Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 11:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda CB350 RS Review | With aesthetic & functional mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieS View Post
We should be changing gears looking at the RPM, not at the speed. Following this rule, I never found the CB350 to be intractable. If you notice, because of its taller gearing, the RPM in the CB350 doesn't increase like other similar bikes, when on lower gears. Therefore, no need to go to a higher gear immediately on a CB350. Practice this and you should be fine.
Not a CB350 owner, but I have ridden it considerably. While what you said is correct and enjoyable on open roads, the problem is specific to those who commute daily on busy roads and heavy traffic, there is a distinct drop in power while shifting between 1->2 and 2->3. So much so, that even the KTMs have better spread out 1,2,3 gears. This leads to a jerky ride in traffic scenarios. But, thankfully the clutch is lighter, and in most such scenarios 4th and 5th gears are useless unless you find open roads.

Those who ride the clutch or lug the engine trying to ride it like a bullet, will observe premature worn out clutch, chain sprockets. On the other hand, it's a great engine for the highways, in fact I would say it is the best bike for touring if Honda supports the sale and service from regular outlets(not bigwing).
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks