Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 11:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch

Ather Energy has released a teaser of its upcoming electric scooter called the 450 Apex. It is said to be the brand’s fastest e-scooter yet.

Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch-screenshot-20231130-114037.jpg

Ather Energy is celebrating its 10th anniversary with the 450 Apex. The latest version of the 450 series is described as “the pinnacle of the 450 platform”. It will go on sale sometime next year.

While technical details of the 450 Apex are scarce, we can expect it to pack a more powerful electric motor offering improved acceleration and a higher top speed.

At present, the 450X uses a 6.4 kW electric motor that generates 26 Nm of torque. Ather claims a 0-40 km/h in 3.3 seconds and a top speed of 90 km/h. The e-scooter is powered by a 3.7 kWh battery pack, offering a range of 150 km on a single charge.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 19:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch

Ather is on a roll here, the 450 Apex seems to be good on paper, let's see how it is in the real world, and most importantly how they price it.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 14:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy opens bookings for 450 Apex e-scooter

Ather Energy has started accepting bookings for the upcoming 450 Apex electric scooter on its official website.

Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch-screenshot-20231219-143328.jpg

The 450 Apex is being described as “the pinnacle of the 450 platform”. However, the company hasn’t disclosed any technical details yet.

The 450 Apex is expected to be the most performance-oriented e-scooter the company ever produced. It could use a more powerful electric motor, resulting in quicker acceleration and a higher top speed. As per the website, the 450 Apex will have four riding modes – Eco, Ride, Sport and Warp+.

Currently, the 450X uses a 6.4 kW electric motor that generates 26 Nm of torque. Ather claims a 0-40 km/h in 3.3 seconds and a top speed of 90 km/h. The e-scooter is powered by a 3.7 kWh battery pack, offering a range of 150 km on a single charge.

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 16:50   #4
BHPian

I have preordered it as a complement to my OG 450 from 2019. I say complement rather than replacement because it still has the same range as new and I dont think the resale value of my current scooter will be any good (probably 50-60K) and I'd rather have my kids (first one uses it currently and second will turn 16 in a year) use it until the battery capacity really goes down.

However, whether I buy or not will depend on how much they have taken the platform forward. The 450X Gen 3 didnt seem like a huge leap forward from my current scooter. I dont have too much hope that the Apex will be too different, but the amount is refundable and I'm hoping that the 5 year anniversary will bring some good cheer.
Old 19th December 2023, 18:31   #5
BHPian

I also pre-ordered it a few minutes back and got a call from the dealer. Somehow dealer is suggesting to take the existing model since Apex will not receive any subsidy. I politely declined to take the existing model and told them to give me a call back once the test ride of Apex is available.

I wanted Ather to introduce a new generation of 450 (460?) with a little bigger dimension. The current one seems rather a bit too small. If they can add some more range then I will take the Apex.
Old 21st December 2023, 19:59   #6
BHPian

Me too pre booked on 18th Dec. Dont have many hopes from Apex as it just look like a superior version of 450X. I just hope price dont cross 2L OTR in Mumbai.
Old 21st December 2023, 21:27   #7
BHPian

Yeah I fear the price too. At this point judging by YouTube videos it might just have a quicker mode than more range. If there is no range improvement I will just cancel. No one wants more speed from these tiny wheels.
Old 21st December 2023, 22:14   #8
BHPian

Range is the biggest gripe for me as well. The 450x scooter feels quick enough. If we get range of 200kms real world. This scooter would be an instant purchase candidate.
Old 21st December 2023, 22:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Range is the biggest gripe for me as well. The 450x scooter feels quick enough. If we get range of 200kms real world. This scooter would be an instant purchase candidate.
Yes but realistically speaking if at least 150 km they can do then it will be an instant buy. I see no reason for them to focus on speed. If they are then they have misunderstood the market by a long shot.

I personally wanted a little bigger 450x with more range (bigger battery pack). In today's traffic forget WARP+ even ECO feels quick enough.
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:51   #10
BHPian

Referring to some Youtube comments from ppl who attended their Whee Camp, it just seems like a bump in motor capacity to increase top speed with few dedicated software features for Apex. With exact dimensions as current 450x, I doubt they have increased battery capacity by any means.

I don’t even wonder, if they claim 5km more true range just by few software optimisation, and oh yeah! there’s advanced regen for them to talk a lot about ��
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:58   #11
BHPian

Yes looking like it. I will patiently wait then cancel. For me range is the only priority.
Old 22nd December 2023, 05:02   #12
BHPian

Most of us Ather owners seem to be going more with wishes than what Ather can realistically deliver. I think they got blindsided with delivering a well engineered product and succeeded in that respect. But the competition (specifically Ola) brought out a product that was superior in virtually every respect (power, range, comfort, price) and that allowed them to navigate the QC minefields.

The things that I am looking for from the Apex
- Range - my 450 range of 65 means I cannot even go to some parts of Bangalore without planning a recharge. I would like 150 km to completely remove my range anxiety
- Seat Comfort - the sloping seat is a nightmare beyond a local runabout
- Looks - I would like something more substantial looking including a bigger floorboard

From all indications, it is almost certain that the Apex is not going to deliver on this and hence is an automatic cancel for me.
jaganm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 13:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Ather 450 Apex e-scooter to be launched on January 6, 2024

Ather Energy has announced the launch date for the 450 Apex. Touted as the "pinnacle of the 450 platform", the new e-scooter will go on sale on January 6, 2024.

Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch-gcw1sseboaasflj.jpg

The 450 Apex is expected to be the most performance-oriented e-scooter the company ever produced. It could use a more powerful electric motor, resulting in quicker acceleration and a higher top speed. As per the website, the 450 Apex will have four riding modes – Eco, Ride, Sport and Warp+.

Currently, the 450X uses a 6.4 kW electric motor that generates 26 Nm of torque. Ather claims a 0-40 km/h in 3.3 seconds and a top speed of 90 km/h. The e-scooter is powered by a 3.7 kWh battery pack, offering a range of 150 km on a single charge.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th December 2023 at 13:41.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 20:27   #14
BHPian

Yawn, who is Ather targeting here. The 1% of the potential EV buyers looking for more performance. No one cares about performance beyond a certain stage in a scooter. They should be making it cheaper, comfortable and quieter. The roads are getting worse everyday by design thanks to concrete roads.
DIY410 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 23:30   #15
BHPian

I think this will be the last model of 450 series before they move to the new and bigger family oriented model. When I test drove 450x, it felt similar to TVS Wego in terms of styling, handling, size, handlebar positioning. Wego was a stellar package even better than Jupiter but we Indians are herd mentality and goes blindly after Activa so TVS changed body panels of Wego and launched Jupiter. Ather 450x is better than Ola S1 Pro, Ather should increase the range of 450x to 140-150 kms real world range that’s all what everyone wants. There is no need of increasing speed or anything else. This will become the most desirable scooter again and will sell more than S1 Pro.
N4Revv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks