Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2024, 21:49   #331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
However I feel the RTO charges were lower, has govt jacked up the tax? Or the dealer? Can someone please confirm, thanks in advance!
RTO and insurance would be calculated based on experience showroom price as on that date (15k hiked price) and that 15K would be given as discount on final bill.
Old 8th March 2024, 17:22   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
RTO and insurance would be calculated based on experience showroom price as on that date (15k hiked price) and that 15K would be given as discount on final bill.
Still does not add up, have carried out all the possible combinations.

The worst part of this problem is there are 18 kamet whites awaiting PDI Registration and delivery all at one go in one lot! The dealer barely cares to give the break up! The insurance is obviously not mandatory since they have achieved the targets and will not budge on the additional handling charges etc as Himalayans are flying off the shelves at least here in Bangalore
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 18:47   #333
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Still does not add up, have carried out all the possible combinations.
Quick lookup in RE website shows me below split up for Karnataka state. Does it match with yours?

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-screenshot_20240308184356.png

Quote:
The worst part of this problem is there are 18 kamet whites awaiting PDI Registration and delivery all at one go in one lot!
Glad to see Kamet whites are coming in bulk. I am still waiting from Dec 16. When did you book yours?
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 18:51   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
Quick lookup in RE website shows me below split up for Karnataka state. Does it match with yours?

Attachment 2580913

Glad to see Kamet whites are coming in bulk. I am still waiting from Dec 16. When did you book yours?
I did the comparison as well, it does not match up. A difference of 3k still exists!

I had booked way back in November, 12 th to be precise. Half of my excitement has already died to be honest!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 14:49   #335

So I just picked up my kamet white yesterday and what is this vibration issue everyone was talking about? I'm coming from a Duke 390 and sure there is a little buzz all around but it's nothing unsettling. Just part and parcel of a big single. With gloves, the buzz at the handlebar gets even more muted. And about the low end grunt, the bike is picking up cleanly from 2k rpm without using the clutch, that's like more than enough for me, and should be for everyone else considering it's a high revving engine.

I think the comparison with the old Himalayan is where the problem resides. Consider this one as a fresh product, compare it with 390 ADV and it's a superb piece of machine. Can't wait to get to 500km and take it through the dry riverbeds of Nepal at 80kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240309_114842.jpg  

hamadryad is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 09:17   #336
Senior - BHPian

Anyone with S23 faced issues updating firmware version of the H450 dash software? And what did you do to solve it? TIA!

Mine is stuck in V50 and the app sent me a note that V53 is available. But when I get into the mydevices menu and try to open the software update menu, nothing happens! The phone is connected to the bike, shows navigation etc so it works but the software update option is like a plain text and nothing happens on touching it. All other options (e.g. firmware version) open when I touch them.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 20:12   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Thanks, so its a calculated risk then.
Is it worth going for an upgrade on any bike given it voids warranty?
Also what about PUC, especially with removal of cat?
Apologies for the late reply. Yes, installing any aftermarket components can void warranty. Some do it anyway. Depends on how comfortable you are to deal with any such issues if they do crop up. This is not with RE alone but with any brand.

I guess the bike would still pass PUC but readings may be higher. I had aftermarket (off-road) exhausts on my Bonneville with a remap and it comfortably passed PUC and well under the threshold limits.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 20:44   #338
Senior - BHPian

I test rode the Himalayan, Bullet 350, Classic 350 and the Hunter 350 yesterday and boy, was I impressed by how good REs have become!!.

For the Himalayan, I think the following is my experience
  1. The bike is tall!! I am 178 cms and I couldnt flat foot the bike on both sides (little raise). This is a trick which RE is missing I think, They should have the lower seat for test drives and as I am sure this is driving away a lot of short customers.
  2. Add to this the heavy body and significant lean on side stand and the bike tells you that I am someone you need to conquer!
  3. Start the bike and the firing is seriously disappointing. By disappointing, I mean it sounds like any other 300-400 cc bike in the market today. The firing has no character. This is where the bike starts to disappoint.
  4. Start to ride the bike and you feel like riding a horse, than a bike. You are sitting ON the bike, you know that the city commute is gonna be painful with this bike.
  5. The bike rides well but the refinement is nothing to speak about. The motor is buzzy at all times and I dont mind the buzz but combine that buzz with a ordinary Audio experience and that combination is something which spoils the riding experience.
  6. The bike is very tractable across the revv range and is very revv happy, like no other RE before.

I honestly dont think that the Himalayan is for me, as I think there are better bikes which can do 99% of whatever the Himalayan can much more easily. Without having to deal with the irritants with the Himalayan.

P.S. - Out of the 4 bikes I test drove, the most I liked was the Bullet 350! (I have never owned a RE before)
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 01:42   #339
BHPian

Did my first ever 300 kms trip on a 2-wheeler. Odometer has crossed 500 KMs, listing down some observations.

• The bike is top-heavy.
  • 100 KMPH comes up at exact 5K rpm on the 6th gear.
  • Bike is heavy. I took a short spin on a Duke Adv250, made me realise how heavy the himalayan is!
  • Bad roads? Undulations? Love it how it rides, now wonder it is the USP of the bike.
  • Headlights are pathetic.
  • Brakes are good.
  • The seat could have been more comfortable but it could be just me since this is my first 2-wheeler and I am still getting used to riding.

Today's ride: G.Noida-Ashram-Ballabgarh-Vrimdavan-YEW-G.Noida

Somewhere near Ballabgarh

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1364.jpeg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-ef8944d463a14e29bf18359b2474105e.jpeg

Prem Mandir, Vrindavan

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-4541e55db3364cc0bfd078e5c75dcd1c.jpeg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-c3c9360e8d174cb59ae5842e8c8a201e.jpeg

Just after toll @ Yammuna Expressway

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1400.jpeg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1406.jpeg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_1409.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 11th March 2024 at 01:43.
sinharishi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 13:18   #340
BHPian

Has Road Tax in Karnataka gone up again? My dealer is quoting 60,975 as total tax for Kamet white variant. Can anyone who recently got their Kamet white delivered in Bangalore confirm?
Old 11th March 2024, 22:17   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Wow. The latter motorcycle got my attention. Unless you are looking for something a little lighter and easier to maneuver, I wonder why you'd give up a Super Meteor! You get heaps more power, better refinement, a supremely comfortable seat which allows for the most stress free ride ever, on a Royal Enfield. The only gripe might be that its hard to manage in traffic but a bike like that does not belong there.
I found it a little odd too initially but considering how some of our "highways" pass through cities with maddening and mindless traffic, a heavy cruiser isn't suitable for our conditions yet. The guy who was selling a barely used super meteor told me that it becomes very heavy especially with pillion and luggage and have dropped it couple of times while taking tight U-turns. Knowing RE's weight management, I wasn't surprised.

Last edited by Mach_1590 : 11th March 2024 at 22:38.
Mach_1590 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 23:33   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaslu@2028 View Post
Has Road Tax in Karnataka gone up again? My dealer is quoting 60,975 as total tax for Kamet white variant. Can anyone who recently got their Kamet white delivered in Bangalore confirm?
61071!

That’s what my dealer has quoted! Maverick motors. Which dealer are you dealing with?

And the invoicing was done for : 278995/-

I have no idea what and where the dealer is charging me, in deep waters with RE as usual.

They do not have a clean transparent pricing because of the pre booking and price hikes, for which the dealer is free to twist your arm know ing that you’ll probably not walk away from the deal!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 11:30   #343
Senior - BHPian

I'm 165 cms tall, (I'm Ok not to flat foot), and got used to it. I like the riding dynamics a lot (among the new launches). It is very comfortable. Yes, the bike is top-heavy, and that's a challenge a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The bike is tall!! I am 178 cms and I couldnt flat foot the bike on both sides (little raise)
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 12:05   #344
BHPian

Quote:
61071!

That’s what my dealer has quoted! Maverick motors. Which dealer are you dealing with?

And the invoicing was done for : 278995/-

I have no idea what and where the dealer is charging me, in deep waters with RE as usual.
Teknik Motors. Thankfully my booking was pre launch. Otherwise this would have easily gone to 4 Lacs
Old 12th March 2024, 22:02   #345
BHPian

Has anyone used Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra to connect with the Instrument Cluster ? I am facing issues, the wifi network is showing but it's not connecting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks