Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 18:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

50 Ola Scooter customers protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali

Earlier this week, Ola customers staged a protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali, Karnataka, over the e-scooter’s reliability issues.

50 Ola Scooter customers protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali-docscanner-29112023-922-am.jpg

According to media reports, around 50 customers were facing technical issues with their recently purchased Ola e-scooters. Customers said that the scooters would turn off completely while riding.

It is said that despite several visits to the service station, the issue remained unresolved. A customer who took delivery of his e-scooter this Diwali said that he had faced this issue four times already. As the service station failed to fix the problem, the showroom assured him that a refund would be processed in a week. It’s been three weeks, and he has yet to receive a refund.

50 Ola Scooter customers protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali-docscanner-29112023-922-am-1.jpg

Customers have also complained about the availability of spare parts at showrooms.

Source: Deccan Herald

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th November 2023 at 18:46.
TusharK is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 00:35   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
re: 50 Ola Scooter customers protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali

So much for claiming to end the ICE age. Sigh!!
i10_sanjay is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 11:51   #3
BHPian

Re: 50 Ola Scooter customers protest in front of Ola showrooms in Hubbali

It's amazes me, inspite of these widely reported issues with the Ola scooters customers still make a bee-line to pick one for themselves and than stage such protests if their product fails!

Ola doesn't even standalone service center in major cities and are providing door-step service. How can one even expect this to be efficient?

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 1st December 2023 at 11:52.
ashvek3141 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 12:42   #4
BHPian

Among the vast pool of EV 2-wheelers available today in India, I think only Ather & TVS iCube seems to be majorly trouble-free in the long-run.

They are upping the quality quotient and Ola is concentrating on the numbers game rather on the quality.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 23:22   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Likewise, irate customers in the state of M.P. are seen in this video demonstrating in front of an Ola showroom demanding that it be closed down, as it has failed to ameliorate their Ola scooters incl. the S1 Pro Gen/ S1 Air's issues. The showroom owner says that the dealership has been authorised to ONLY SELL BUT NOT SERVICE OLA SCOOTERS.

This was about a month ago. It has also been posted at Post # 945 on 06.11.23 on the link provided below:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...er-review.html (Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 17:36   #6

And yet they will find new buyers. Ola just dropped the ex-showroom price today for the S1X model by 20,000 to 89,999 INR
Old 3rd December 2023, 18:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Despite such issues it continues to sell. And people keep buying. As much as 30,000 units in November 2023 alone.
As long as sales figures do not drop, I feel, OLA won't do anything and merely treat these as isolated cases rather than a serious product issue.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 01:38   #8
BHPian

Just noticed that the scooters in the picture are mostly the Gen2 models with twin shock suspension. Turning off in the middle of the road is exactly what I experienced on my month old S1 Air, which is now stuck at the service centre for a battery replacement. It is clear that the new design battery has issues. It makes me feel concerned. What if the replacement battery also fails after the warranty period?

What Ola should do is to try and regain the good will they continue to lose, by improving service and concentrate on improving quality rather than sell as many of these defective products as they can, which is what they seem to be doing now.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed