Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Yamaha R3 & MT-03 Review

Way overpriced and even then, the naked variant is slightly costlier than the faired sportsbike. Now, when did I see this before?

But its a CBU. When you aren't confident or sure about a market, or not ready technically to manufacture, you launch a CBU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
I am disappointed by Yamaha.
1. The 140-section rear tyre on the bike with close to 5 lakhs on-road price is very disappointing.
2. They should have bumped up the power figures of the R3 like KTM did in its new-gen Duke 390.
3. The bike looks small in dimensions, don't look like a 5 lakh bike.
4. Pricing is also high, it should be close to 4 lakh ex-showroom.
5. There are very few Service centres that can service R3 and even if they do, the service experience is not as premium as it should be for a 5 lakh bike.
Considering all the above factors, this time again this bike will see very few buyers.
Very valid points. I'd want to add something to them.
1. Yes, a 140 section sounds like something their 153cc non faired bike used to have in 2008.
But back then, the first edition YZF-R15 came with a 100 section tyre, the MRF Zapper S 100/80x17.
So, the logic given by Yamaha was that its a supersport and it needs to keep the unsprung & overall weight low. But the tyre was a soft, sticky compound, and provided superior grip and feel in those days, even on other bikes I retrofitted this tyre on.

I can see a similar thing here. I feel its a conscious decision by Yamaha for a great overall experience, if not looks.

2. Agreed, although emission norms are killing overall performance in engines around the world, in every category. They could've still tuned it for a bigger theoretical figure, but Japanese are very conservative in general.

Rest of the points:- Indeed. Service is the biggest concern here.

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 30th December 2023 at 13:03.
Samarth 619 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks