Cost around 8900₹. This could be better solution for places where auxiliary lights attracts traffic cops.

https://vaishnu.com/product/vaishnu-...himalayan-452/
Old 13th April 2024, 18:08   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Did they trade in your old seats? And how are these? I bought them, yet to place it
I did not trade the old seats. And I don't think there is an option to trade. I plan to convert the stock seats to low seat height(800mm) for city use. One youtuber had done it by simply cutting the foam. Removing the seats and replacing them is an easy task.

On hindsight I would suggest people, especially those who are 5'8" and less to go for the low seat variant. I'm 5'9" and I can almost flat foot. That customisation is available now in RE configuration website. The low seat variant can be adjusted between 800 and 825mm which is the best setup.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 20:02   #464
Senior - BHPian

So have you sat on the low seat option from RE? The ones suzuki gave for VSTROM was hard as rock
Quote:
On hindsight I would suggest people, especially those who are 5'8" and less to go for the low seat variant. I'm 5'9" and I can almost flat foot. That customisation is available now in RE configuration website. The low seat variant can be adjusted between 800 and 825mm which is the best setup.
Old 13th April 2024, 20:27   #465
BHPian

Quote:
So have you sat on the low seat option from RE? The ones suzuki gave for VSTROM was hard as rock
No. Low seat height can only be selected during booking. Unfortunately there were no REs in display with the low seat height. So, this is how it goes seat wise

1) Low seat height: 800-825 mm adjustable. Ideal for people 5'8" and lesser. I would go so far as to say that this is the best configuration for most people, even the taller ones. With low seat height there is no necessity for handlebar risers as you are already seated low. People new to adventure motorcycling will feel more at home.

2) Stock seat height: 825-845 mm adjustable. Suited for taller riders 5'9" and above.

3) Adventure seat height: Sold as an accessory @ Rs. 8400. The extra padding and coccyx pattern cushion in the seat will help during long distance rides. Because the padding is thicker than stock ones, the RE salesperson said that the seat height lies somewhere between 830-835 mm.

Cheers
true_sedan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks