Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 15:56   #16

Re: Coolant leakage in my Triumph Speed 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex View Post
Love the comment that they changed the spark plug because it got wet !!!!
Coolant is inert and non corrosive, what damage can it do to a spark plug.
Just the service centre squeezing a few more Rupees out of you.
Doesn't the spark plug get wet when you ride in the rain?

Ride safe, Neil
Bro, all was covered under warranty. I paid ZERO (0/-) to get this thing sorted out, so it doesn't really matter if they're trying to squeeze out more bucks from my pocket. What you said is/maybe TRUE but if still it could have affected it somehow, I'm with the service guys on this that they changed it on their own and not with the thought they cannot charge me for it.

Cheers!!
Old 30th January 2024, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtovio View Post
Bro, all was covered under warranty. I paid ZERO (0/-) to get this thing sorted out, so it doesn't really matter if they're trying to squeeze out more bucks from my pocket. What you said is/maybe TRUE but if still it could have affected it somehow, I'm with the service guys on this that they changed it on their own and not with the thought they cannot charge me for it.

Cheers!!
Maybe they get a credit from Triumph because it was under warranty. Just playing the "devil's advocate" for a bit of fun, based on my own experience of the automotive service industry in India !!
Regards Neil
Old 1st August 2024, 14:40   #18
BHPian

I faced a somewhat similar issue on my speed 400 which has done around 450 kms. Coolant was leaking from a hole between the engine fins.

I took it to Triumph's Noida service center today and the technician said it happened because the coolant was below the minimum mark and he topped it up, but this doesn't sounds very convincing because is just 20 days old and I did a complete PDI while i was purchasing the vehicle.

As of now, Vehicle is fine after a 20 KM ride. Posting a picture below from where the coolant had leaked. Technician couldnt justify why there was a hole in the cylinder and what is the purpose of the hole, and this is there in all speed 400/scrambler 400.
Attached Thumbnails
Coolant leakage in my Triumph Speed 400-whatsapp-image-20240731-6.07.46-pm.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks