Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 10:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield launches 'Reown' pre-owned bike program in India

Royal Enfield has announced the launch of its new pre-owned motorcycle business called "Reown" in India.

Royal Enfield launches 'Reown' pre-owned bike program in India-screenshot-20231206-104942.jpg

As part of the new initiative, customers can buy or sell their Royal Enfield bikes. Customers can also exchange their bikes for a new Royal Enfield motorcycle. According to the company, Reown aims to offer a hassle-free experience to customers and will ensure that they get a fair price for their motorcycles. A dedicated relationship manager will guide customers throughout the process.

All pre-owned motorcycles listed on Royal Enfield’s Reown platform will undergo 200+ mechanical checks and will be refurbished with genuine parts. Each bike will come with a warranty and two free services. Customers selling their bikes on the Reown platform will be offered a loyalty bonus of up to Rs 5,000 for Genuine Motorcycle Accessories.

Royal Enfield Reown is available in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Chennai. Financing options are available through HDFC and IDFC banks.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield launches 'Reown' pre-owned bike program in India

I just used the website and it seems they are still not up. After entering my personal details and submitting after OTP verification, the page got stuck. After a few mins saw an error message: Internal Server Error - Please try again after some time.

I hope they offer better value as compared to other channels like BeepKart or CredR .
samee_arian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:32   #3
BHPian

I have a T-Bird 350 which i bought in 2017 which has completed just 6K kms. Tried to get an estimation and it said its worth 66K.
Are other sites over inflating listing or is this very low? I thought it would be worth close to a lakh in this market.
Abhiram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 14:16   #4

I tried selling my MY 2021 Classic 350 (Reborn) using the "Reown" website: https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/reown/

Entering details is easy and you are assigned a relationship manager. A motorcycle inspection is then scheduled and they send a person (who seems to be not an RE employee but a dealer) to take a look at the vehicle and the papers. The process is quite well-oiled till this point.

However they made an offer of 1.38L which I felt was quite low so I asked them how they arrived at this number. According to them the valuation is only considering the 'original' ex-showroom price (and the depreciation on it). So the insurance, extended warranty, road tax, accessories etc. have no value !!

I gave strongly worded feedback to the Reown contact that this is a misleading venture and a waste of customer's time. He then asked me what my expectation was and I told him something closer to 1.85L. Next day I got another offer of 1.6L from them (1.55L cash and 5K voucher for RE accessories) which I would have accepted but I had decided by this time to give the bike to a friend.

The whole reason I was going with Reown was to avoid the hassle of negotiating and dealing with dealers and individuals. But this whole episode reeked of the same lowballing which I wanted to avoid in the first place.

Considering I was going to be a repeat customer (bought a Himalayan 450) I feel there is tremendous scope for improvement in this program. Compare this to my car buying experience. I drove my Maruti Swift to the Kia showroom on the day of full payment and the selling price was adjusted in the invoice.
anurag344 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks