Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 04:19   #136
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Regarding the tubeless tyres, RE is having production issues with the gold colour tubeless rims in Handle Black model for the UK market and is offering tubeless tyres only with black rims.

The gold colour is facing issues of chipping and pressure loss. As per the dealers there, RE has quoted them around 1 year as the timeline for the golden tubeless rims to be available.

Taking that into account, Hanle Black lovers who are waiting for tubeless tyre version, your wait might just get even longer.
Sam9293 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 09:01   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam9293 View Post
Regarding the tubeless tyres, RE is having production issues with the gold colour tubeless rims in Handle Black model for the UK market and is offering tubeless tyres only with black rims.
I actually don't mind the black rims - easier to fix in case of paint issues. And am sure RE is going to charge unnecessary premium based on color on the rims as well.
Old 28th January 2024, 10:43   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I actually don't mind the black rims - easier to fix in case of paint issues. And am sure RE is going to charge unnecessary premium based on color on the rims as well.
Well that's true, RE is going to price the golden rims at a premium. That's what influenced my decision to go for Kamet White.

But for most of Handle Black owners the golden rims complete the look of the bike and as far as we know that's the most common colour delivered till date.

So now it's an even longer wait for them to go tubeless with official rims unless they go for the black ones.
Old 28th January 2024, 11:32   #139
BHPian

In UK, Kamet White seems to be highest variant. And it comes with black tubeless rim.

Old 28th January 2024, 11:38   #140
Senior - BHPian

This handlebar bend issue, I'm hearing from many channels. There could be some truth in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
But this incident made me think about another experience couple of weeks back when I asked another RE dealer for test ride, they said that test ride bike got in to some accident and handlebar got bent. Bike was in workshop to replace it. Combining this with this current incident and. showroom person's fear, I am started to think if Himalayan450 handlebar is so fragile to bend on single fall? Do they know anything about some quality issues that they have not made public? I have also seen some posts here complaining about bike turning to a particular direction.
Old 28th January 2024, 20:22   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The gold colour is facing issues of chipping and pressure loss. As per the dealers there, RE has quoted them around 1 year as the timeline for the golden tubeless rims to be available.

Taking that into account, Hanle Black lovers who are waiting for tubeless tyre version, your wait might just get even longer.
What is your source please? How genuine is this information?
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 21:45   #142
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
How come they are able to sell this outside India?

Regards.
Bharath
Old 29th January 2024, 00:02   #143
BHPian

Does anyone have any feedback on panniers by a company called lama-g.com ? They had a stall in Motoverse 2023. They are having good pricing and discounts.
Old 29th January 2024, 09:10   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
It's based on UK discussion forums and videos of people who have pre-ordered in UK. Kamet White is the most expensive model in UK since RE can't offer Handle Black with golden tubeless rims. If they want tubeless rims then the dealers are offering black ones on Hanle Black in UK as accessory.

We can assume a similar situation for India.
Old 29th January 2024, 11:01   #145
BHPian

Quote:
It's based on UK discussion forums and videos of people who have pre-ordered in UK. Kamet White is the most expensive model in UK since RE can't offer Handle Black with golden tubeless rims. If they want tubeless rims then the dealers are offering black ones on Hanle Black in UK as accessory.
Please feel free to share the reference URL's would want to keep a watch as well.
Old 29th January 2024, 11:27   #146
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Regarding the tubeless tyres, RE is having production issues with the gold colour tubeless rims........your wait might just get even longer.
Whatever colour, the most important question is when are they going to offer it?
Just had my 1st puncture in the heart of Panna Tiger reserve late into the afternoon, was lucky to get a puncture guy close to to the toll gate there, else it would have been a horrible experience.

So when are they going to get it to India?

BTW finished my 9 day long ride. Now the Odo n trip meter stand as such. She has been totally flawless in the 5 days of ride (rest of the days I was not riding) so on average 700km everyday.

Total VFM product, wish they get the Tubeless Spoke Wheels soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_5423.jpeg  

Last edited by techfreak : 29th January 2024 at 11:31.
techfreak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 13:41   #147

As I wait for an update on delivery for Himalayan, received a call from Triumph regarding my enquiry for Scrambler 400x (which I had booked earlier but cancelled long back and didn’t enquire again). Out of curiosity, I asked for the waiting period for the 400x and surprised to know they are offering same day delivery. Just come to the showroom and take the bike.

I wonder what is taking RE 4 months of waiting period for the delivery of Himalayan 450. I know volume of bookings would be higher compared to scrambler 400x but I believe they would also have the capacities to handle that volume and deliver the bikes within 1 month at least.

Anyways I am going to stick with my booking for the Himalayan 450.

What’s your views on this delay?
Old 29th January 2024, 13:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Why wait? Just buy a tube of 3M Marine sealant and you can convert your wheels to tubeless right away and retain those lovely golden rims. Outex is another option
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Just had my 1st puncture in the heart of Panna Tiger reserve late into the afternoon, was lucky to get a puncture guy close to to the toll gate there, else it would have been a horrible experience.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 16:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesbysky View Post
Out of curiosity, I asked for the waiting period for the 400x and surprised to know they are offering same day delivery. Just come to the showroom and take the bike.
I wonder what is taking RE 4 months of waiting period for the delivery of Himalayan 450.
When I enquired in Chennai, scrambler 400x has 20 days waiting period irrespective of color.

My assumptions on delay are -
  • What you were offered could be cancelled bike or display bike.
  • Triumph number of showrooms are less, hence booking would be less.
  • RE is spread across India and everywhere 450 should be made available.
  • I believe 4 months is just for the sake of giving a dead line. Mostly we can expect to get delivered in 2 months.
  • RE is concentrating more on manufacturing of Classic 350 as it is more demanding model.

Last edited by tech_rider : 29th January 2024 at 16:44.
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 16:58   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesbysky View Post
Anyways I am going to stick with my booking for the Himalayan 450.

I too went for a test ride of the Scrambler 400X at their Noida outlet, but the sales manager mentioned that a demo vehicle is not available so tested the Speed400 instead.

It was good but the Himalayan 452 was simply amazing, especially the riding posture and comfort, so I booked it from Uma Riders, Noida. Checked with the sales person whether to book through the app or offline and he mentioned that the Dealer can expedite delivery if done offline.

I booked the Hanle Black on 31 Dec'23 and the app showed tentative delivery date of 9 May'24! Checked with the dealer who mentioned it would be sooner, but could not pin point how much sooner. Then, received a pleasant surprise when the dealer called me up on 17 Jan and told that the bike had arrived! Took delivery the same day
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks